• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Guess who is *not* going to the Liberty Forum!

Started by orion, December 06, 2008, 09:26 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalWarrior

In one respect your parents are very right.  The cult of the expert is something to should worry about.  When a person with a PHD (but has never taught himself) says homeschooling is bad, you should be cautious.  When a mayor says that only people who work for him should have guns, be cautious.  When a head of a social welfare department says they need more money, be cautious.  If a man in a boardroom says giving him money will help the economy, be cautious.  It is the people with their head in the clouds who are most likely to say silly things and not notice how silly they are.

Gun Control is the philosophy that if you take the guns away from the good guys, the world will be safer.  It might be the Marine Corps perspective, but the more good guys with guns, the better the situation usually works out.  The courts have ruled that police do not have a obligation to respond when you call for help.  You are responsible for your life.

DigitalWarrior

Puke

Bummer dude.
Parents can really suck sometimes. They just can't believe that this human that they used to wipe his ass has his own ideas.

That's life. Hang in there and eventually you'll be able to be your own man. I joined the Army in order to get away from home, among other reasons. That didn't turn out so great, but I made it.

MengerFan

Take this as an opportunity to solidify your ideas with reason, logic, and evidence. If your arguments stand on their own, you can not be criticized for fallacious appeals to authority.

Areté

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 06, 2008, 10:34 AM NHFT
I say take your savings (you do have savings, right?), and move to NH on your 18th.   ;)

I'm with Ian on this one. It'll sure show the rents who's really in control of your life. ;D

George Donnelly

Orion, I had a dad just like this one.

It frustrated the heck out of me, too.

Don't worry you'll be free soon and then you can do what you like.

William

anthonybpugh

Neal Jiutai

You know, there are many colleges and universities in New Hampshire.

Maybe you could apply to all of them, then do intentionally poorly on your application essays to colleges outside of NH, so that the only places you'll be accepted will be in the Free State.  ;)

cynthia

Work on your parents. This may sound crude but use them to help sharpen your logic with your arguments and how people respond to you. Take a cue from my daughter and never stop talking. Eventually their eyes will glass over, and they might start saying, "uh-huh, that's nice, dear".

Many of us went to college and worked full-time. I highly recommend it. Naturally, you'll want to go to a private school, maybe even get an internship to get your foot in the door. It's the people you know and their connections that can land you a solid job. If you want to end up here, you might as well start here.

bouncer

I'm with Neal apply only to NH schools UNH , Dartmouth all of them. If you're a good student you'll get into one of them, then you have plenty of Porcs nearby.

Coconut

Quote from: bouncer on January 26, 2009, 01:25 PM NHFT
I'm with Neal apply only to NH schools UNH , Dartmouth all of them. If you're a good student you'll get into one of them, then you have plenty of Porcs nearby.

And if you're a sucky student, there's Keene State.

dalebert

Quote from: Coconut on January 26, 2009, 04:05 PM NHFT

Or if you just want to live in Keene while milking your G.I. Bill.
>:D

kalmia

Quote from: dalebert on January 26, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on January 26, 2009, 04:05 PM NHFT

Or if you just want to live in Keene while milking your G.I. Bill.
>:D

Does this describe you?

dalebert

Quote from: kalmia on February 28, 2009, 04:41 PM NHFT
Does this describe you?

Oh, please...  I actually didn't participate in the G.I. Bill. It seemed like a con job to me. Not to mention that I've been out of school for 10 years.

kalmia

Quote from: dalebert on February 28, 2009, 10:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: kalmia on February 28, 2009, 04:41 PM NHFT
Does this describe you?

Oh, please...  I actually didn't participate in the G.I. Bill. It seemed like a con job to me. Not to mention that I've been out of school for 10 years.

I was wondering because you were in the military and the guy posting this thread wasn't.  I didn't know what else would make you bring that up.