• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dark Night and Pot Luck

Started by TackleTheWorld, December 24, 2008, 02:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Organjic

Quote from: dalebert on December 24, 2008, 07:42 PM NHFT
Oh, I REALLY wish I could be there. I'm missing NH and the Keeniacs already.
Only a week in NH so far, now back in RI for holidays, sucks.

TackleTheWorld

Wow!  We got 9 people on short notice.  Thanks to everyone who helped us eat food and watch the movie.

I just thought of something, the Joker wasn't driven by money, or revenge, or fame, he wanted to show over-controlling people that their actions were futile because there are so many things you can't control.  He was working for the force of chaos.  Isn't teaching schemers a lesson trying to control things too?  Ha ha, the Joker was even more controlling than the schemers because he was working to control them. :)

EthanLeeVita

QuoteHAHA! The exposition at the beginning states that after economic collapse the crime rate soars (Of course. the cliched 'without gov't everyone becomes a criminal'.) that the prisons are run by corporations for profit!

Ummm, just like they are today! Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Yes, the irony was one great part of the movie. :)

SpeedPhreak

I was going to start a new thread about that subject - feel free to split this one...

I thought the Joker was the hero of the movie.  The whole hospital monologue (Harvey didn't talk much)... made so much sense ;D 

Right message
Wrong delivery (?).

TackleTheWorld

Can you remind us what was in the hospital monologue?