• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Electronic Technician job leads?

Started by djbridgeland, November 30, 2008, 09:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

djbridgeland

Any Electronic Technician job leads?  Moved to Manchester recently, and seeking leads that might be unadvertised and/or have gone unfilled.  Willing to travel up to 50 miles and into Taxachusetts. Also willing to do bottom of the barrel type work and/or odd jobs in the area.   Can anyone recommend any good technical temp agencies in the area maybe? I know things are kind of slow this time of year, but if I can find something now that is a start.   

BaRbArIaN

I'm in the same boat.  Try National Engineering Service Corp., MacIntosh Staffing, and various ones listed on the newspaper classifieds websites etc.

Pat McCotter

Can you do automation install/repair/programming? I mean for such things as PLC, DCS, etc, used to run power plants and industrial processes.

Do you have ny mechanical abilities/experience? If so you should be able to fold the electronic experience into a power plant/industrial job where the company is mainly mechanical but needs someone with  automation skills. Also, a utility company like PSNH may not require automation workers to do the mechanical work a smaller company would.

Don't hold yourself in too narrow a market.

41mag

Good luck.  I've been looking in the same field for a bit now, and havn't been finding a whole lot of leads.