• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Obama: Don't stock up on guns

Started by Lex, December 09, 2008, 08:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 11, 2008, 06:48 AM NHFT
If Obama says don't stock up on guns . . . stock up on guns.
Politics is a very funny game. If you want one thing, what do you do? My solution is that actions speak louder than words, do whatever you want to do. As the first half-black president, the one thing that Obama does not want to do is rock the boat. There are far more important issues facing the country than gun control, and I would expect Obama would sign any gun control bill that reached his desk, but I would not in a million years expect him to solicit such a bill. Washington DC is the home to every president, and no president is thrilled with the idea of, say having open carry during white house tours (which I would not object to), so you can expect Washington to have more restrictive laws than the rest of the country, but I don't see it going any farther than that. The buzz around town is that Obama will only do what he is pushed to do, instead of leading, he will be following, but he clearly is choosing knowledgeable vs. supportive advisers (other than Hillary, obviously, who was a strictly political choice). It is well established that Pres. Clinton chose qualified department heads and Bush replaced them with unqualified supportive types, so seeing some of the Clinton team restored is not a bad thing. What Obama has tended to do is round up all sides of an issue and cherry pick the best approach. After all he is one of the more intelligent presidents we have had, though not Mensa level. On the other hand Henry Ford surrounded himself with experts and bragged that he did not need to know anything, all he had to do is ask his experts. I did see that Obama chose a nobel laureate, the head of Berkeley's LBNL to be energy secretary, so that's a step in the right direction. In case no one has noticed the US is majorly f'd up, and fed up with that, too. Congress has close to a zero approval rating, and thoroughly deserves it. We don't. Anything below 50% should be grounds for dismissal.

Hubbard

Yessa Massa.... I's is gonna  buys no mo guns!

Friday

QFT

The NRA sent out a spam recently that made this claim (I don't know if it's true or not):
In the "White House Personnel Data Questionnaire" he asked:

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide
           complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever
           lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has
           been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

This chilling notice to gun owners-that they are not welcome to serve in his Administration-shows the deep hostility for Americans' Second Amendment Freedoms that Obama and his Administration have in their hearts.
WTF?  Imagine if that said "Do you have any homosexuals/Irish/Pagans/Furries/anything else that's perfectly legal" in your family". How completely inappropriate and disturbing.

Quote from: Friday on December 19, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT
QFT

The NRA sent out a spam recently that made this claim (I don't know if it's true or not):
In the "White House Personnel Data Questionnaire" he asked:

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide
           complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever
           lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has
           been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

This chilling notice to gun owners-that they are not welcome to serve in his Administration-shows the deep hostility for Americans' Second Amendment Freedoms that Obama and his Administration have in their hearts.
WTF?  Imagine if that said "Do you have any homosexuals/Irish/Pagans/Furries/anything else that's perfectly legal" in your family". How completely inappropriate and disturbing.
Very bizarre, but very true. Most presidents get 10,000 people applying for jobs to work in the new administration, Obama got over a million applicants. I suspect that few answered the question.