• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Addison to Death!

Started by Hubbard, December 18, 2008, 04:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: www on December 18, 2008, 04:57 PM NHFT
Everyone is going to die. 100 to 1 odds that he will not be executed by the state of New Hampshire, though. Too racist a verdict, and the appeals could take decades, not years. There is very little support for the death penalty in NH. Unless you are black.

I didn't realize NH had so many people who are against blacks.  The guy likely shot a cop in the head without a good reason.  He has a history of violent crime.  I doubt the verdict would have been any different if the guy was not black.

Hubbard

NH isn't against blacks. www seems to be one of those types where everything is racist.

Quote from: Hubbard on December 20, 2008, 11:12 PM NHFT
NH isn't against blacks. www seems to be one of those types where everything is racist.
Not everything. Just me.

Pat McCotter

Reminds me of what my dad used to say. "I'm not a bigot. I hate everybody." ;D

Lloyd Danforth

dalebert

It doesn't strike me as racism nearly as much as it is copism... or... whatever you call that.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: AntonLee on December 19, 2008, 08:47 AM NHFT
I read a good comment on the article. . . it said something like:

"all men created equal. . .unless you're a cop in that case if you get murdered you're special and your murderer gets death"

fine, put him to death, but put to death any cop that kills someone on a drug raid as well.

:clap:

Free libertarian

Quote from: dalebert on December 21, 2008, 08:16 AM NHFT
It doesn't strike me as racism nearly as much as it is copism... or... whatever you call that.

I agree there is a definite "copism" to the punishment.  No doubt Addison gets the "extra special treatment"
for being a cop killer.  Aren't judges "extra special" too?  Anybody know if there are other authority figures that are more important than ordinary people?  

While I can see no evidence of racism in this case (I haven't looked real hard though), it's still possible. At the risk of sounding like Meathead from all in the Family, it's not an outrageous statement that if he'd have been white he may not have gotten the death penalty.  At least our national stats would probably back that up. Granted, in N.H. there are few incidences of overt racism in these types of cases. This may be because until recently N.H. was lilly white and compared to the rest of the country it still is, so there aren't any similar cases here that I know of to compare it to.      

So how does the state execute somebody these days?  Electric chair? I wonder if they will have Osha or the state electrical inspector do a codes inspection to make sure old sparky is still operable.  If they hang him will the DEA make an exception and allow a hemp rope to be used?  

Firing squad? I think Utah executed somebody (Gary Gilmore?) that way several years ago. When they use that method nobody has to take the blame for being the executioner, because you never know whose bullet actually killed the condemned. You can then claim you were "just doing your job".  

I'm not trying to make fun of any Christians but if GOD says thou shalt not kill and the state (or your boss) says you will enact the execution, how does that work out? Obey the state, get your pension, but go to hell later?  Unless I had a really, really good retirement package I'd have to have a guarantee from god that I hadn't burned any bridges on getting into heaven. It would be interesting to ask the executioners if they believe in god, and if he has given them "an extra special exception" to participate in a legal killing/execution so they can get their government pension and still get a front row seat in heaven.  Gotta think long term y'know.    ::)      

Friday

Quote from: jaqeboy on December 20, 2008, 04:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: Hubbard on December 20, 2008, 04:01 PM NHFT

Addison was a thug. It wasn't his upbringing. I was raised in the same situation. Hang the son of a bitch.

Will you join in the move to make the execution public? I've got a lawyer waiting for the right plaintiffs who want to see that!
You certainly seem excited about the possibility of making this execution a public event, Jack; you've posted about it 3 or 4 times in this thread.  Would you mind explaining why you find this so exciting, and are spending time working to make it happen?

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Free libertarian on December 21, 2008, 09:19 AM NHFT
So how does the state execute somebody these days?  Electric chair? I wonder if they will have Osha or the state electrical inspector do a codes inspection to make sure old sparky is still operable.  If they hang him will the DEA make an exception and allow a hemp rope to be used?  

NH is lethal Injection. If that is "impractical", then hanging.

I'm not trying to make fun of any Christians but if GOD says thou shalt not kill and the state (or your boss) says you will enact the execution, how does that work out? Obey the state, get your pension, but go to hell later?  

Back in '04 folks were up in arms when KY Governor Ernie Fletcher, a physician, signed a death warrant for a guy sentenced to death.

Kentucky Governor's Execution Order Draws Fire
QuoteNow, a group of doctors has asked the state medical board to investigate whether Fletcher violated the rules of the Kentucky Medical Association (search), which licensed Fletcher. The state guidelines are in sync with guidelines from the American Medical Association (search), which say that physicians shouldn't participate in executions. The AMA defines an execution as anything that assists or contributes to the death of a condemned prisoner.

"That is a direct violation of Kentucky law as well as the AMA ethics code and Kentucky medical Association ethics code," said Dr. Steven Lippman at the University of Louisville.

Hubbard

I know a guy that got out recently and was locked up in the same area as Mr. Stix there... He isn't bothered, he is respected for what he did. I say hang him. I say hang him and build a wall at the Mass border.

jaqeboy

Quote from: dalebert on December 21, 2008, 08:16 AM NHFT

This is a good question which I'm sure DOJ has to now ponder, and it (the method) could be a subject of litigation. Suggest calling Kelly Ayotte (AG) and asking what they plan to do. Remember, this is the state where you can actually get someone on the phone and get some answers. Call John Lynch (governor) first and ask his office: 271-2121. If they don't have the answer, they'll refer you to the right office that'll have the best answer as of then.

Hubbard

I hear that when the time comes if we do not have a lethal injection chamber - we ship him to the Feds at Gary, Indiana.

AntonLee

Quote from: Hubbard on December 21, 2008, 10:36 AM NHFT
I know a guy that got out recently and was locked up in the same area as Mr. Stix there... He isn't bothered, he is respected for what he did. I say hang him. I say hang him and build a wall at the Mass border.

I say build a wall and I'll sell tickets for my tunnel underneath it.

Hubbard

Right through my mine field...