• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Polstice Celebration!

Started by Daien, December 17, 2008, 09:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 24, 2008, 09:42 AM NHFT
We know what suit you want to see me in
Well, it is a birthday celebration . . .

Russell Kanning

Merry Christmas
Animal Farm residents

Daien

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 25, 2008, 05:15 AM NHFT
Merry Christmas
Animal Farm residents

It's a beautiful day here, just about 40 degrees. The driveway is cleared, and the sun is shining. Rosie and Maya are finally getting along, and you're all so missed. Happy Holidays Russell, Kat and Kira!

Tom Sawyer

The Shire is a beautiful place in the winter, especially once you settle into the rhythm of things.

Living on the mountain has taught us to follow the natural cycles... weather etc.
We left the "clock" behind, and are much happier for it.

Enjoy your winter experience Smurfette. :)

Daien

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 25, 2008, 12:20 PM NHFT
The Shire is a beautiful place in the winter, especially once you settle into the rhythm of things.

Living on the mountain has taught us to follow the natural cycles... weather etc.
We left the "clock" behind, and are much happier for it.

Enjoy your winter experience Smurfette. :)

Ummmm, thanks for these wise and beautiful words, Tom Sawyer. I truly am enjoying all that's here, and learning new rhythms indeed.
Thinking of all of you up on the mountain, and wishing you warm and cozy days and nights.

In addition, thanks to Amy and William and the M&M Boys for a really wonderful Polstice evening and spilled-over-to-the-next day. Our burning ceremony was touching and meaningful, and everything else was most excellent fun. It was especially enjoyable watching through the window, from inside the warm house, while Mike and William build the Snofa out in the freezing cold!  ;D You folks rock!

Tom Sawyer

Thinking of a tropical flower thrown into the snow. Hawaii to the Shire is quite the contrast, but contrast is exciting. We really enjoyed the differences of living in the northern woods, alot of our family and friends still see the differences as negative. They talk about snow like it is awful, nothing more peaceful than being snowed in making cookies and being toasty warm and secure in out humble hideaway.

Cool to hear of ya'lls celebration wish we had been able to be part of it.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 26, 2008, 01:50 PM NHFT
...nothing more peaceful than being snowed in making cookies and being toasty warm and secure in out humble hideaway.

I hear that!

Me, too. Next time. :)

Pat K

Bah your all nuts !
Snow sucks and Frosty's a fed.

Moebius Tripp

Quote from: Pat K on December 26, 2008, 07:28 PM NHFT
Bah your all nuts !

Yep. His nose is multi-directional microphone and his eyes are cameras with FLIR capability.

Pat K

Quote from: Moebius Tripp on December 26, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT
Bah your all nuts !

Yep. His nose is multi-directional microphone and his eyes are cameras with FLIR capability.

Ah Ha! I knew it!

Daien

Bah your all nuts !

C'mon Pat, you know you wish you'd been here! ;D
(we do, too)

Pat K

Quote from: Libertine 'Little Bunny Foo Foo' on December 26, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT
Bah your all nuts !

C'mon Pat, you know you wish you'd been here! ;D
(we do, too)

Well yes. But snow still sucks.

Daien

Thinking of a tropical flower thrown into the snow. Hawaii to the Shire is quite the contrast, but contrast is exciting. We really enjoyed the differences of living in the northern woods, alot of our family and friends still see the differences as negative. They talk about snow like it is awful, nothing more peaceful than being snowed in making cookies and being toasty warm and secure in out humble hideaway.

Ah, a poet, too, to add to your list of wondrous attributes! I truly agree with you that the snow and the balmy sea are but two different aspects of one magical world. I'm so loving the differences that I've never lived with before, and am so appreciative to have such warm and toasty friends! You were all really missed; hope you can make it out here soon!

Kat Kanning

Looks like someone else has been Barskey'd.  :o

Daien

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 26, 2008, 08:48 PM NHFT
Looks like someone else has been Barskey'd.  :o

Yep, no one is safe!! You've created a monster!!!!  ;D

(BUT, in his defense, he's hung your curtains in the living room, put up the new mailbox, ran cold water to the upstairs tub, and posed naked in front of the house :o)