• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Boston Tea Party 2008 - sound money theme

Started by Friday, December 07, 2008, 07:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Join us on Sunday, Dec. 14th, Noon - 6:00PM at Faneuil Hall

The theme of this year's BTP event will focus on setting up a Constitutional, sound money system at the State level, to compete with the Federal Reserve system.

This year's nationally renowned speakers include:

Dr. Edwin Vieira, perhaps America's foremost constitutional scholar (also top of his Harvard Law class),
will be giving an important address about these subjects with impeccable historical documentation and logic.

Dr. Rand Paul, son of presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul and last year's key note speaker

Dr. Katherine Albrecht is fighting to stop RFID tagging and chipping. A new consumer goods tracking
system called Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is poised to enter all of our lives, with profound
implications for consumer privacy.

John McManus, President of the John Birch Society, will address the economic consequences of the
federal bailout.

Seating is limited. General Admission tickets can be purchased for $17.76.

For more information and to purchase your tickets, visit:
www.BostonTeaParty08.com

Can't make it Boston? You can still be part of this historic event while ensuring your funds are used to promote
fiscal responsibility within the states.

You can pre-order a special DVD of the event as well as watch a LIVE webcast of the entire event for just $17.76.
Visit our website for details.

www.BostonTeaParty08.com

Friday

While some of these speakers don't exactly make my heart sing, the thought of seeing Faneuil Hall packed with people who want to do an end-run around the Federal Reserve does.   :love10:  Sounds really promising; I will probably go.

Friday

Joel will also be speaking:

QuoteState Representative Joel Winters (D-Manchester) is serving his second term in the New Hampshire House. Many times, the federal government will ignore problems until the states have begun to take action of their own. Joel will talk about some of the ways that we can build pressure in the states for a sound money system, pass sound money bills in New Hampshire, and the current legislative efforts to bring attention to the problems of fiat currency.

Fluff and Stuff

This looks exciting.  Are you going Friday?  The event organizers are giving the FSP free table space :) Of course, I'm not asking you to do a table.  I'm already willing to do that and I think Greg is also.

John Edward Mercier

How would one go about setting up a constitutional sound money at the State level?
Since only the US Congress is empowered to Coin Money and set the value there of.

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 08, 2008, 01:16 PM NHFT
This looks exciting.  Are you going Friday? 
Don't know yet.  I'm waffling.  Where's the waffle emoticon?  I'll make do with this bacon emoticon, because bacon goes well with waffles. :Bacon_by_danniep:

Kat Kanning

Friday

error

jaqeboy

There will be 2 Community Currency workshops surrounding the Tea Party event: Saturday in Boston and Monday in Bristol, N.H. - both posted to the NHFree Calendar now

Ron Helwig

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 08, 2008, 05:46 PM NHFT
How would one go about setting up a constitutional sound money at the State level?
Since only the US Congress is empowered to Coin Money and set the value there of.

http://www.goldmoneybill.org/ has one take on it. They tried in 2004. It might be getting time to try it again.

jaqeboy

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Ron Helwig on December 10, 2008, 01:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 08, 2008, 05:46 PM NHFT

http://www.goldmoneybill.org/ has one take on it. They tried in 2004. It might be getting time to try it again.

The bill failed because you already can trade US legal tender gold and silver coins in NH... you can even use them to pay taxes.

anon88241661

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 10, 2008, 04:04 PM NHFT

The bill failed because you already can trade US legal tender gold and silver coins in NH... you can even use them to pay taxes.

Much more interesting would be a Federal Bill that required the US Mint to place a USD value on minted silver/gold coins that is within $1USD of the spot price of silver/gold at the first of the year in which they are minted.

It might be possible to get something like that passed, since a Nevada man was able to contest an IRS criminal complaint regarding his payment of employees in US Gold Eagles spot/weight equivalent with average state salaries but only collected payroll taxes based on the face USD value of the coins.

No one will pay NH fees and taxes with Sliver or Gold because the USD denomination of US Gov't minted coins is so vastly far bellow the spot price of the metals.