• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report

Started by TackleTheWorld, August 26, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Roger Grant on May 31, 2006, 08:48 PM NHFT
Took the poll... currently at 907 No, don't take the cities offer threat... to 266 Yes

Final tally:
Deny the city's offer - 961
Accept the city's offer - 271

hamptoninsider

In our neck of the woods, we are in the fourth year of a fight in and out of numerous Superior Court cases with the most current on appeal to NH Supreme Court.

In our community the plan is was a complete Eminent Domain taking of beach properties.  The orchestration was thwarted at every turn.  Now the bastards continue to thumb their noses at voter mandates by not having public hearings on three occassions in the past year to push through zoning changes to make it impossible for current business property owners to do nothing outside their grandfathered uses.

There is a public hearing this week that is a must for us.   I can see how the Kelo 6 has been drained emotionally and financially over the past 6 + years.

The Kelo New London ground has been so tainted over the Supreme Court battle that it might as well become a national property rights center where people come every year to campout and celebrate freedom from government oppression and intervention in property ownership.  The people of New London need to file a reverse eminent domain countersuit to take back the land that was illegally misappropriated.  There is no current plan for use of that property, my guess is that permits are expired.  Someone needs to whack the stuffy suits at the Institute for Justice to check the status of current permiting by NLDC or their assigns.  The IJ is sitting in their DC ivory towers collecting national and international contributions getting very little done.

Hannity interviewed Suzette Kelo a couple of days ago.  She came across as very tired and disorientated.   Not strong and decisive.  Bullock was interviewed from IJ and helped level out the piece.   Need better preparation for national coverage as the last interview was complete waste.   

Michael  Christafano will have as an epitath, three seperate   Eminent Domain takings in his lifetime....  These people have been brutally disenfranchised of their properties by fascists.   The legacy of this fight may be that not another public/private partnership involving Eminent Domain is launched without a fight upfront and national exposure until state laws prohibit such thievery and dabauchery everywhere.

Lauren has done a fantastic job between New London and the NH events she regularly participates in.  This New London battle has been of epic proportion and will be celebrated as turning point back toward freedom and democracy.   We may not just yet see its full scope and impact.  Paradigm shift coming....   

Tom Sawyer

Trying to decide if making the effort to come down to tonight's meeting is worthwhile. (If so what's the location)

Doug's message leaves me a little confused. Is this likely to be an important point or just another baby step? Should we come down for this or wait till they try and kick you guys physically out?

My sympathies to all the suffering that has been endured down there.
Roger

Kat Kanning

Doug sounded to me like he didn't want us there.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Roger Grant on June 05, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT
Trying to decide if making the effort to come down to tonight's meeting is worthwhile. (If so what's the location)

New London City Hall
181 State St.
New London,CT 06320

TackleTheWorld

There will be a lot of sound and fury this evening. 

Scott Bullock, head IJ lawyer is asking people to attend.
Doug our postman-in-the-know is asking people to put pressure on the Gov, not the city.

But the Governor had her say, she said her advice is not binding on the city.
Doug's strategy seems flawed at the moment.

I'll be there, and would welcome anyone else who would like to add to the sound and fury.

But I'm holding my pleas for aid until eviction is immenent.

Tom Sawyer

Hoping thing went ok at the meeting.

Hey does anyone know where to locate some of the pictures from the time of Lauren's arrest? I remember specifically the still frame from the TV video of her standing in the hall. I could use a few more images of her to finish the video... thanks.

The New London Blues
Resisting Eminent Domain
http://www.politicalgraffiti.com/Resisting_Eminent_Domain-.mov

Russell Kanning

It must be in a thread here somewhere .... and we had a wiki page with that info once.

Russell Kanning

TackleTheWorld

Hi, Lauren here, resident of the embattled Ft. Trumbull neighborhood of New London, Connecticut.  Day 294.

Status of utilities:
electricity     On
gas             On
water           On
phone           On
cable           On

The city council voted 5 - 2 to start eviction procedings against Ft. Trumbull property owners.

The city council also said Bill Von Winkle has reportedly sold his three buildings.

Down to the Kelo 2 and the NLDC is my new landlord.......  :-X
things should be heating up within 30-90 days.
Hey, I'm from Las Vegas, I like the heat  >:D

FTL_Ian

Who remains, Kelo and Christofaro?

KBCraig

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on June 05, 2006, 09:18 PM NHFT
The city council also said Bill Von Winkle has reportedly sold his three buildings.

What absolute bastards, scoundrels, snakes, sumbitches, to accept any deal from a man who has endured so much, only to lose his son in the last few days.

>:(

Subhuman pieces of whale dung.

>:(

FTL_Ian

Hopefully alliances won't crumble in NH, and our people will have far more local support.   :(

TackleTheWorld

Kelo - Cristofaro
Still refusing to cooperate  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]