• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report

Started by TackleTheWorld, August 26, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

"This is Challenger the bald eagle, reminding you that Only You Can Prevent Government."

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 22, 2006, 07:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: freedominnh on December 21, 2006, 07:37 PM NHFT
NH voters decided not to allow another New London travesty to happen again within its boundaries with the Constitutional ammendment just passed.
That will not and has not stopped the government from doing bad things.

The constitution sure hasn't stopped much of anything else. 

Quote from: error on December 22, 2006, 07:57 AM NHFT
"This is Challenger the bald eagle, reminding you that Only You Can Prevent Government."

Me likey it. 

Dave Ridley

I like the fact that the article includes a clear list of perpetrators , all mentioned in one place.

There are two others I'd like to add to the list, since they currently work for NLDC:

Gregg Coonan
Synelvia Penn

I am probably misspelling both names.  I have called them each about 10 times.

Here's the article which includes the remaining names...I hope some of you will contact some of them (as I hope to) or give us their contact info:

----

Kelo's Holiday Greeting To Foes: 'I Curse You All'
Fort Trumbull eminent domain plaintiff hopes recipients of cards will 'rot in hell'

By Steven Slosberg
Click name for author info, most recent articles ...   

Published on 12/20/2006 in Main Photo ? Main Photo

Print This      E-mail This      Most E-mailed
   Send Letter      Send Correction      Add To Cart
   Increase Text      Actual Text      Decrease Text

The front cover of the Kelo holiday greeting card.

'It's amazing anyone could be so vindictive when they've made so much money.'
Gail Schwenker-Mayer
'These people can think what they want of me. I will never, ever forget what they did.'
Susette Kelo

New London ? Fort Trumbull diehard Susette Kelo has sent out a heartfelt holiday greeting card to some 30 or so current and former members of the City Council and New London Development Corp., among others, wishing them, in essence, hell on Earth for the rest of their lives.
The text, accompanying a sparkling, snowy image of Kelo's iconic pink house in the Fort Trumbull neighborhood, reads, in its entirety:

Here is my house that you did take
From me to you, this spell I make
Your houses, your homes
Your family, your friends
May they live in misery
That never ends.
I curse you all
May you rot in hell
To each of you
I send this spell
For the rest of your lives
I wish you ill
I send this now
By the power of will

The cards ? conceived and produced by Kathleen Mitchell, a friend of Kelo and city gadfly, and bearing Kelo's name ? were received Tuesday by NLDC members David Goebel (the agency's former executive director), George Milne and Reid Burdick, and by Alan Mayer and his wife, Gail Schwenker-Mayer, supporters of the Fort Trumbull development project and one-time assistants to Claire Gaudiani, former president of both the NLDC and Connecticut College. State Sen. Andrea Stillman, D-Waterford, also got one.

Kelo said this week that she mailed two cards to Gaudiani.

Kelo confirmed others on her list for the Christmas curse, including Mayor Peg Curtin and Beth Sabilia, Ernie Hewitt, Ron Nossek, Jane Glover, Kevin Cavanaugh, Rob Pero, Tim West, all current or former city councilors involved with Fort Trumbull. NLDC President Michael Joplin and members John Johnson, Carl Stoner, Steve Percy, Karl Sternlof, John Brooks and Pam Akins also are to receive the cards.

Kelo said she was considering sending the cards to the five U.S. Supreme Court justices who, in 2005, sided, as a majority, with the city and NLDC against the Fort Trumbull homeowners who fought the city's right to take the properties by eminent domain.

Kelo, among six Fort Trumbull property owners who contested the city's and agency's right to seize their homes and businesses, was the lead plaintiff in the case. She ultimately accepted a settlement offer from the city totaling $442,155 for her house at 8 East St., more than $319,000 above the appraised value in 2000.

?It's amazing anyone could be so vindictive when they've made so much money,? said Schwenker-Mayer on Tuesday, after receiving her card.

Milne, a former top executive at Pfizer Inc. here, called the card ?immensely childish.?

?It's sort of sad she elected to do this,? said Milne. ?We were trying to do things for the city. It was nothing personal.?

Burdick said he put the card on his mantel with all his other Christmas greetings. ?I think the poor woman has gone around the bend,? he said. ?I haven't gotten any mail from her in years. I still feel bad for Susette. The sorry part of this is that the things she's angry about were not done to be mean-spirited toward her personally.?

To Glover, a former mayor, the card's rendering of the Kelo house was cute. But the curse didn't cut it. ?Being a Christian, I don't believe in curses,? she said. ?It was really childish. I didn't think Susette Kelo believed in curses and black magic. If she did, she would have tried it on the Supreme Court.?

Goebel, the former NLDC executive director, said, ?Children will be children.? But Goebel was the only recipient, thus far, to suggest that the card might not be from Kelo.

?You shouldn't take the signature at the bottom as that of the one who sent it,? Goebel said. ?It's not something Susette would have done, in my view. It's unfortunate children have to do this.?

He did not speculate on who else might have been behind the mailing.

Kelo said the card was her idea. ?I'm very upset with what these people did to me,? said Kelo, who works for the City of New London as a nurse dealing with lead paint and lead poisoning cases.

?This all could have been solved and ended many years ago,? she said. ?They didn't have to do what they did to us, and I will never forget. These people can think what they want of me. I will never, ever forget what they did.?

TackleTheWorld

Wow, this thread talks about more abuses on the people of Connecticut.

Why do people still live there?

Three of the Kelo 7 still live in New London, they must think a lying/kidnapping/stealing government is not so bad afterall.

Guess how many letters I received in prison from people in CT?  None.

I now offically agree with Ian - Connecticut is a lost cause.

FTL_Ian

<whew!>

I was dreading going back to that hellhole.  Glad to know I won't have to!

TackleTheWorld

Yesterday they demolished some of Mr. Beyer's property.
The Cristofaro home is going today.
No protestation planned.
:'(

Kat Kanning

Bummer...
I had just been wondering what was going on with them.  Thanks, Lauren.

money dollars

Quote from: FTL_Ian on January 06, 2007, 10:37 AM NHFT
<whew!>

I was dreading going back to that hellhole.
You can just stay in the hellhole of Keene  ;)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: money dollars on March 01, 2007, 08:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on January 06, 2007, 10:37 AM NHFT
<whew!>

I was dreading going back to that hellhole.
You can just stay in the hellhole of Keene  ;)

Keene isn't a hellhole.

Tom Sawyer

'This Is Totally Wrong'
Tears Shed As Razing Continues In Fort Trumbull

New London ? Michael Cristofaro stood in the rain for several hours Friday as a backhoe tore into his father's former house at Fort Trumbull.

In an e-mail I received regarding video footage for a documentary...
He gives thanks for everyone's help.
...Thanks for all of the help and support that all of you had done. There will never be enough words of gratitude.

Take Care
Michael Cristofaro

TackleTheWorld

Yesterday they demolished the Cristofaro home in Ft. Trumbull.  Here is an email from him. :'(

Just thought I will send this out. NLDC will never learn that lying will get you nowhere. They demolished my dad's property Friday. They picked a day which they knew few people would make it out and made sure that no one knew about the demolishing. The state and NLDC have not kept their word on the stipulation of moving the plants or installing the plaque honoring my mom. It was so heart breaking to see the demolishing crew just grabbed the plants and threw them out of their way with no concern that it took years of care to get them that way. Joplin's quote "the state arborist visited Fort Trumbull months ago and found that the shrubs are ?post-mature? and cannot successfully be moved. In lieu of moving the plants, an agreement had been reached to provide the Cristofaro family with a $10,000 credit toward new shrubs" The state arborist did show and stated that they all can be moved and we have not agreed on $10,000. I will be demanding a retraction and an apology next week. This is far from being over.

I also wanted to share this bit of info that happen on Friday while they were tearing the house down. John Brooks(NLDC) who is in charge of Fort Trumbull development was standing across the street from the house. A big rat ran across the street and ran over his feet and then ran back into the rumble. I yelled over said, "Rats find other rats". I pray that each and everyone of this individuals will get what they deserve one day. I will continue to fight this abuse until all property owners are safe in their homes again.

Take care
Michael Cristofaro

TackleTheWorld

? Former Fort Trumbull neighborhood resident and Kelo v. City of New London plaintiff Michael Cristofaro confronts New London building department official James Salmon, left, as demolition of Cristofaro's former property on Goshen Street progresses Friday. Cristofaro wanted the demolition of his father's house delayed until some shrubs around the structure could be relocated. NLDC President Michael Joplin said the state arborist visited the property months ago and determined the plants could not be moved successfully and a $10,000 credit for Cristofaro to get new shrubs has been agreed upon.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TackleTheWorld

?Former Fort Trumbull resident Michael Cristofaro talks to city building department officials, employees of Barberi Bros. Demolition and New London police as his former property on Goshen Street is demolished.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TackleTheWorld

Story in the Day
'This Is Totally Wrong' 
By Elaine Stoll , Day Staff Writer 

Published on 3/3/2007 in Home ?Region ?Region Main Photo 
New London ? Michael Cristofaro stood in the rain for several hours Friday as a backhoe tore into his father's former house at Fort Trumbull.
?If my dad knew this, it would kill him today,? he said, watching the demolition of 53 Goshen St. with occasional tears and a few angry words.
?This is totally wrong.?
The city seized Pasquale Cristofaro's Goshen Street property in 2000 when it exercised eminent domain as part of a municipal development plan that called for economic development including a hotel, office space and rental housing. He joined six other plaintiffs in suing the city in the case Kelo v. City of New London, decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in favor of the city in 2005.
The Cristofaro family reached a settlement over possession of the property on June 30, 2006, but that hasn't ended Michael Cristofaro's resolve to fight eminent domain. ?Until the last breath leaves me, I will fight eminent domain use forever,? he said.
Cristofaro was joined by Kathleen Mitchell and by Susette Kelo, lead plaintiff in the eminent domain lawsuit whose controversial court ruling reverberated around the country. To date, 34 states have passed legislation or approved constitutional amendments to restrict the use of eminent domain for economic development.
?It's too bad the city never figured out this was wrong. The whole country figured it out,? Kelo said.
Several police officers stretched yellow tape in front of the house to protect onlookers from demolition debris, they said, and they remained on scene through the demolition.
Michael Cristofaro alleged that police had earlier threatened to put him in handcuffs. ?They said, 'You don't want a picture of you being arrested.' I said, 'Do you think being arrested is the worst thing that's going to happen today?' ?
None of the three protesters was arrested.
Barberi Brothers Demolition of Waterford demolished the former Cristofaro property Friday as well as a rental house next door at 49 Goshen St., formerly owned by Richard Beyer's company, Pataya Construction. A day earlier, Salecon LLC of Salem felled 41 Goshen St., also formerly owned by Pataya Construction.
The New London Development Corp. has a $63,510 contract with Barberi Brothers Demolition for asbestos abatement and demolition of 49 and 53 Goshen St. and 44 and 46 Smith St., said NLDC Fort Trumbull Project Manager John Brooks. A $12,494 contract with Salecon covered the demolition of 41 Goshen St.
Following the demolitions, the NLDC will be able to complete Chelsea and Walbach streets and grade a soil stockpile onto the parcel, he said.
Michael Cristofaro alleged Friday that the NLDC has not met its obligation, outlined in the settlement agreement, to transplant shrubs at 53 Goshen St. to another location and said the demolition equipment had damaged some of the plants. His brother is awaiting a response to complaints made to the governor's office, he said.
NLDC President Michael Joplin said the state arborist visited Fort Trumbull months ago and found that the shrubs are ?post-mature? and cannot successfully be moved. In lieu of moving the plants, an agreement had been reached to provide the Cristofaro family with a $10,000 credit toward new shrubs, Joplin said.
e.stoll@theday.com 

Russell Kanning

ugliness
Can you imagine trying to "reach an agreement" with the nldc? Why on earth would they hold up their end of the bargin?