• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Raw Food Preparation Party!

Started by Daien, December 10, 2008, 09:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Daien

We have a really scary basement for you people.  >:D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Libertine on December 10, 2008, 09:00 PM NHFT
We have a really scary basement for you people.  >:D

;D  I hope it has hungry animals in it!  :o

This sounds awesome or should I say rawsome!  That was so lame!  :P   

I've got tons of raw books and Alissa Cohen's dvd too. If I come do you want me to bring any?   I was into raw foods before our car accident and loved it, it really heightens your senses and helps you lose weight if you need too!
Count me in if it's somewhere I can drive to without getting lost and if it's daytime hours!  ;D

Pat K

Ha, scary basement. What is it full
of Brussel sprouts?

Friday

I'm the only one here who eats roadkill? WTF?!  Waste not want not!! 

Pat K

Quote from: Friday on December 10, 2008, 10:25 PM NHFT

Then you need some of this.

David

Quote from: Pat K on December 10, 2008, 10:13 PM NHFT
Ha, scary basement. What is it full
of Brussel sprouts?
Brocolli, big moving ones, with legs, and arms.

J’raxis 270145

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on December 10, 2008, 10:25 PM NHFT

Damn girl... you ready for the backwoods life.

We would have saved the fox for ya if'n we had known. ;D

Kat Kanning

Fear not, PatK, there is a raw food bacon:

Bacon, Why Not

1 large eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
3/4 c. oil
1 tsp. cayenne
2 Tbl. honey
4 Tbl. Ume Plum Vinegar

Marinate for 2 hours. Place on teflex sheets and dehydrate for 9 hours. Turn bacon over and dehydrate another 9 hours.

But here is a slightly different version as posted by SchoolofRAWK and the one I just made yesterday...SOOO good! I had started adding a little liquid smoke before and using the above recipe, but this time I did pretty much the one below with a few minor modifications as I noted:

Bacon
1 large eggplant peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise. (wide veggie-peelers work)
Marinate in a mixture of:
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (rawkinlocs note: you can sub with agave if you want)
3 Tablespoons Ume Plum vinegar (rawkinlocs note: I was out of this, so I used nama shoyu instead)
2 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon liquid smoke (rawkinlocs note: I didn't use this amount...only one small capful and it was quite enough...I've learned in the past that too much of this makes it bitter once dehydrated...at least in MY experience)
Marinade for 2 or more hours. . . I like 6 or so. Spread them out on the teflex and dehydrate for 8 hours and then turn the "bacon" and dry another 8 hours.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 11, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT
Fear not, PatK, there is a raw food bacon:

Bacon, Why Not

1 large eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
3/4 c. oil
1 tsp. cayenne
2 Tbl. honey
4 Tbl. Ume Plum Vinegar

Marinate for 2 hours. Place on teflex sheets and dehydrate for 9 hours. Turn bacon over and dehydrate another 9 hours.

But here is a slightly different version as posted by SchoolofRAWK and the one I just made yesterday...SOOO good! I had started adding a little liquid smoke before and using the above recipe, but this time I did pretty much the one below with a few minor modifications as I noted:

Bacon
1 large eggplant peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise. (wide veggie-peelers work)
Marinate in a mixture of:
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (rawkinlocs note: you can sub with agave if you want)
3 Tablespoons Ume Plum vinegar (rawkinlocs note: I was out of this, so I used nama shoyu instead)
2 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon liquid smoke (rawkinlocs note: I didn't use this amount...only one small capful and it was quite enough...I've learned in the past that too much of this makes it bitter once dehydrated...at least in MY experience)
Marinade for 2 or more hours. . . I like 6 or so. Spread them out on the teflex and dehydrate for 8 hours and then turn the "bacon" and dry another 8 hours.

Um, maybe I won't be able to make it that day, that sounds really gross.  8)   After reading those ingredients, I'm a vegetarian and even I want some real damn bacon!  ;D

Kat Kanning

We weren't exactly trying to twist anyone's arms on this.  Several people had asked about it, so we decided to have this party.  Will probably become a regular thing :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 11, 2008, 10:43 AM NHFT
We weren't exactly trying to twist anyone's arms on this.  Several people had asked about it, so we decided to have this party.  Will probably become a regular thing :)

I don't know I got this feeling you really, really, wanted me there, my arms been twisted since I read this!  ;D

It sounds like a great idea except for that "bacon" recipe.  :P   Where will you be having it?  If you want me to come that is. :)

Hey Kat,

Do I need someone to invite me to the Burning Porcupine thing?   If so, can you?

Kat Kanning

You're invited.  And your who family too.

Tom Sawyer