• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

State of NH investigates doctor for telling patient she's obese

Started by Dave Ridley, August 22, 2005, 09:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

The state AG is investigating a doctor apparently, for telling his patiend that she needed to lose weight.

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4882185/detail.html

Pat K

Holy crap just when it seems it can not get any stranger.............

Feel free to weigh in on this issue.

An apology.... fat chance lady.......

This may turn out to be quite a fight.... oh well in for a penny in for a pound........

I hope the scales of justice tip in the Doc's favor.........

AlanM

Quote from: Pat K on August 22, 2005, 10:02 PM NHFT
Holy crap just when it seems it can not get any stranger.............

Feel free to weigh in on this issue.

An apology.... fat chance lady.......

This may turn out to be quite a fight.... oh well in for a penny in for a pound........

I hope the scales of justice tip in the Doc's favor.........

Give me the skinny on this one.....

Portly might have been a better choice of adjectives.... ::)

CNHT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 22, 2005, 09:33 PM NHFT
The state AG is investigating a doctor apparently, for telling his patiend that she needed to lose weight.

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4882185/detail.html

She isn't the only one that ever has been insulted or abused by a doctor before. Remind me to tell you the story of the doctor who tried to cauterize my nostrils with no novacaine and then shoved, no rammed, a pointed stick up there as hard as she could. You could hear me screaming all the way down Elm Street. Another doctor who removed the stick said she was over the top and needed to be reported. This is rare that one doctor would ask a patient to report another doctor...but that is how bad she was. Her name was Ellie something, last name was Germanic, and she worked in the Elliot hospital ER and may possibly still work there so watch out. I had a severe nose injury BEFORE I went in and a worse one AFTER I came out!

The insult on top of it all was, I had to listen to three lectures on domestic violence and how to report it.

My poor widdle nosey!

Lloyd Danforth

There is a big difference between hurting one's feelings and giving improper medical treatment.

Kat Kanning

Why would someone be investigated for hurting someone's feelings, anyway?  Is that against the law now?

Lloyd Danforth

Apparently...if you're a licenced professional and have deep pockets for a potential lawsuit.

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 23, 2005, 05:39 AM NHFT
There is a big difference between hurting one's feelings and giving improper medical treatment.

I left out the part about the weight...

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on August 23, 2005, 05:41 AM NHFT
Why would someone be investigated for hurting someone's feelings, anyway?? Is that against the law now?

Yes.   :o

CNHT

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 23, 2005, 12:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on August 23, 2005, 05:41 AM NHFT
Why would someone be investigated for hurting someone's feelings, anyway?? Is that against the law now?

Yes.? ?:o

Hey it's against the law to be politically incorrect didn't you know? Speech control and next, thought control. I realize that telling someone they are overweight is for their own good but it can be done judiciously and not in an insulting way.

AlanM

I remember when I was around 20, my family doctor gave me a physical, then told me he thought I should quit smoking. He said something like "Hey, your stupid, foolish and dumb. You're ruining your health, and it's a disgusting habit. Suggest you smarten up now, before it's too late. Now, are you going to quit?" I shrugged and said I doubted it. "Okay," he said, "I've done my duty as your doctor. Let's have a smoke." And we did.

Mark

Apparently he was on the Today Show this morning. This story doesn't surprise me because the guy is a bit of a jerk, but being a jerk isn't against the law.

Integrity

? YA , lets have the atorney general investigate this,? ? ::)? ? ? ? ? As? the ( Surgeon? general ) has been saying for years that Americans are to fat,? OOPPPPSS I mean over weight,? ;D? PC police might not like that,? ? GET REAL this is a waste of TV? or air time.

CavalrySoldier

I don't know about anyone else, but as an American Soldier, I can tell you I have had some terrible doctors (they don't have to do internships in the military).  I also know that I would much rather have a calous doctor who says what needs to be said and does what needs to be done than some namby pamby doctor who only knows how to be politically correct.

The article in the AP said he sent her an apology letter for hurting her feelings and she is still persuing this a year later.  I'd say she is just being a money grubbing B!}(#.  The worse part is that the New Hampshire Medical Association refered it to the Attorney General*.

*Misnomer, the attorney general is a lawyer yes, but has no military training and has not reached that rank, the title portion "general" means nothing, he is either in an elected position or an appointed one, depending on state.  They call him the Attorney General to lend credibility to someone who has none, a lawyer. ;D

Mark

Quote from: CavalrySoldier on August 25, 2005, 02:30 PM NHFT
*Misnomer, the attorney general is a lawyer yes, but has no military training and has not reached that rank, the title portion "general" means nothing, he is either in an elected position or an appointed one, depending on state.  They call him the Attorney General to lend credibility to someone who has none, a lawyer. ;D

In NH, she is appointed by the Governor with the approval of the Executive Council.

By the way, I felt a general sense of illness the other day, so I talked to the general manager of the general store in town. He suggested I see my doctor, a general practitioner, who suggested a procedure which included general anesthesia. Should I have been checking military credentials?  ;)