• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any Panarchists Here?

Started by David, December 04, 2008, 09:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

Of all the anarchists/panarchists/whateverarchists in Keene, David is on my top five list for best idea:  His anarchy house project idea should be implemented asap. I'm not sure what is holding you back now, bud, there's tons of people who have moved into the area, and real estate is nearing bottom. What is the status of that project? What can be done to move it forward?

Raineyrocks

Lloyd Danforth

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 06, 2008, 01:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ryan McGuire on December 05, 2008, 03:50 PM NHFT
Are you proposing that we not discuss it?
I propose that sometimes people in this movement never get past discussion.
I often tire of the discussion of the perfect term. I wanted to give David K a nudge in the ribs over another discussion.

:D  I understood the original intent.  Many in this movement are 'debateatarians'.  In fact, most are.  The greatest plans in the world mean nothing if all it remains, is a plan. 

Quote from: dalebert on December 05, 2008, 12:49 PM NHFT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panarchy

It's another word for anarchy or voluntaryism, in essence.

The biggest difference is that in advocating panarchy, I end up advocating for gov't, at least for others, to give them what they want, in the attempt to get what I want, a voluntary 'gov't'. 
It is a big mental shift for me to go from opposing all gov'ts to suggesting Panarchic gov'ts. 

Quote from: Caleb on December 07, 2008, 09:23 AM NHFT
Of all the anarchists/panarchists/whateverarchists in Keene, David is on my top five list for best idea:  His anarchy house project idea should be implemented asap. I'm not sure what is holding you back now, bud, there's tons of people who have moved into the area, and real estate is nearing bottom. What is the status of that project? What can be done to move it forward?
A few people seemed interested, but the status is zilch.  Need money to buy property.  I don't have it, and I screwed my credit up last year when money was particularly tight.  The project will not work on rental property, not in the principled means equal ends method I wanted. 

dalebert

Are we allowed to have discussions when we are ALSO doing productive stuph?
:D

Raineyrocks

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on December 07, 2008, 07:13 PM NHFT

Are we allowed to have discussions when we are ALSO doing productive stuph?
:D
I propose we listen to Dale when he is making us muffins.

memenode

I don't really care about the term anymore so long as nobody imposes one on me. I also don't really care anymore about debating on this forum, preaching to the choir, although the fact there is such a thing as a minarchist (or whatever you call those who still have excuses for initiation of force) does make me squirm, but I somehow think they're close enough that it's almost inevitable for them to just drop over the edge sooner or later.

What I'm doing instead is debating with non-libertairans and non-voluntaryists, the people out there at large, whomever I get a chance with, from my sister to folks on a tech site to which I post some of my articles to people who use my IRC channel (which this year basically turned from a 10% voluntaryist to around 60% voluntaryist showing me incredible vindication of the voluntaryist ideas).

But when I discuss I don't go throw a label on what I'm advocating up front. I almost find that to be a stupid thing to do actually. It's like immediately saying to someone "I'm different and probably better than you cause I am an this*ist and you are that*ist". That sucks. Instead, the best strategy seems to ask questions that they aren't used to asking themselves. It's incredible how quickly this leads them to some interestingly sounding hmmms. They finally start thinking the unthinkable and realizing what they never expected to realize.

I'm gonna start a web site for this stuff and also start making HD video propaganda for it with these kinds of tingling questions, without upfront terminology and isms. For some reason I imagine a perfect storm will result.

So yea.. no more debates. It's time to help them reprogram their minds. </rant>

Scott Roth

Sounds fairly reasonable to me.

David

Agreed.  Not trying to debate people out of their convictions.  Just trying to find others interested in the idea. 

EthanLeeVita

What's your IRC channel and on what server is it?

memenode

Quote from: EthanLeeVita on December 27, 2008, 08:33 AM NHFT
What's your IRC channel and on what server is it?

irc.freenode.net #libervis

David

An article on voluntary gov't, aka panarchy by Michael Roseff from lewrockwell.com
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff252.html
Why Governments Should Be Voluntary

Kat Kanning

Quote from: David on January 05, 2009, 05:02 PM NHFT
An article on voluntary gov't, aka panarchy by Michael Roseff from lewrockwell.com
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff252.html
Why Governments Should Be Voluntary

:D  I like his articles.