• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine 2009 Logo?

Started by Kat Kanning, December 06, 2008, 07:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Organjic on December 10, 2008, 08:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on December 10, 2008, 07:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Organjic on December 08, 2008, 11:56 PM NHFT
I'll take a shot at the design

Yikes!  Wouldn't you put a hole in it if you did that?  ;D
Well the current design needs a little work... :P

It's cute except for the strange eyeball.  :D   I was joking like if you took a shot at it, (with a gun), wouldn't you put a hole in it.  :)

SpeedPhreak

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on December 10, 2008, 08:30 PM NHFT

Probably not conductive to a festive mood.

Rut-roh, Pat pissed off the Gutenbergs. Are they like the Schnergenbergers?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on December 10, 2008, 10:35 PM NHFT
Text to be added in the "rings"

Cool :)   I don't want to rip off the FSP logo, though.

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on December 11, 2008, 09:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on December 10, 2008, 08:30 PM NHFT

Probably not conductive to a festive mood.

Rut-roh, Pat pissed off the Gutenbergs. Are they like the Schnergenbergers?

Pissy Fuckers ain't they.

SpeedPhreak

I thought that a continuity would be good - I didn't know they were that un-related.

No problem though - the porc in the center can be changed easily enough.

I'm going to see what puke & db come up with before I give it another shot or refine these further - I have a lot of irons in the fire right now.

Russell Kanning

vampire zim was asking about this years logo ... he is making t-shirts

AntonLee

I dig that black burning porc logo!

Friday

Both those images are really cool.  But I agree with Kat, I wouldn't manipulate the porcupine straight out of the FSP's logo without OK'ing it with them (and I don't think they'll OK it).

AntonLee

I'm in the FSP, can I okay it?  Do you have to get everyone's permission or is there a special king or president that can okay the use of their line shaped as a porcupine?

to me, that logo looks much different. . . the one I have has a white center and is sitting on a green patch.  Those are filled with fire or on fire. . . seems to me that it's a different logo since the FSP does not have an official porcupine logo that is on fire does it?

Who was the artist?  Would they approve of someone changing their image and using it for their own purposes? 

I found someone online who took one of my pictures for their page, but they manipulated it so that it had much more color.  I wrote to them and informed them that I owned the image and they replied that they would take it down.  I then replied that they also must forget the image as well as it could live forever in his memory.

and then I told him I was kidding and told him I really dug his manipulation of it.   Improving an idea.

Friday

Quote from: AntonLee on June 22, 2009, 06:13 PM NHFT
I'm in the FSP, can I okay it?  Do you have to get everyone's permission or is there a special king or president that can okay the use of their line shaped as a porcupine?

to me, that logo looks much different. . . the one I have has a white center and is sitting on a green patch.  Those are filled with fire or on fire. . . seems to me that it's a different logo since the FSP does not have an official porcupine logo that is on fire does it?

Who was the artist?  Would they approve of someone changing their image and using it for their own purposes? 

I found someone online who took one of my pictures for their page, but they manipulated it so that it had much more color.  I wrote to them and informed them that I owned the image and they replied that they would take it down.  I then replied that they also must forget the image as well as it could live forever in his memory.

and then I told him I was kidding and told him I really dug his manipulation of it.   Improving an idea.
The FSP is a corporation with officers and a Board of Directors.  I don't know the name of the artist who created its logo.

An individual is free to do whatever he chooses.  I was expressing my opinion that the Powers that Be in the FSP would not appreciate making use of its logo without permission.  Personally, I would consider it poor form to do so. 

Russell Kanning

i keep wishing our event didn't contain porcupine in the name .... because i don't like it being mixed up with the fsp, but i keep getting voted down almost unanimously ... i am powerless to impose my will on this bunch of stinkin anarchists
i like to use other porcupines than the one that looks like the fsp one, but i like those on this thread

AntonLee

Quote from: Friday on June 22, 2009, 07:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on June 22, 2009, 06:13 PM NHFT

The FSP is a corporation with officers and a Board of Directors.  I don't know the name of the artist who created its logo.

An individual is free to do whatever he chooses.  I was expressing my opinion that the Powers that Be in the FSP would not appreciate making use of its logo without permission.  Personally, I would consider it poor form to do so. 

I'm happy to have your opinion if I came off rude my apologies.  I simply disagree because I believe that you have to keep your ideas secret if you don't want others to run with them and make them better.  Once they're out there, they're out there for the world to take, to change, to manipulate, or even to use as it is.

I like the name Burning Porcupine, because one does not have to be associated with the FSP at all to call themselves a porcupine.

Russell Kanning

AntonLee