• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Industrial Hemp Demonstration

Started by Organjic, December 09, 2008, 11:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Organjic

How about a protest/event about harvesting weed/industrial hemp in NH. How it could save the world. Fuel, food, plastic, textiles, and its all renewable! 400% more effecient than ethanol from corn. Imagine if we build robots, such as wind turbines, solar panels and other harvested natural resources, everywhere just so we can have electricity??? Remember tampering with oil can effect the earth, but tapping into any natural resource can also be dangerous. How far would the future take it? Are we going to harvest the wind until we block it completely? Are we going to use plants for fuel instead of food? Are we going to cover the sky in solar panels? Are we going to generate electricity to power robots?(cell phone technology advanced to body heat powered) Talk about the controversy surrounding Nano technology. Robots in our bodies!!!

add your ideas

error

An industrial hemp protest might be good.

Solar power is getting more and more efficient; these days I can carry a solar panel in my backpack that rolls up and will charge practically anything I carry with me. Covering the sky is hardly necessary now, and won't be when the price has dropped sufficiently that a significant percentage of people will have their homes on solar power for at least part of the year.

Kat Kanning

If you set it up, people will join you.

It sounds like a good topic for a booth at something like Freedom Fest, or an alt-expo discussion (though I guess you'd be preaching to the choir there).

(Why Endless Debate and Whining?)

Organjic

Kat Kanning

Shall we debate whether it should be moved or not?  :P

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

Nah! With this title, it will disapear anyway

Kat Kanning

poor guy, we've nitpicked him to death.

dalebert

If innovation isn't stifled, we should be not only finding newer better ways to make power, but our devices should be operating with less and less of it as they become more efficient.

Lloyd Danforth

A lot of the claims about Industrial Hemp are exaggerated.  If they were true, countries that don't have the anti-pot tyranny would be growing the miracle fiber.
The pro Industrial Hemp movement might get more traction if it got real.

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

Organjic

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 10, 2008, 07:35 AM NHFT
A lot of the claims about Industrial Hemp are exaggerated.  If they were true, countries that don't have the anti-pot tyranny would be growing the miracle fiber.
The pro Industrial Hemp movement might get more traction if it got real.
Fuel, textiles, and food from hemp are not exaggerated...  where did you hear this?

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteAre we going to cover the sky in solar panels? Are we going to generate electricity to power robots?(cell phone technology advanced to body heat powered) Talk about the controversy surrounding Nano technology. Robots in our bodies!!!

It's okay, I don't think most of that will happen.

Once the robots get smart enough, they'll begin harvesting us for our bioelectrical energy and the point will be moot.

Kat Kanning