• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Quad on public streets?

Started by rmodel65, December 19, 2008, 04:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

failing to stop doesn't hurt anyone.  Cops chasing people does.

John Edward Mercier

The 'victimless' crime argument doesn't tend to work in court.
Its much easier just to request that the Board of Selectmen open the road to usage.

There is no specific statute that states a road can not be used, just that the owner/or agent must permit such usage.

Free libertarian

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 22, 2008, 07:29 PM NHFT
Its much easier just to request that the Board of Selectmen open the road to usage.

There is no specific statute that states a road can not be used, just that the owner/or agent must permit such usage.

So are you saying the State cannot prevent a town from opening up certain roads to use by ATV's?   

AntonLee

I wasn't arguing with you John merely pointing out that the cops and selectmen, as usual, are stupid douchebags infringing on your freedom on a daily basis.

EthanLeeVita

I'm sure we could make that by the second basis. Enough cops the world-over probably...

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Free libertarian on December 22, 2008, 08:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 22, 2008, 07:29 PM NHFT

So are you saying the State cannot prevent a town from opening up certain roads to use by ATV's?   
The State Legislature empowered the municipalities with this power on town/city roads.

'IX. Pursuant to RSA 215-A:15, city or town councils and boards of selectmen may authorize the use of sidewalks and class IV, class V or class VI highways and bridges, or portions thereof, for use by OHRVs.

Toadstool

no 4 wheel car truck or tank would have caught the sled I was with. NONE.

It does like 80 90? I see it for 20 feet?  then the rooster tail made a magic trick! and it was GONE!
So odd.

all the snow in the air was helpful.
I see a gang of subbies in a parking lot ralley racing, they made a nice lil track, I hopped in and joined them hahahaha I had a rwd car... was fun

AntonLee

I always wondered why cops chase cars. . . I mean in an age of helicopters they could just chase the guy from the air, and it wouldn't make for one of these high speed chases causing deaths to many unnecessary people.

but, then the cops wouldn't get their rocks off.  I hear if someone gives you a badge and you don't get to pit maneuver a car once a year you start to get the shakes.

John Edward Mercier

Most don't, different departments have different policies on the rate of chase allowed.
The sleds in Belmont forgot that they can't steer well while on pavement...
The officer simply turned on the lights.

Usually the officer is investigating if there is an emergency or the riders are lost.

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Toadstool on December 23, 2008, 01:43 PM NHFT

It does like 80 90? I see it for 20 feet?  then the rooster tail made a magic trick! and it was GONE!
So odd.

I see a gang of subbies in a parking lot ralley racing, they made a nice lil track, I hopped in and joined them hahahaha I had a rwd car... was fun

Most sleds accellerate quickly due to hp/weight ratio... but they must get caught every year the safety classes are full of riders looking to meet their violation requirements.

As for the rallycross racing, the SCCA NER has a competition circuit that anyone interested can join.
So they may have been practicing.

Toadstool

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 23, 2008, 11:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: Toadstool on December 23, 2008, 01:43 PM NHFT

So odd.

Most sleds accellerate quickly due to hp/weight ratio... but they must get caught every year the safety classes are full of riders looking to meet their violation requirements.

As for the rallycross racing, the SCCA NER has a competition circuit that anyone interested can join.
So they may have been practicing.

I dont think he'll get caught, he in it for the WIN if you will.  lol.  Some laws force people to a certain way...and some of us say, Lets LIVE this way.
I guess Life is what you make of it,
and no the guys driving the subbies had 0 seat time, I am a semi pro driver, and they thought I was a rookie. lol.  They had 0 car control. 3 subbies awd, spun out 2 times per lap, mind you awd and snows on all 4.  I was in rwd and snows on back only, no spins here...lol.

Young guys, 20 ish, in moms wrx. sti in a open lot.
I am a scca member. auto x in summer. good times, kinda lame you only get like 10 mins in seat for 8 hours. but its racing.

John Edward Mercier

What would the snowmobiler say if trucks were riding down a snowmobile trail on public property?

Lumpy

Years ago in Hollis I got harassed by a cop while going to the gas station.  The school seemed to not like the fact that i drove to school on it and parked it in the woods out back...  dang gubmint skool!
I can't remember exactly what happened, maybe a "stern talking to" like Cooper got or some crap like that.

Pat K

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 24, 2008, 10:29 PM NHFT
What would the snowmobiler say if trucks were riding down a snowmobile trail on public property?

Probably something like= Yo man cool truck.

Toadstool

Quote from: Pat K on December 24, 2008, 11:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 24, 2008, 10:29 PM NHFT

Probably something like= Yo man cool truck.

I wonder...
I know.
"hey man long time no see!"  Sweet rig, still got it huh!

I am easyyyy going... I'd be cool with both fella's if its got a engine I am in love... yup I said it.
gear head... dang,