• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Polar Bear Plunge

Started by dalebert, December 29, 2008, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

If Will does a polar bear plunge, I will too.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 29, 2008, 10:04 AM NHFT
Unless you join me, I'll not doing the polar swim on Wednesday.  However, I will be doing it in Feb at the scheduled Meet-up event.

Quote from: dalebert on December 29, 2008, 10:38 AM NHFT

Anyone interested in making this really interesting? How about a nude polar swim? (and by "swim" I mean submerge ourselves in the icy water and then get out within microseconds)

Tom Sawyer

Shrinkage ;D

"It shrinks?"

"Like a frightened turtle!"

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 29, 2008, 10:46 AM NHFT
Unless you join me, I'll not doing the polar swim on Wednesday.  However, I will be doing it in Feb at the scheduled Meet-up event.

Anyone interested in making this really interesting? How about a nude polar swim? (and by "swim" I mean submerge ourselves in the icy water and then get out within microseconds)

Oh, if Dale does a polar bear plunge, I'll do it.  But I am not doing it nude.  The legal ramifications may be worse than some felonies.

dalebert

(and by "swim" I mean submerge ourselves in the icy water and then get out within microseconds)

That's why I've been using the term "plunge" and trying to make it stick. Besides, it starts with "P" so it goes well with "polar".  ;D

TackleTheWorld

New Topic!

I was about to sign up for the freezing event, but then Mike raised the stakes. :_eatsnow__by_Conuyaku:

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on December 29, 2008, 11:12 AM NHFT
I was about to sign up for the freezing event, but then Mike raised the stakes. :_eatsnow__by_Conuyaku:

Correction-- Mike TRIED to raise the stakes.  8)

Friday

So... is the FSP recruiting nudists now?   :P

I wouldn't encourage anyone to do this without first getting Will's signoff.  It's his event, and his name in the papers.

William

Quote from: Friday on December 29, 2008, 11:15 AM NHFT

I wouldn't encourage anyone to do this without first getting Will's signoff.  It's his event, and his name in the papers.

Agreed, but if it goes down, I'm in.

Not for the nude part, just the plunge.

Fluff and Stuff

Actually, the FSP has some nudists, like Whitney.

doobie

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 29, 2008, 11:04 AM NHFT

Oh, if Dale does a polar bear plunge, I'll do it.  But I am not doing it nude.  The legal ramifications may be worse than some felonies.

Break up the ice in my pool and you can go ice skinny dipping on private property outside the prying eyes of the "law."

KBCraig

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 29, 2008, 01:48 PM NHFT

Actually, the FSP has some nudists, like Whitney.

I seem to recall hearing about some lawn-mowing nekkid lady on a mountain in Vermont...  ;D

K. Darien Freeheart

Under our clothes, we're all nekkid.

Walk For Liberty

dalebert

I've done this and to those who haven't, I'm going to strongly advise you to have flip-flops or something similar to wear all the way to the water's edge or your feet will give out from the cold sand or snow before you can even brave the water.