• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Second Thanksgiving

Started by Kat Kanning, December 07, 2008, 04:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I have to assume, and I take a big risk assuming,,,that you have actually eaten the said potatoes in the raw?...Right? :o

jerry

I thought raw potatoes were poisonous.   :P

Pat McCotter

Quote from: jerry on December 11, 2008, 12:50 AM NHFT
I've heard that, also, but 50 years of eating them and I'm still kicking...well...still walking...but that has nothing to do with potatoes!

The French call them pomme de terres or earth apples.

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 10, 2008, 05:22 PM NHFT
You put it in your mouth, not wrap it around your head.

That's what she said.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Pat McCotter on December 11, 2008, 03:51 AM NHFT
Quote from: jerry on December 11, 2008, 12:50 AM NHFT
I've heard that, also, but 50 years of eating them and I'm still kicking...well...still walking...but that has nothing to do with potatoes!

The French call them pomme de terres or earth apples.

Not to be confused with Pomme de  rhode

Daien

Quote from: David on December 11, 2008, 12:04 AM NHFT
I have to assume, and I take a big risk assuming,,,that you have actually eaten the said potatoes in the raw?...Right? :o
(shhhhhhh, raw 'mashed potatoes' aren't even made from potatoes!)

David

;D  But the real potatoes are so good. 
If I could get a carpool, I'm happy to pay 5 bucks for the time and trouble each way. 

Puke

Does Will's arrival this day effect anything?

dalebert

Quote from: David on December 12, 2008, 08:54 PM NHFT
;D  But the real potatoes are so good. 
If I could get a carpool, I'm happy to pay 5 bucks for the time and trouble each way. 

I'm going there anyway and it's not that far. You don't have to give gas money. Just remind me tomorrow.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Puke on December 13, 2008, 09:46 AM NHFT
Does Will's arrival this day effect anything?

The shindig is still on for 1:00PM
But there may be a delay in the turkey and ham roasting as Jim and I will be at Will's crossing at 11:00AM.

dalebert

I'm going to try to time my bread correctly. For rolls to be really good, they need to be baked fresh.

Radical_Teen

i just heard that there may not be raw food for tomorrow. unless someone else is bring raw food.

dalebert

Quote from: Radical_Teen on December 13, 2008, 12:53 PM NHFT
i just heard that there may not be raw food for tomorrow. unless someone else is bring raw food.

My rolls will be raw when I get there, at least until we bake them. *shrug*

Friday

I didn't think I'd be attending this, but since WFL has been rescheduled for the same day, and I've got no power, all of a sudden the thought of loitering beside Jim and Lauren's woodstove and scoring a free hot meal gracing Lauren with the extreme pleasure of my company seems strangely compelling.   :D

Since I can't cook anything at the moment, I'll bring a shrimp platter.  The shrimp will be raw.  ;)

Mike Barskey

Hi all. The Animal Farm just got power back (at about 4:00p). Sorry I've been absent for over a day; I've been without power and even reliable cell service (tower was down?) until just now. I forgot to attend the Pink Pistols protest in Manchester (didn't have my computer to remind me - perhaps I'm a little to reliant upon my gadgets :)), was unsure whether the Firefly party was still going on (I made salsa - oh well, I'll make another batch next week), and spent the night and day at the Animal Farm since Walk For Liberty was delayed.

I'm really looking forward to hanging with y'all tomorrow as we welcome Will and Brooke and then give thanks with Jim and Lauren.

And as far as I know, Teri is bringing raw mashed potatoes and gravy to Lauren's tomorrow.