• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH desperately needs Mexican food. The Fast Food Thread.

Started by Alex Free Market, December 26, 2008, 12:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 26, 2008, 07:48 PM NHFT
There are even a couple hot dog places, wtf.

Oh man, that makes me homesick for Top Dog in Berkeley.  It's owned by an at least semi-libertarian guy who's got the walls papered with anti-government articles and cartoons.  It stays open until 3:00AM, IIRC, and there's always one really scary-looking guy with a meat cleaver in his hand, and a lot of steam flying around, serving up greasy meat sticks in a dozen different varieties.  Mmmmm, Top Dog.   :crazy3:

Bald Eagle

Alex: There's always Free Stater Owned and Operated "Ivy's Spice of Life" Tex-Mex and American Cuisine in Bristol, NH (which is 20 mins north of Tilton, about 15 mins south of Plymouth).  www.ivysspiceoflife.com has the original menu (We've added some items since).

David

La Carretta, a sit down mexican place just closed down, there just isn't much demand for Mexican food in NH.  In Keene, there is a Taco Bell, in the same building as KFC, a Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, all within a few thousand feet of each other.  A subway downtown.  Armadillos, downtown also, makes a popular burrito, fairly fast I believe.  I was bummed out there was no Quiznos, expensive, but way better than subway, also no Boston Market or Popeyes Chicken.  You haven't had chicken till you have had fresh Louisiana Mild at Popeyes. 

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: David on December 26, 2008, 10:42 PM NHFT
La Carretta, a sit down mexican place just closed down, there just isn't much demand for Mexican food in NH.  In Keene, there is a Taco Bell, in the same building as KFC, a Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, all within a few thousand feet of each other.  A subway downtown.  Armadillos, downtown also, makes a popular burrito, fairly fast I believe.  I was bummed out there was no Quiznos, expensive, but way better than subway, also no Boston Market or Popeyes Chicken.  You haven't had chicken till you have had fresh Louisiana Mild at Popeyes. 

I think I've been to another Mexican place in Keene you didn't mention.  Panera Bread is better than Quiznos and then there is that other deli chain in Keene, I forget the name.

David

Other Deli chain?  I think I am having a brain freeze, as I don't know which one you are talking about.  We have two starbucks, 3 dunkins, 2 on one street.   ;D  Panera prolly has better quality than Quiznos, but I like one of Quiznos sandwiches better than anything at Panera.
We have Ricks Ice cream, rated high statewide.  Still open through the winter.   

error

I miss Taco John's, but not nearly enough to leave New Hampshire.

Anyway, you moved to a place with low population density, fast food is more of an urban thing. Go find a diner.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: David on December 26, 2008, 11:21 PM NHFT
Other Deli chain?  I think I am having a brain freeze, as I don't know which one you are talking about.  We have two starbucks, 3 dunkins, 2 on one street.   ;D  Panera prolly has better quality than Quiznos, but I like one of Quiznos sandwiches better than anything at Panera.
We have Ricks Ice cream, rated high statewide.  Still open through the winter.   

I saw it while in Keene yesterday, D'Angelo. 

toowm

Ditto on La Caretta for decent sit-down Mexican food. You can also do carry-out for not much more time. They are still open in Manchester and Nashua. There is a Taco Bell in Salem.

My fast food longing (there was another thread on this) is gyros off of a rotating spit. There are many Greek diners, but no fresh gyros, not even in Boston.

And the kids had to go to Portillo's (hot dogs, burgers, Italian beef, shakes) when we visited Chicago.

Since I've been low carb, Wendy's is my favorite fast food, because there burgers are fresh and taste much better than the others without a bun. There is a Fuddruckers (good, BIG burgers) just south of Salem in Mass.

coffeeseven

Zaproot says KFC now has a vegetarian chicken sandwich but it's cooked in the same oil as the real chicken.

AntonLee

I really really really really want a sonic.

wicked bad.

KBCraig

Jared

you just need to go a few meters over the border into kittery and go to loco coco's. best  mexican in new england!

dalebert

Quote from: Jared on December 29, 2008, 04:57 PM NHFT
you just need to go a few meters over the border into kittery and go to loco coco's. best  mexican in new england!

Which border?

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: dalebert on December 29, 2008, 05:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on December 29, 2008, 04:57 PM NHFT

Which border?

Kittery is the shopping town in ME where the Portsmouth Harbor is located.  So the NH/ME border.