• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tim Roberson proves he's evil, once again

Started by Kat Kanning, August 23, 2005, 03:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on December 24, 2005, 05:04 AM NHFT
Wow, I gotta hear this story? :o

Believe me, after the holidays, those training sessions with Tony are going to be on the top of my list.........

Kat Kanning

jgmaynard

Quote from: katdillon on December 23, 2005, 05:49 PM NHFT
In NH you will have no need to carry a gun.

Bass ackwards! We don't NEED to carry guns BECAUSE we can! Let's see..... Maine, NH and VT all allow people to have guns and have low crime rates. Mass doesn't let people carry guns and they have a huge crime rate...... Hhhmmmmm......

JM

mvpel

Yes, but of course Rep. Robertson has never felt the need or desire to carry a defensive firearm, so naturally nobody else should either.

Kat Kanning

The house across the street from me was burgularized, but I don't need a gun.   :P

MaineShark

Quote from: katdillon on August 23, 2005, 03:55 PM NHFTIt?s where, if we got one more inmate a year to shape up, we?d save $30,000 the second year, $60,000 the third, $90,000 the fourth ... up to say the 20th year, we?d be saving possibly $480,000 a year. I can?t prove this; but I believe it.

Actually, the fewer inmates, the higher the cost per-inmate.? Now, it would reduce overall costs (eg, less food would be needed), but overhead would remain the same.? If you have half the inmates, you won't have half the heating bill.? Heck, there would be less btu's from body heat, so the heat bill would actually go up!? How about electricity?? Half the inmates means you shut off half the lights?? Yeah, that would go over well...

Man, I'm glad we have a wonderful public-education system to make sure that people are too smart to think of things like that. ::)

Quote from: CNHT on December 23, 2005, 06:51 PM NHFTI just this week had good reason to carry.......lemme tell you about it sometime!

Sometime...

Joe

quartzes

Be it jails or schools, Tim always, always misses the point. 

Happy Dude

Quote from: quartzes on February 18, 2006, 03:37 PM NHFT
Be it jails or schools, Tim always, always misses the point. 

I thought he has missed the point on everything. No matter what it is.

Russell Kanning

Now I hear that Tim R. liked our first issue of the Keene Free Press. That is kinda funny.

Happy Dude

Quote from: russellkanning on March 14, 2006, 07:07 AM NHFT
Now I hear that Tim R. liked our first issue of the Keene Free Press. That is kinda funny.

I wonder what he thinks of the latist issue with the .(Keene's Taj-Mahal) LOL ;D

Kat Kanning

I would guess he liked the anti-war and drug articles.

Kat Kanning

This was on yahoo front page news:

New Hampshire Debates Welcome-Sign Slogan

By ANNE SAUNDERS, Associated Press Writer Thu Apr 6, 6:13 PM ET

CONCORD, N.H. - New Hampshire seems to be suffering from a bit of an identity crisis. First, the Old Man of the Mountain ? the stern, granite profile that graces license plates and quarters ? fell off its cliff, crumbling to bits. Then, in an effort to bring some consistency to a jumble of highway welcome signs, the state moved to install new ones reading, "You're going to love it here."
ADVERTISEMENT

But lots of people ? including the governor ? hate them.

A proposal to replace "love it" with the state's official motto, "Live Free or Die," which has been on New Hampshire's license plates for decades, has widespread support in the Legislature. But some people would rather see something a little less, well, belligerent.

"I think that's an in-your-face motto. It's misinterpreted. It's out of context. That's not who we are," said state Rep. Tim Robertson, a Democrat.

Robertson is among many who prefer an older version of the highway sign that advertised "Scenic New Hampshire."

The "You're going to love it here" slogan was developed by a Portsmouth ad agency a couple of years ago for the state's tourism division and is widely used on its promotional materials. Communications manager Victoria Cimino said no one complained until the phrase popped up on the highway signs.

Highway welcome signs vary around the state. Some say, "Welcome to the Granite State." Others offer a welcome in French and English. One older sign on Interstate 89 has "Live Free or Die."

"Live free or die" is said to have been uttered during an 1809 toast by New Hampshire's most distinguished Revolutionary War hero, Gen. John Stark. Many like the bite and the history behind the phrase. After all, this is a state that has a "Right of revolution" still written into its constitution.

If the House passes the bill requiring "Live Free or Die" to appear on all state highway welcome signs, Gov. John Lynch will sign it.

"It's a part of who we are and part of our history, heritage and culture and I think that is what people should see as they come across our borders," he said.

In keeping with another Yankee attribute ? frugality ? the governor has proposed covering the state's six "love it" signs with a sheet metal panel featuring the state motto, rather than pay for new signs. The state's 37 other welcome signs would be replaced as they age with ones featuring "Live Free or Die."

___

On the Net:

http://www.nh.gov

jgmaynard

"That's not who we are"?????? Robertson is SUCH a numbnutz!

Speak for yourself, paleface.....

JM