• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anti-gun Documentary and Panel Discussion at UNH-Durham tonight

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, December 03, 2008, 02:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Recumbent ReCycler

Tonight at 7pm an anti-gun documentary will be shown in the MUB at UNH-Durham, followed by a panel discussion.  It is free and open to the public.  Details can be found here: https://blackboard.unh.edu/webapps/unh-calendar-bb_bb60/pages/event.jsf?eventPk=200812039849

FTL_Ian

That'd make a fun open-carry event.  Though I imagine guns are banned on campus.

Fluff and Stuff

The lady which the video is about wants to prevent women from owning guns so that they may protect themselves from rape.  Or maybe she doesn't want that and just wants to ban adults from buying guns for self defense.  Either way, I don't like it.

Recumbent ReCycler

From what I've read, it appears that she wants people to have to wait 10 days from the date they purchase a gun before they can take possession of it.  Apparently her son bought a gun and shot himself.  If he had to wait 10 days to get a gun, he probably would have used another method to kill himself.  I reckon the easiest and least messy way to commit suicide would be to suffocate yourself with a plastic bag, but I doubt she would advocate for restrictions on plastic bags.

margomaps

Quote from: William on December 04, 2008, 12:16 PM NHFT
Did anyone go to this?

Yes, I would imagine a whole pack of rabid anti-gun folk probably did.   >:D