• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Quad on public streets?

Started by rmodel65, December 19, 2008, 04:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John Edward Mercier

I don't know about that...
I do know that one of the trucks that got stuck up north was towed with a groomer then the owner sued for the cost of repairing the trail.

firecracker joe

its not against the law if you dont get caught and  if they see you pretend you dont see them and get on a trail. but it is illegal unless your on side of road or just crossing and its registered thats the big thing the registration.When i was 12 living in meredith i got caught riding on the road so many times they made my mother make me sell my dirt bike got so when they saw me and i got on the trail they go sit in my drivway and wait for me.. pigs  cant let a kid have a good time . If thatt happened now i would have been in court and they probably would have given me a bed in ydc til 18   I say let kids be kids theres enough time to be grown up later.

Toadstool

Quote from: jose on December 25, 2008, 07:29 PM NHFT
its not against the law if you dont get caught and  if they see you pretend you dont see them and get on a trail. but it is illegal unless your on side of road or just crossing and its registered thats the big thing the registration.When i was 12 living in meredith i got caught riding on the road so many times they made my mother make me sell my dirt bike got so when they saw me and i got on the trail they go sit in my drivway and wait for me.. pigs  cant let a kid have a good time . If thatt happened now i would have been in court and they probably would have given me a bed in ydc til 18   I say let kids be kids theres enough time to be grown up later.

Yea those days are long gone,
I have a buddy who rides skateboards, at night on rds... no one out.
Cops harass him evertynight, I tell him all the shit I learned, dont talk to cops, etc... he still talks to them.. and still gives them info in a round about way... he's so dumb. 

This life isnt about you. as a person, your a worker for the USA, now stfu and get back to work...

and the guy in truck stuck on trail, 1. shitty truck step up your 4x4 game.
#2 if he's Ruining trails he should fix them... I was into cruising in 4x4, yeah I had buddies who used trucks as shovels and dug holes... I call them mutts.  only dumb doggs dig un needed holes.

firecracker joe

:o  pretty sad when a cops got nothin better to do than harrass a skateboarder on a carless street   Bought that t shirt when i was a kid too.

I see the head Nazi has made a list of all the terrorist attacks planned out for the next five years. Fatherland Security forecasts 5-year terror threats

John Edward Mercier

Trail bikes don't damage asphalt, and can be registered for on-road use.

KBCraig

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 25, 2008, 09:41 PM NHFT
its not against the law if you dont get caught and  if they see you pretend you dont see them and get on a trail. but it is illegal unless your on side of road or just crossing and its registered thats the big thing the registration.

Since they don't damage asphalt, and they're already paying road tax on the gasoline they use, why should they be registered?

Never mind, that was rhetorical: they "should be registered" because the registration gives the government one more point of control over people, and one more opportunity for police to harass people and issue revenue-enhancing tickets.

Tom Sawyer

The damn gooberment Titles new ATVs now...
What's up with that, oh I know, they want know about all your assets, so they can take them at will... Bad boy, give me that ATV.

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: KBCraig on December 26, 2008, 12:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 25, 2008, 09:41 PM NHFT
its not against the law if you dont get caught and  if they see you pretend you dont see them and get on a trail. but it is illegal unless your on side of road or just crossing and its registered thats the big thing the registration.

Since they don't damage asphalt, and they're already paying road tax on the gasoline they use, why should they be registered?

Never mind, that was rhetorical: they "should be registered" because the registration gives the government one more point of control over people, and one more opportunity for police to harass people and issue revenue-enhancing tickets.

Off-road vehicles don't pay on-road taxes. The gas tax they pay are redistributed to trail accounts.

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 26, 2008, 08:09 AM NHFT
The damn gooberment Titles new ATVs now...
What's up with that, oh I know, they want know about all your assets, so they can take them at will... Bad boy, give me that ATV.

I would have to ask around...
But from what I remember, a certificate of ownership is issued by the dealership...

KBCraig

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 26, 2008, 12:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on December 26, 2008, 12:59 AM NHFT
Off-road vehicles don't pay on-road taxes. The gas tax they pay are redistributed to trail accounts.
Baloney. It comes out of the same pump, which doesn't have any idea whether it's filling the tank of a truck, ATV, snow machine, lawn mower, or red plastic gas can for your generator.

John Edward Mercier

The NH DOT transfers Unrefunded Gas Taxes to the NH Bureau of Trails and NH Fish & Game based on a study of the number of gallons used on average.
They receive roughly $9.20 each per OHRV registration from the State Gas Taxes... while the Federal Gas Tax is transferred to the Federal Highway Administration and returned in the National Recreational Trails Program.

KBCraig

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 26, 2008, 06:33 PM NHFT
The NH DOT transfers Unrefunded Gas Taxes to the NH Bureau of Trails and NH Fish & Game based on a study of the number of gallons used on average.

In other words, they take a wild-ass guess to justify the amount of money they want to transfer to the trails.

John Edward Mercier

More of a negotiated position.

And it has some problems, though neither of these two accounts is underfunded in any sense... the transfer of State gas taxes for such a purpose is clearly supra-constitional.

While the other accounts are adequately funded.