• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHJobMarket.com

Started by Lex, August 26, 2005, 10:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

I will probably start working on the resumes unless anyone has suggestions for what needs to be added/changed/remove in another area of the software.

Russell Kanning

Dreepa

I may have a couple of jobs to post.

Lex

Quote from: Dreepa on October 27, 2005, 07:01 PM NHFT
I may have a couple of jobs to post.

Go for it. The more people that start using this thing the quicker I could finish building it and make it go live. But only if i get constant feedback of course.

Lex

Working on the resumes right now so things may go off and on ever so often :-)

Lex

Alright, I need some advice on the resume feature.

A resume contains a lot of personal information and I think a lot of people, especially  us liberty minded people are paranoid about revealing too much info about ourselves.

So, what do you think is the best way to provide the information to employers but keep it somewhat private?

I have several solutions:

1. You have to pay to get access to the resumes. Employers most likely have the funds, this will reduce access to the data by the public as a whole and it would help fund the site since i haven't come up with a way to make money yet.

2. Allow people to search resumes but not see them. So you would search for "experience with management" or something like that, you would get a list of results but you wouldn't be able to see the resumes all that an employer could do is send you the job offer. This allows your info to stay private and still allows the employer to contact you.

Other suggestions/solutions?

Eli

Most resume services, Monster CareerBuilder RCJobs etc, run things along the lines of #1.  Another suggestion might be to allow employers to see the whole resume, but suggest that resume posters withhold personal info so that they can only be contacted through the site, email and their site ID.  This gives employers access to all the qualities that make up say, Friday's very fine resume, but give them no obvious way to stalk her.

I think a combination of #1 and an identification blind (ie qualifications only) resume might be a unique combination offering you profitability and user security.

Lex

Alright, I have decided to remove some of the broken features and make the software live with just the ability to search for jobs and to post job listings.

You can start using the software by going to: http://nhjobmarket.com

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

added the stuff from pcconnection

Lex

Cool, there are 4 jobs in there now.

Lex

Lex

I remember someone was telling me that we could add this to the Free State Project website.

Do you guys/gals think the program is ready to be added? Maybe this would increase the number of jobs in the system.

Or do you think it needs some more work/more jobs added before we can list it publicly?

Russell Kanning

The fsp is working on a job section of their forum.

Lex

Quote from: russellkanning on January 14, 2006, 11:08 PM NHFT
The fsp is working on a job section of their forum.

Heh, I guess I wasted a bunch of time then  :-\