• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Write In "Poll" What is your favorite "Restaurant/Food" in New Hampshire?

Started by Peacemaker, December 09, 2008, 11:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Porcupine_in_MA

The Red Arrow Diner in Manchester. One of my favorite places to eat in NH. 24 hours everything on the menu available. Wonderful pies.

nemoslaw

I second the motion for The "Red Arrow" diner in Manch, I love the coffee, the kitchen and wait staff are friendly make ya feel right at home. The restroom is in the kitchen, so you can talk to the cooks while yur waiting;} Oh and they have the best coconut cream pie!

Another fun place in Manch where you can get a great artichoke dip and watch a blues jam is "Strange Brew", lots of good bikers hang there, so I guess you could say hogs are welcome. I ride so I am partial.

MaineShark

Ate at The Fish Shanty (in downtown Dover) last night.

Too expensive for everyday dining, but the quality and service were great, so they're substantially less than they could get away with, making it a good value.

I had a tuna fillet sandwich, and had them cook it rare.  If they can do rare fish and have it taste good, then they are obviously using high quality (sushi-grade) fish.  We were out with the kids and both sets of grandparents.  The owner personally came out to help distract the kids while we were all getting settled, and supplied real crayons (not the junk pseudo-crayons that big chains give away) for them to play with.

Bathrooms were clean, even.  I was impressed, and it's rare that a restaurant impresses me by anything other than low prices.

Joe

Riddler

Quote from: Porcupine The Prickly Polytheist on April 17, 2009, 05:56 PM NHFT
The Red Arrow Diner in Manchester. One of my favorite places to eat in NH. 24 hours everything on the menu available. Wonderful pies.

red arrow voted one of the top 10 diners in america, on that ''diners , drive-ins & dives'' show on the food channel
guy fieri - host

mikata steakhouse in merrimack...
japanese chefs cook tableside, ala benni hanna, on huge stainless steel cooktops. shogun in manch. = same deal
very fresh
impressive knife play.
kids love the ''onion volcano''

Kenwilson

Michael Timothy's
Surf
Buckley's great steaks.

Buckley's steaks have the best steaks I've EVER had, and I've had steak all over the world.

Russell Kanning