• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Polar Bear Plunge

Started by dalebert, December 29, 2008, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

I'm down. I'll even do it nude.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Anti-American on December 30, 2008, 09:43 AM NHFT

Cue upset politicos in 5...4...3...2...

Fluff and Stuff

There may be several inches of snow on the ground by 3pm (when Will will reach Hampton Beach).  If I can get there then I'll go in the water.  I did this back in Octoberish when the water was warmer and there wasn't any snow on the ground and it was still cold as heck.

dalebert

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 30, 2008, 04:04 PM NHFT...it was still cold as heck.

How cold is Heck? Probably colder than Hell.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: dalebert on December 30, 2008, 04:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 30, 2008, 04:04 PM NHFT...it was still cold as heck.

How cold is Heck? Probably colder than Hell.

The water was cold as heck in Octoberish when I jumped.  It will be colder than heck on Wednesday.  And during the Meet-up group scheduled jump in February it will be colder than hell frozen over.  Actually, the air is expected to be cold on Wednesday, too.  I'm going to wear a plastic bag over my head if I go.

Friday

Quote from: Anti-American on December 30, 2008, 09:43 AM NHFT
That's what you said about the Halloween party.

Mike Barskey

I didn't mean to exclude anyone by nude-ifying the Polar Bear Plunge. I hope that if people do jump in nude, that you jump in with us even if you're not nude!

Thanks for the flip-flop tip, Dale. I plan to disrobe very near the water, run and jump in, then run like a bat outta freezing ocean water and get dressed.

Mike Barskey

I'll have still-image and video cameras. Will someone be able to record the Polar Plunge event?

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 30, 2008, 05:00 PM NHFT
I'll have still-image and video cameras. Will someone be able to record the Polar Plunge event?

Let's hope not!

The water at Hampton Beach is 41 degrees, the air, close to 23 degrees tomorrow. High tide is at 1:28 pm, and low tide at 8:07 pm. There are a few webcams of the beach.

http://www.hamptonbeach.org/webcam.cfm

http://www.hamptonbeachcam.com/

http://www.itsabeach.com/hb/cgi-bin/itsabeach.cfm?BodyName=home

dalebert

Quote from: www on December 30, 2008, 11:15 PM NHFT
The water at Hampton Beach is 41 degrees, the air, close to 23 degrees tomorrow.

It was just below freezing last time I did it and the water was right around freezing. This should be a cake walk.

Fluff and Stuff

AntonLee

dear god, maybe I will go to see this.

dalebert

Odds of my attendance are dropping rapidly with each inch of snow. Ugh. If anyone else is planning to drive out from Keene, I'd ride along and contribute toward gas.

FTL_Ian