• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Smile your Under Arrest"

Started by djbridgeland, December 29, 2008, 09:32 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

djbridgeland

error

Great, America's corruptest sheriff is going to be a TV star.

Tom Sawyer

I remember at the height of the zero tolerance drug war there was a show called American Detective, they featured a real egotistical Sheriff asshole who spent most of his time going after small time pot dealers. Used to make our blood boil, anyway several years later we got a big laugh when we heard the producer of that show stepped backwards off a cliff while having his picture taken.  ;D   Sometimes karma does workout.

Maybe this clown should have a show, his ego might really show people what he is all about.

William

K - rist! Some people will watch anything.

Sam A. Robrin

William

Here's an email I received from a friend in AZ in response to both the Joe Arpaio and Homeland Security reality tv shows.

Clearly it is necessary to transform youthful minds into believing that these
gun toting thugs are heroes that deserve our attention, appreciation, and thanks
as well as our adoration (pardon me, I gagged on that one), for subjecting
Americans to unnecessary stops and searches. The training on a nation of youth
to relinquish their rights at a simple request will leave most of them violated
in more than one way.

Clearly the time to get into a reality TV show is now. We really need to make
the pitch before I have to watch shows like:

Meter Maid: Unlawful Parking
Neighbors Spying on Neighbors
Garbage Man: Your Business my business
IRS: Slave Traders
Real Courts, Justice is NOT served.
Vigilante at large
Hanging in the park: First time offenders going down
What is wrong with people is that this voyeur crap is destroying their ability
to see what is really going on!
Between MySpace, ITunes, and Games, no one reads, no one thinks, no one cares.

Sad, well, I have to go now, my new favorite program Converting Freedoms to Privilege is on.

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: William on December 29, 2008, 05:53 PM NHFT
K - rist! Some people will watch anything.

As a matter of fact, sometimes I watch shows like Cops to think about what I might do in a similar situation. It can be educational if you know what you're looking for. And sometimes it's hilarious how stupidly people waive their rights and fall into the cops' traps. In most cases they simply open their mouths and put their foot in it.

Like one guy who got a ticket for a routine traffic violation. Once he had the ticket, all he had to do was say, "Am I free to go?" But the cop had a question for him:

"Do you have any illegal drugs or weapons in your vehicle?"

"Nossir." Oops. Never answer a cop's question. You could be lying (a serious offence), or incriminating yourself, but certainly inviting more probing. Which is exactly what happened next:

"Well, you don't mind if I have a look inside your car then, do you?"

"Sure, go ahead." Oops. Never consent to a search. And not consenting doesn't have to be rude or confrontational. Example: "Thank you for asking officer, but I do not consent to any search. May I go now?"

So, the cop searched, quickly found a large bag of pot. Now the guy was arrested and cops were all over that car. Eventually, they found a false bottom in the trunk containing Eight. Hundred. Thousand. Dollars in Federal Reserve Notes. Oops.

error

William

"Like one guy who got a ticket for a routine traffic violation. Once he had the ticket, all he had to do was say, "Am I free to go?" But the cop had a question for him"

Actually, he doesn't even have to ask. Once he received the citation he is free to leave as a matter of law.

lastlady

This show is so fucking disgusting. I think I'm ready to leave the planet now!