• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Long line at NH National Guard office

Started by Porcupine Realtor, December 24, 2008, 10:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupine Realtor

I saw a long line of about 100 people Monday, December 22nd, waiting at the entrance to the militia HQ in Manchester.  What's that all about?  Unemployed, under-qualified people waiting to get guns and badges?

So I went to the National Guard website.  Here's what it reads:
To provide the state and its political subdivisions with operationally ready units and personnel to protect life and property and to preserve the internal security of the state when ordered by the Governor.  The New Hampshire National Guard, along with other state agencies, assists the State Office of Emergency Management in time of natural disaster.  The Guard may also be called upon to assist the New Hampshire State Police during civil unrest, or the NH Fish and Game Department for search and rescue operations.

So if this is an org to protect NH, why is it hosted on a DoD website with a army.mil URL????  https://www.nh.ngb.army.mil/

We are SO in trouble!

John Edward Mercier

Because its against the US Constitution for the State to have a standing militia...

Friday

Funny how neither the Union Leader nor the Keene Sentinel find it newsworthy enough to mention that National Guard troops are now patrolling our streets.  I did find this article in the Sentinel mentioning that they're also in New Ipswich, though:

http://www.keenesentinel.com/articles/2008/12/23/opinion/sentinel_editorial/free/id_336049.txt

I feel so... safe?

Puke

Wasn't NH declared a disaster area b/c of the ice storm?
Maybe that's why the Nasty Girls (Nat. Guard) are out?

Friday

Quote from: Puke on December 25, 2008, 10:34 AM NHFT
But this is all happening two weeks after the ice storm, when almost everyone's power has already been restored....  any places still without power are out in the boonies, not in Manchester or Keene.  PSNH has removed the link to the ice storm from its front page, apparently no longer considering it significant enough to provide updates on it.

Puke

Quote from: Friday on December 25, 2008, 10:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: Puke on December 25, 2008, 10:34 AM NHFT
But this is all happening two weeks after the ice storm, when almost everyone's power has already been restored....  any places still without power are out in the boonies, not in Manchester or Keene. 

That's true. Hmmm, curious indeed.
The Army is very slow reacting though...

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: Puke on December 25, 2008, 04:14 PM NHFT
The Army is very slow reacting though...

As a former Marine, I'll vouch for that.  ;)

Lloyd Danforth

A soldier and a Marine were in a Men's room..........

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 24, 2008, 10:15 PM NHFT
Because its against the US Constitution for the State to have a standing militia...

Wait, isn't that what the statists claim the Second Amendment is there to protect?

ahroun_deltori

I just recently separated from the Coast Guard and just recently moved to Manchester.  I was wondering where the Militia HQ office was. I was interested in joining after I started seeing how bad things are getting and all.

Atlas

Quote from: ahroun_deltori on May 28, 2009, 11:10 AM NHFT
I just recently separated from the Coast Guard and just recently moved to Manchester.  I was wondering where the Militia HQ office was. I was interested in joining after I started seeing how bad things are getting and all.
During an emergency, we can help each other out. We don't need the 'National Guard'. During times of 'civil unrest', I'll take my chances with my S & W - no need for having troops rolling around thinking they're our keepers. Even if people start looting, I doubt NH will see much of it compared to the rest of the country. Do you realize that 'civil unrest' could mean a gathering of liberty activists doing a protest against the state's perversions of power? Ya gotta be careful on this one as it is a touchy issue.

John Edward Mercier

The militia in NH is per statute. It exists of every able-bodied male of a certain age.
It doesn't form, nor meet, outside the Governor's order... then fits within the legislative statute (regulated).

Its not a standing army... just a bunch of residents called to action in a time of emergency. For the most part it will never happen as several NPs handle emergency situations around the State... sometimes at speeds well beyond the ability to regulate.

Russell Kanning

i heard someone refer to it as the international guard ... i thought that was appropriate ... or is  it just the guys who guard the national government from the rest of us?

David

It is kinda depressing that there are lines at any recruiting station, considering the abuse the military gets from its political masters, and the jobs they are ordered to do that clearly have nothing to do with defense. 

Russell Kanning

they are advertising that the job involves helping people in their town .... probably not going to happen