• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

AltExpo - Co-op workshop

Started by jaqeboy, January 01, 2009, 05:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Alt Expo Co-op workshop
Training on how to order from United Natural Foods, Inc.
through a local buying club

Friday, midnight is the order deadline  :o in my order cycle in the UNFI buying club I'm in.

We're going to hold a mini-workshop training at my house at 7PM Friday evening - come earlier (say 6 PM) for snacks and fellowship (please bring beverage of choice) - for anyone who wants to learn how to use the United Natural Foods buying club system. ( Yeah, yeah, I'll give you more notice next time.  ;)  - We'll have several more of these and probably go through the process of starting a new buying club.)

Sample products on display,

Catalogs on display and you can download the .pdf file of the catalog (bring your wi-fi capable laptop).

I'll go over my recommended procedure for selecting and ordering foods from the co-op, and you can enter an item or 2 you might want onto my co-op order ( paid in advance, cash or local check). Delivery will be in 2 weeks, Friday, 16Jan09.

We'll cover how to find a co-op near you & how to start a new one - the basics of co-op'ing, especially with United Natural Foods, Inc.

The potential with a co-op is to carry even other items not carried in the UNFI catalog, and we'll talk about that, as well.

We'll meet at the hex table in the little dome at the Henniker Dome complex on 114, just 0.2 miles north of the Weare line, and a couple of miles south of the Pat's Peak ski area.

Meeting details:
7 PM (come early - focussed workshop starts at 7)
Little dome
2307 Weare Road
Henniker, New-Hamps.
map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2307+Weare+Road,+Henniker,+New+Hampshire&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.910968,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=43.150346,-71.663132&spn=0.184851,0.30899&z=12
(Note Google Maps shows a location about .2 miles north of our actual location)

(an Alternatives Expo mini-workshop)

Scott Roth

Oh...I wished I had known earlier.  Let us know what transpires, Jack.  I wanna co-op again! 8)

jaqeboy

OK, Scott. We're working on an "all food" AltExpo workshop sometime between now and Liberty Forum (date, time, place tbd). That workshop will have a co-op'ing segment, too. I'll probably do the mini-workshop again for people who want to piggy-back on my order til they get set up with their own buying club locally (but, I'll announce it with more lead time - this was a last-minute thought - was already doing the training for a few folks who are piggy-backing, so I just thought I'd put it out to the forum).

Scott Roth

Not a problem, Jack.  Nice to see you setting some people up.

jaqeboy

We had 6 people at the workshop - everyone piggybacked some items onto my order and we learned how to "split cases" on the online ordering system - kind of a new feature for all. We'll see how it works.

There was a great show-and-tell where everyone brought out their favorite foods (that can all, except the habanero beef jerky, be bought through the co-op) and we concepted bigger and better co-op plans for the coming year. The chips and hummus-tasting portion of the program was delish! We ordered some new and interesting grains to try sprouting and adding to breads and cereals.

All-in-all, it was a cool workshop. We'll repeat a week or so before the next order deadline (and this time I'll announce it with more notice).

Scott Roth

Lumpy

jaqeboy

Not to worry - we'll have another. In the meantime, you could go to http://unitedbuyingclubs.com and click on "Find a Buying Club Near You". You have to send them an email at the address shown and request a list of co-ops near you that already buy from United Natural Foods. That's the best way to get started - join an existing co-op. They're relatively hard to start up, so joining an existing one lets you learn all the ropes locally.

Lumpy

jaqeboy

Alt Expo Co-op workshop - Thursday, 5 February 2009
Training on how to order from United Natural Foods, Inc. through a local buying club

Friday 6 February, midnight is the order deadline in the order cycle in the existing UNFI buying club we can buy through.

We're going to hold a mini-workshop training at my house at 7PM Thursday evening, 5 February - come earlier (say 6 PM) for snacks and fellowship (please bring beverage of choice) - for anyone who wants to learn how to use the United Natural Foods buying club system.

We'll have sample products on display, and some that you can sample.

We'll have paper catalogs on display and you can download the .pdf file of the catalog (bring your wi-fi capable laptop).

We'll go over the recommended procedure for selecting and ordering foods from the co-op, and you can enter an item or 2 you might want onto my co-op order ( paid in advance, cash or local check). Delivery will be in 1 weeks, Friday, 113Feb09.

We'll cover how to find a co-op near you & how to start a new one - the basics of co-op'ing, especially with United Natural Foods, Inc. We'll also go over how we could start an ideal co-op and we'll be looking for folks to join in on that.

The potential with a co-op is to carry even other items not carried in the UNFI catalog, and we'll talk about that, as well.

We'll meet in the little dome at the Henniker Dome complex on 114, just 0.2 miles north of the Weare line, and a couple of miles south of the Pat's Peak ski area.

Meeting details:
5 February 2009
7 PM (come early, though - focussed workshop starts at 7)
Little dome
2307 Weare Road (left at the top of the driveway)
Henniker, New-Hampshire
map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2307+Weare+Road,+Henniker,+New+Hampshire&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.910968,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=43.150346,-71.663132&spn=0.184851,0.30899&z=12
(Note Google Maps shows a location about .2 miles north of our actual location)

(an Alternatives Expo mini-workshop)

jaqeboy

How's that Scott & Lumpy? Advance notice for a change!