• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving in a week! 2 Weeks from today I will be in NH! Meetup on the 20th?

Started by ColdSoul, December 06, 2008, 11:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdSoul

Well I still have some things to finalize like a place to stay but I will be moving in just over a week.

A week from today I will be getting my last check from my work which will be my retirement funds I paid out, and I am getting back then I will be finalizing a few things like change of address and paying off my last bills, and have a dinner get together with my family before leaving about 1 week from Monday morning.

2 Weeks from today (I am giving myself 5 days for the cross county drive) I will be in NH around late afternoon Saturday the 20th. I plan on going to Manchester as that is where I plan on staying once I get the apartment rental finalized later this week. Anyone have a good place we could meet up in Manchester on the 20th to have some food and drinks and I could get to know some people? I imagine I will then go to Social Sundays the next day in Keene to meet the Keeniacs.

Have a nice night all

Kat Kanning

dalebert

firecracker joe

Kat Kanning

ColdSoul

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 10, 2008, 07:09 PM NHFT
Anyone able to meet up with him(?) on the 20th?

I figure a day before I get to NH I will call porc 411 and leave a update to my message on here. I am willing to meet in Keene, Manchester or some other place that would be a good meet up point. Everything seems like I should easily be able to make a afternoon meeting on the 20th at Murphy's or Vendetta or some other place that has a nice place to sit and enjoy some company.

ColdSoul

* Day 1 (Tuesday)
    * Leave California (3am)
    * Reach Hoover Dam (845am never seen it before)
    * Reach Grand Canyon (1pm)
    * Stop at Albuquerque NM to rest for the night (8pm)
    * Day 2 (Wed)
    * Leave NM (6am)
    * Arrive Nashville TN to rest for the night (10pm)
    * Day 3 (Thur)
    * Leave TN (6am)
    * No other stops until DC
    * Arrive at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (350pm-405pm)
    * Arrive at Thomas Jefferson Memorial (415pm-430pm)
    * Arrive at Declaration of Independance Memorial (430pm-5pm)
    * Arrive at Freedom Plaza (510pm-525pm)
    * Arrive at Independance Square (728pm)
    * Visit with friend from Phily
    * Day 4 (Fri)
    * Visit with friend from Phily (possibly could leave to NH on this day)
    * Day 5 (Saturday)
    * Leave Phily (6am)
    * Arrive at Manchester NH my new home (Noonish)!

I will update this post daily on my current position each night before I go to bed with my place, and I will call Porc 411 letting everyone know I am leaving Phily either Friday or Saturday morning when I leave this will give anyone that feels like meeting up for a lunch, or dinner in Manchester and meet me time to make arrangements. The current plan is to meet at Murphy's Taproom for Dinner/Drinks Saturday Night, even if I arrive in Manchester Friday.

KBCraig

Traveling Tennessee end-to-end is half the trip. My Lord, that's a long skinny state!

FTL_Ian

ColdSoul

Thanks guys.

I am planning on selling my FWD car because it's been known to be to low to the ground for snow, and buy either a Ford Explorer (99), or a 96 or 94 Jeep Cherokee all 4X4. I think that might do me good when I am traveling around the state checking things out, also it will give me more room to bring things and it will have a luggage rack.

I expect my check to arrive today sometime though I wonder if my work lied to me because I was expecting it yesterday. They had originally told me they would mail it the 12th, so I call them on the morning of the 11th and ask if I can pick it up the next day and they say they sent it on the 10th. Well the last item they sent they sent registered mail on 11/19 and I got it 11/20 so I was expecting that same but it still hasn't arrived. If it doesn't come in today I am calling them Monday to find out why the hell they will send paperwork registered mail, but not send a 10K+ check registered mail?

Well keeping my fingers crossed for today, and then I will go and see if that 99 Ford Explorer is still for sale they want 3,800 for it, and I might be able to get it for 3,500 or a little less. It's the XLT model so it has a lot of options on it.

Kat Kanning

Hubbard

Rough time to come to NH! What a wicked weather weekend we will witness!

ColdSoul

Well due to the weather I wasn't able to make it to NH by Sat at Noon like I hoped, thats also my fault for leaving a day late but thats life.

I am in NY state tonnight, should be able to make it to Keene in time to have a late lunch/early dinner at Panera Bread and then head over to V's for Social Sundays, if anyone wants to join me. I will call 411 about 2 hours before I think I will be at Panera's bread, if I don't make it for that I will make it to Social Sunday for sure :)

I have made two 36+ hour shot's with only about 1 hour of sleep each time during the shot's and a 8 hour sleep between, time for another 8 hour so I will be resteed and ready for tomorrow. Only like 400 miles to go :), if I have time anyone reccomend a good store for cold weather clothing? I need some warm clothes bad :P