• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Write In "Poll" What is your favorite "Restaurant/Food" in New Hampshire?

Started by Peacemaker, December 09, 2008, 11:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SethCohn

Quote from: Tim L on March 28, 2009, 06:41 PM NHFT
I'm a 47 year old native from Concord.All my life I have heard about Harts Turkey farm in Meredith,so the wife and my daughter and I tried it last summer.We thought it was awful!The turkey seemed to have come out of a can and the veggies were no better.We left before finishing.The waitress was very nice so we tipped well but we won't go back.

Sounds like a bad turkey... did you complain to the management?  I've had the best turkey there more than once... they cook a great and tender turkey IMHO.  I still have to try the one in Manchester, but I have no reason to expect anything other than a good meal.

firecracker joe

thats too bad about your harts experience nothing worse than going out expecting a good meal and having it suck. now i havent worked at harts in 20 years but when i worked there i can say honestly everthing was made fresh daily things change but i still eat there take out once a month and its always consistent but i always get the same thing turkey nuggets. I suggest going back explaining about your previous experience and i bet they take good care of you they dont serve 2,000 meals a day in the summer for no reason. we used to strip 36 turkeys every day in the summer and that was in the 1980's. The restaurant is now run by all the grand kids but i still see the main hart family when i go in.

tomhawk

i think this is a good idea for a post.  im looking to move up there soon.  but of course im going to rent a truck first and drive around there.  and these little places are good things to know.  thanks for the info.  again. 

Kat Kanning

New Hampshire Magazine has a reader's poll on best food, etc in NH each year.  This year's poll should be published next month.

shyfrog

4.5 out of 5 stars

Cotton
http://www.cottonfood.com/

Dining Style: Casual Elegant
Cuisine: Contemporary American, Comfort Food
Price: $30 and under
Weird Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm

dalebert

I wasn't sure what to put for this, and it feels premature right now because I've only eaten there a couple of times, but I'm beginning to think that Pedraza's in Keene's Central Square will become my favorite restaurant.

beretta92d

I've been to the Airport diner once..and loved it.had the buffalo burger,sweet potato fries,onion rings  :D
love the interior,fun to stand or sit in the bathroom and read all the writing on the walls..
must say the waitress we had was very cheerful.i like what they do with the white hats.putting their names on them and leaving them at the table is a good idea at helping customers remember their waitresses names..

Raineyrocks

I don't think I mentioned this one in my first post on this subject.

It's in Campton or Thornton and it's named The Sugar Shack.   It's only opened on the weekend I think, and they serve the food on sturdy paper plates with plastic spoons/forks/knives, it is so good!    They have tons on their menu and plus you get tons of food for your order.

It's just a breakfast place.  Rick found it one time when he stayed at a motel, (we had a fight and needed a night away from each other), so he ate there the next morning.  :)

Giggan

Concord: Sal's Pizza, get extra cheese.

Tio Juan's Margarita's used to be good, but they lobbied for the smoking ban, so they're dead to me.

Pizzaria Uno's, go during the snack hour thing, $3 dishes.

Applebees, during half off appetizer's hours only. Boneless buffalo wings.

And I personally think the Barley House downtown is way overrated, BUT the Dublin Burger there is no doubt a tasty burger. If you like burgers, give em a try some time.

And I'm an Olive Garden enthusiast, but I imagine they're good everywhere.

Peacemaker

Quote from: dalebert on April 06, 2009, 07:36 PM NHFT
I wasn't sure what to put for this, and it feels premature right now because I've only eaten there a couple of times, but I'm beginning to think that Pedraza's in Keene's Central Square will become my favorite restaurant.

Hey Dale, can you tell me, Is Pedraza's Italian food and where is it located? :) (is it the restaurant that you have to enter via a long hallway, then upon entry, it opens up to a street view, not far from the library?)

dalebert

Mexican place next to Vendetta. You can't miss it. It's bright yellow.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 07, 2009, 02:40 PM NHFT

It's in Campton or Thornton and it's named The Sugar Shack.   It's only opened on the weekend I think, and they serve the food on sturdy paper plates with plastic spoons/forks/knives, it is so good!    They have tons on their menu and plus you get tons of food for your order.

It's just a breakfast place.  Rick found it one time when he stayed at a motel, (we had a fight and needed a night away from each other), so he ate there the next morning.  :)
Any place that calls itself breakfast only or 'Breakfast all day' is OK by me!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 08, 2009, 08:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on April 07, 2009, 02:40 PM NHFT

Any place that calls itself breakfast only or 'Breakfast all day' is OK by me!

Yeah, I like breakfast all day too!  This place is only open until 2 pm though. 

Remember Howard Johnsons?  Are they still open?    My girlfriend and I ate there early after going to a bar and these creepy guys kept bugging us, we turned down their offer to buy our breakfast and sit with us.  So we came out of Howies and her tires were slashed, creeps!  >:(

Lloyd Danforth

nemoslaw

"The Pickety place" is an excellent dining experience for a mothers day treat, however has a pre selected menu and requires reservations, but good for a special day!

sidenote;) I don't understand why all these corporate places are being mentioned (KFC, applebees), you can get that in any state outside of NH, but I guess we all have to be employed some how.

"The Italian Farmhouse" takes you to the old country. I had the Duck, first time eating duck wasn't bad. Italian is piped through the bathrooms, so you can do your business and learn to speak Italiano at the same time. They also have a delectable bread bar with fresh olive oil for dipping, to please the senses with combinations of rosemary! I have to go now I'm hungry.