• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report

Started by TackleTheWorld, August 26, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Braddogg

Quote from: Facilitator on December 20, 2006, 08:38 AM NHFT
Kelo has put a curse on her enemies.

http://www.theday.com/

Quote from: Ms Kelo's Christmas Card
Here is my house that you did take
From me to you, this spell I make
Your houses, your homes
Your family, your friends
May they live in misery
That never ends.
I curse you all
May you rot in hell
To each of you
I send this spell
For the rest of your lives
I wish you ill
I send this now
By the power of will

Awesome!!!

Quote from: News ReportKelo, among six Fort Trumbull property owners who contested the city's and agency's right to seize their homes and businesses, was the lead plaintiff in the case. She ultimately accepted a settlement offer from the city totaling $442,155 for her house at 8 East St., more than $319,000 above the appraised value in 2000.

?It's amazing anyone could be so vindictive when they've made so much money,? said Schwenker-Mayer on Tuesday, after receiving her card.

Schwenker-Mayer, you just don't get it.  It's not about money, it's about liberty.

FTL_Ian

Pfizer Guy:
Quote?It's sort of sad she elected to do this,? said Milne. ?We were trying to do things for the city. It was nothing personal.?

Not personal?  These people are sick.

Russell Kanning

.... and the government tries to tell you they went willingly. Some people also try to justify it that way also.

David

Well said Braddog. 
To Glover, a former mayor, the card's rendering of the Kelo house was cute. But the curse didn't cut it. ?Being a Christian, I don't believe in curses,? she said.

But she believes in theft?  Hmm, must be some newfangled christian sect. 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: News ReportKelo, among six Fort Trumbull property owners who contested the city's and agency's right to seize their homes and businesses, was the lead plaintiff in the case. She ultimately accepted a settlement offer from the city totaling $442,155 for her house at 8 East St., more than $319,000 above the appraised value in 2000.

?It's amazing anyone could be so vindictive when they've made so much money,? said Schwenker-Mayer on Tuesday, after receiving her card.

Yeah, it would be like if we voted to rape this woman and afterwards gave her a thousand dollars...
?It's amazing anyone could be so vindictive when they've made so much money,?

error

I just dropped a copy of the The Day article, an extra copy of the picture of the card, and my own article, in the mail to Lauren.

Jim Johnson

USA Today ran a page 3 story on Kelo's holiday card.
Not one entry in thier letters mentions Lauren. 

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2006/12/not_a_merry_chr.html

error

I made absolutely sure to mention Lauren!

But at least people nationwide are still paying attention to the eminent domain issue and are still pissed off about it.

That, at least, is a bright spot on this dark holiday.

Russell Kanning

2000 values ... I wonder if New London bases their property taxes on 2000 home values.

Barterer

Quote from: error on December 20, 2006, 08:50 AM NHFT
http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=3d8b1d56-6d39-49c7-ab5d-a1110427c531
The gall of these people calling Susette "childish" for being bitter over her house being confiscated.  Did they have a meeting and decide beforehand what they were all going to say?  It reminds me of the time all the news-pukes kept parroting the word "gravitas." 

At least one of those scumbags used the card as an opportunity to profess her Christianity.. hello.. 10 commandments? I guess thou can steal (the difference between the final and free-market compensation) if thou has a meeting and gets others to agree, and turns the proceeds over to thy friends who in turn pay thou for stealing on their behalf. 

No, what's "childish" is running to mommy government to try and force someone to turn over something you and your friends covet.  So that's two commandments broken.  I'm not Christian or anything, just thought I'd point out the hipocrisy.

error

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maid servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

Dreepa

Quote from: Roger Grant on December 21, 2006, 06:45 AM NHFT

Yeah, it would be like if we voted to rape this woman and afterwards gave her a thousand dollars...
?It's amazing anyone could be so vindictive when they've made so much money,?

Or worse after the rape and paying her calling her a prostitute.

Lloyd Danforth

Now that she has settled Susette should consider cutting her ties with the city of New London and getting a real job.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: freedominnh on December 21, 2006, 07:37 PM NHFT
NH voters decided not to allow another New London travesty to happen again within its boundaries with the Constitutional ammendment just passed.
That will not and has not stopped the government from doing bad things.