• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Write In "Poll" What is your favorite "Restaurant/Food" in New Hampshire?

Started by Peacemaker, December 09, 2008, 11:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

What is your favorite "Restaurant" (any Place you buy prepared food/eat in or out) in New Hampshire?  Also please mention your favorite food (s) from the respective place.

Peacemaker

I had a nice Steak at The Common Man Restaurant located in Merrimack.  I liked the floor plan too, similar to an old house, lots of small rooms spread out downstairs and then a big open bar upstairs.  I guess the word Memorable would be a better fit in this case as I've only eaten there once.

I understand the owner is Pro Liberty and I know he has a few Common Man Restaurants in the New England area.     

Peacemaker

In Keene, I would have say my favorite was the large Pizza Slices you can get at the "place" on the main drag there..can't remember the name, but you can't miss it (same side as RailRoad Square).  Good Pizza and cheap too.

Peacemaker

In Dover, it's Pizza again for me at the same location of the Dover Meet up (Seacoast)   La Festa Wood Fired Pizza.  Best Pizza I've had in NH so far (Large Pepp. slice for $2.40).

Peacemaker

In Manchester, it's Roast Beef for me at Giovanni's.  They also do some Beef Tip Salads with marinated Beef or Chicken that are pretty tasty too.  It's an over the counter (eat in/out) no tipping establishment.

One of their locations is off S. Willow next to Shaws.

Pat K

The Tilt'n Diner http://www.thecman.com/restaurants/tilton-diner/
is nice. I have liked every thing I have had there.

Their chicken fried steak with sausage gravy was really good.

The little Pizza place down the road from Gunstock has the
best tasting pizza I have had so far in NH.

Russell's grill makes fine hamburgers, formally in Keene.
But I believe it has located father north.

Jim's wood fired barbecue chicken in Winchester is very good,
you would be willing to fall off a ladder to get some!

Kat Kanning

The owner of the common man restaurants (including Tilton Diner) set up a program where he was training kids about the restaurant business.  The state came down on him about it, and he had to stop.  :-\

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 10, 2008, 01:06 AM NHFT
The owner of the common man restaurants (including Tilton Diner) set up a program where he was training kids about the restaurant business.  The state came down on him about it, and he had to stop.  :-\

Yeah well you next thing ya know those kids
would be thinking for themselves and we
can't have that now can we.  ::)

Pat K

Also the Curmudgeons Kitchen with outlets
in NH and CT make good omelets.

Fluff and Stuff

I like Murphy's Taproom in Manchester.  I really enjoy the location and the beer specials.  I often get chicken strips.  The burgers and fish n chips are also above average.

Dollar for dollar, I find the Wendy's in Seabrook is great.  The 10cent jr. frostys cannot be beat.

Pizza is great (considering the cost) at the Costco in Nashua.  I like the meat lovers pizza.

Rick's Ice Cream in Keene has good ice cream and the folks are real nice there.

All of the Dunkin Donuts are good because fresh donuts are amazing.

Toadstool

dairy queen FTW  lol
Good burga;s fresh!

I enjoy breakfast food also.  in nashua Poor Pieree's
Dracut mass for chinese CHINA MAXIUM! do it.

I will say tho food at home is best, no worries about the cook or prep, I dated a few waitress's the stories are rough

Hubbard

Wow... You all claim to live in NH and no one named Hart's Turkey Farm? They are in Manchester at the Clarion and in Meredith on Route 3. Best food, hands down.

doobie

Quote from: Hubbard on December 10, 2008, 03:20 AM NHFT
Wow... You all claim to live in NH and no one named Hart's Turkey Farm? They are in Manchester at the Clarion and in Meredith on Route 3. Best food, hands down.

I drive by them ~daily in Manchester.  I've never stopped there.  Now that I have a recommendation I might.  Anything in particular stand out?

Hubbard

Quote from: doobie on December 10, 2008, 01:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: Hubbard on December 10, 2008, 03:20 AM NHFT

I drive by them ~daily in Manchester.  I've never stopped there.  Now that I have a recommendation I might.  Anything in particular stand out?

I only get the Turkey. I'm a big guy, and I get the Jumbo turkey plate - I eat at Hart's then have lunch for a day or two. We actually had them cater our wedding they are that good.

And the owners are good folk.

Ron Helwig

I'm not too big on paying extra for food I can prepare myself, but Otis is a huge fan of Taco Bell. I usually get him a softshell taco, but have recently switched over to the Cheesy Double Beef Burrito, which is 10 cents cheaper and doesn't have any nasty vegetables.  :P