• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Write In "Poll" What is your favorite "Restaurant/Food" in New Hampshire?

Started by Peacemaker, December 09, 2008, 11:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Daien

Gustano's in Lebanon. I was told there was no good Mexican (food, not people!) in NH, so this was a great find!

MaineShark

Quote from: Friday on February 26, 2009, 09:33 PM NHFTI like Gauchos Churrascaria for all you can eat m-e-a-t.  :Bacon_by_danniep: It's in Manch-Vegas.
Quote from: toowm on February 27, 2009, 09:50 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on February 26, 2009, 09:35 PM NHFTWhoa, toowm, we were posting about KC's Rib Shack simultaneously.  Clearly, we are both Cylons.  8)
It's worse than that:
I almost posted Gaucho's as well, but find it pricey for a favorite - we've been there twice, both birthdays, in four years

FYI, during lunch (11:30 - 2:30, according to the website), they have the "burrito cart" (can't recall the actual name).  Very low-cost.  The super-burrito is about $6, including tax.  That's enough burrito for a meal for me, or like two folks with ordinary metabolisms.

Joe

nemoslaw

The common man in ashland you can play checkers and eat es cargo, which are raised fresh right there in ashland.

Patrick's pub if you like bit O the Irish, owned by former chefs of the business, meaning they bought it off the Irish guy Walter Kellaher who originally started it, real home grown small business shit.

The owners of Christmas Island use to be involved in a cocaine ring, Laconia's got the hells angels and a huge drug market, though I liked working for them, but if you're interested on who's business you support FYI

Hart's Turkey Farm is owned by Jehovah Witnesses and the Naswa originally got their money from suing the pants off Grace Matallias who exposed a family member who was a lawyer in the classic novel Peyton place.

For a real treat go to Boston Bombay India, that place is the shiznit! All your food and sauces come out on bronze plates and sauces in bronze bowls....Hands DOWN the best place I have ever eat'n, sec to Spain and New Orleans.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: nemoslaw on March 17, 2009, 09:19 PM NHFT
The common man in ashland you can play checkers and eat es cargo, which are raised fresh right there in ashland.

Patrick's pub if you like bit O the Irish, owned by former chefs of the business, meaning they bought it off the Irish guy Walter Kellaher who originally started it, real home grown small business shit.

The owners of Christmas Island use to be involved in a cocaine ring, Laconia's got the hells angels and a huge drug market, though I liked working for them, but if you're interested on who's business you support FYI

Hart's Turkey Farm is owned by Jehovah Witnesses and the Naswa originally got their money from suing the pants off Grace Matallias who exposed a family member who was a lawyer in the classic novel Peyton place.

For a real treat go to Boston Bombay India, that place is the shiznit! All your food and sauces come out on bronze plates and sauces in bronze bowls....Hands DOWN the best place I have ever eat'n, sec to Spain and New Orleans.

Yup, the Common Man is good.  I'll have to check out some of the other places sometime, they sound neat!  :D

shyfrog

Recent outings:

4 out of 5 stars
Pearl Restaurant and Oyster Bar
Ambiance?: City Style
Menu?: Everchanging
Description?: Voted "Editor's Pick" Yankee Magazine & Best of NH by NH Magazine. Contemporary Atmosphere specializing in refined Southeast Asian Cuisine. And of course, Oysters!
Average Price?: $8-15

4 out of 5 stars (adding a brunch menu would up this to 4 1/2)
Firefly American Bistro & Bar
Cuisine Type: American / Bistro
Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm

Friday

I had a lobster roll at Markey's Lobster Pool in Seabrook a few weeks ago and can't stop thinking about it.   :wicked:

AntonLee

Markey's is just to the right of this picture about 200ft away.  I love the view from there.  Not so much at Brown's across the street but they boast good food as well.

Friday

Quote from: AntonLee on March 19, 2009, 07:35 PM NHFT

Markey's is just to the right of this picture about 200ft away.  I love the view from there.  Not so much at Brown's across the street but they boast good food as well.
Wow, did you take that photo?? That's incredible.

AntonLee

yuppers I'm proud of it but it was all the sky, so damn beautiful

Mike Barskey

Yeah, that's an incredible pic. Nature gave you the sky and put you in the right place at the right time, but you saw it, thought to capture it, framed and composed it, and maybe even post-processed it. Nice job.

nemoslaw

Oh and for the best redneck hole in the wall chinease restaraunt like off the boat, biker friendly with a beautiful view of Alton bay
JP CHINA Alton bay
you can still smoke here non smoking prolifers need not come ^-^, ummm it's really redneck but I love the charm, sometimes I'd run into a nerdy book store owner and we would talk about antiquated books and history, other times there might be some testosterone driven tension, but at least it was real passionate and full of real human life not what those corporate chains offer more canned philosophy with phony canned jazz piped into the speakers corporate crap ya know.
Alton bay is NHs best kept secret, you can hike mountmajor, swim in the lake, take a ride motor bike or foot powered bike, speed boat or paddle boat and it's the home of Boston Bruins Steven Leech and Bobby Carpenter. Okay thats my plug spent many a wonderful night there, great for the summer.

firecracker joe

sounds like nemoslaw is a native  maybe youll run into the ring leader from christmas (cocaine) island im sure hed love to hear what your saying on the forum his name is tony and if you hang out at the chinese restaurant in alton you know him his name is tony.

Tamarak in the summer makes the best lobter rolls bar none

patricks is great if you wanna hang out with cops  and yaucht yuppies

soda shop in laconia has a great inexpensive lunch  corn chowder is great

the corner house in sandwich is real good too

bobbys girl diner and the diner in rumney are both great diner food

alex ray who is the owner of tilton diner and all the common mans also has his hands in most of the restaurants in meredith such as the lakehouse , lago, and more so does john cook
in my opinion ive eaten at tilton diner alot never had one bad breakfast or one good lunch i will never eat lunch or dinner there again. but the common man is a nice comfortable place to relax dine and have a great dinner. playing games upstairs with cocktails and crackers and cheese has always been a favorite after skiing up north.

I have known the Harts  all my life and and worked there a few times as far as i know they are not affiliated with any religeous organization  but their turkey nuggets are the best and harts makes all their own stuff right down to their carrot relish

nemoslaw

I worked for Tony, he was a good employer and definitely has character, I don't think that he would care what I said, everyone knows anyway and it has never deterred business probably increased it if anything. Patrick's has other attractions besides cops but it is Irish kinda goes with the territory.
    I am an ex local, after shoveling out thousands of dollars for propane heating I jumped ship. I will always miss NH the local flavor etc. certainly harbors the real salt of the earth.
  As for gastronomy there is a wonderful seafood stand in Alton right near JP China great fried clams in the summer, and there is a Japanese restaurant in concord by Boarders thats good as well. There are more eateries worthy of mention. I had time to explore these places, being in NH forever allows you to find all the hidden nuances of local flavor. Post more later.

firecracker joe

my family owns christmas island and i worked there from 93-2001 running the back kitchen i still stop in to give free stater stuff to hang up in the bar the rumors are very exaggerated i know for a fact ya tony likes to party but is nothing but a cashual user he is also a good friend of mine and it would bother him   however you are a good critic of the area restaurants and i agree with most of your posts . Joe

Tim L

I'm a 47 year old native from Concord.All my life I have heard about Harts Turkey farm in Meredith,so the wife and my daughter and I tried it last summer.We thought it was awful!The turkey seemed to have come out of a can and the veggies were no better.We left before finishing.The waitress was very nice so we tipped well but we won't go back.