• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report

Started by TackleTheWorld, August 26, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

vanguardist

Quote from: Pat K on June 14, 2006, 03:39 PM NHFT
Hey tough guy feel free to go to New London there are some empty properties still there. You can move in and go out in your own blaze of glory.

I didn't mean it that way. All I'm saying is that, if the battles comes to ME (personally), hopefully I'll have the guts to fight back. I'm not saying that anyone else was a coward or anything like that.

TackleTheWorld

Speaking of blazes of glory,

Guess who they put on the front page of The Day?

Holy guacamole, don't they have any real news?

Kat Kanning

Quote?If I fight for property rights, that people should always be able to keep their house and only sell it when they want to, as long as I fight for that, the world is still that way,? she said. ?But if I just knuckle under and let people get thrown out, then the world's horrible.?

For now, she waits for the city to come knocking, for her chance to go to prison again, to stand up for the building, even if its owner has decided to move on.

And her plan after that?

?Come back and see if there's any more buildings left to stand in front of,? Canario said.

Wow!  :D

Oh and I love this picture.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Russell Kanning

Sure seems like they will want to start shutting off power and such. Let the fireworks begin.

Pat K

Or, as Sabilia put it Friday, ?There have always been people from throughout the country that profess to have New London's best interest at heart when they don't even understand a tenth of the story.?

They are taking peoples property by force, because they think they can put it to better use-end of Fucking story.

FTL_Ian

Lauren,

I'm concerned with this portion of the article:

Quote?I think things haven't changed, because even though they sold, they didn't sell willingly,? she said Thursday. ?There was a lot of intimidation and pressure and all kinds of bureaucratic loopholes that were applied to them that made them sell.?

But that's not what Von Winkle says.

On that same sunny Thursday, he was moving a military jeep with a camouflage paint job to a better spot in the backyard, and maintaining that he would not be pushed into anything.

?I'm different than everyone else,? Von Winkle said. ?I leave when I want to leave.?

It makes it seem as though you are staying against Mr. Von Winkle's wishes, though his quote does not actually address you.

They are calling you a "squatter" now.  What are the penalties for that? 

Also, when the deadline comes, you may want to have most of your valuables out of the apartment, or I bet it will be difficult at best to retrieve them once you get out of jail.

TackleTheWorld

How Should City Proceed in Fort Trumbull?

- Total Votes 685

Continue to negotiate with Susette Kelo and Pasquale Cristofaro.              61 
Allow Kelo and Cristofaro to relocate to parcel 4A and return their deeds.  451 
Let Kelo and Cristofaro have lifetime occupancy on parcel 4A                    59 
Do whatever is necessary to take the properties.                                  114 

Russell Kanning

Do you think that Von Winkle would be selling his place this month if the NLDC would have never been formed?
I think there is a reason he is selling .... and it is not completely of free will.

Dave Ridley

reading the Day article inspired me to make a couple more calls to NLDC Folks....

I hope you will do the same:
You can call anytime and leave voicemail.

NLDC
860 447 8011

TackleTheWorld

Thank you Dave.

If you are feeling extra-ranty,
here's the number of the NLDC relocation consultant attorney, Phillip Michalowski:

1-800 248-6309

Oh wait, he's on vacation Jum 19-26. 
I guess my fellow tenants will have to wait a week to get help. :nono:

TackleTheWorld

Hi, Lauren here, resident of the embattled Ft. Trumbull neighborhood of New London, Connecticut.  Day 318.

Status of utilities:
electricity     On
gas             On
water           On
phone           On
cable           On

Tomorrow is the day the city says an agreement will be reached with all the property owners.
Kelo is said to have agreed to move her house, but she has not signed anything yet.
Cristofaro is still very angry, and wants to stay, and his family backs him up.  But he is disheartened at being the only one left.
He tells me that he has demands, and will sell if they meet them. But he doubts the city can meet his demands.
I offered him all the help, and optimism, and moral certainty I could muster.  We'll soon see.
:fingerscrossed:

TackleTheWorld

What do you think of the following statement?
I'm still doing some fact-checking  so don't spread it around just yet.

Residents of Fort Trumbull can no longer bear the abuse, insults and humiliation of living in New London

We thought the land we bought here was ours to sell at a time of our choosing, to whom we pleased.
The city has demanded we sell only to them, at the time they state, at a price of their choosing.

We thought the city held records of property deeds in security and preservation, settling boundary disputes with safe-guarded documents.
The city has stolen our deeds.

We thought our parents and elderly citizens were safe from cruel treatment at the hands of the city they loyally supported for so many decades.
City agents have threatened the elderly with long court battles if they did not sell their homes immediately.

We thought the city would help protect us from con-artists taking our homes and offering us no recompense.
The city warned homeowners that they may get evicted and no money at all if they delayed selling their homes.

We thought the judges of the city would uphold a property owner?s right to throw out unwelcome tenants.
The judges have protected non-paying tenants.

We thought the city police would help us defend our property from trespassers.
The police threatened to arrest us for being on our own property.

We thought the city council would admit all citizens to their meetings.
The city has put us in prison for attempting to attend their meeting.

We thought demolition in our city would be undertaken with care.
The city?s men caused houses to fall into public streets and inhabited buildings with no warning.

We thought the city was a wise and reasonable force to settle disagreements among its citizens.
We must reluctantly admit that the city itself has become thief, fraud, bully and kidnapper.

Our eyes, minds and consciences now compel us to withdraw our support from the criminal organization of New London, Connecticut.

We hereby expel the officials, bureaucrats and government of New London from our neighborhood.  We recognize no validity in their deeds to our land.  We will no longer pay them in any form of taxes, fees or penalties.  We will no longer allow them to arrange our affairs with any utility, service or vendor.  We will no longer concede to their demands or obey their officers. 

In future transactions we expect only voluntary interactions, thereby resetting our neighborhood to a state of sovereignty, wherein all property is defended by individuals, and the only way to acquire it is by mutual agreement to mutual benefit.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning