• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

open carry question

Started by djbridgeland, April 27, 2009, 08:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

djbridgeland

So i picked up a firearm from Riley's, that i had ordered today. Anyways it came with a holster included, however the holster covers the entire gun.  Under NH law would that be considered open or concealed carry?  I want to carry it and don't have a ccw license yet, and I don't want to get busted if that is indeed considered concealed carry.     

KBCraig

Mississippi has the ridiculous stipulation that a gun is concealed if it is "covered in whole, or in part". Plain meaning: if you dangled it by a single length of dental floss, it would be illegally "concealed" by the dental floss.

NH has no such silliness.

doobie

Quote from: KBCraig on April 28, 2009, 12:47 AM NHFT
Mississippi has the ridiculous stipulation that a gun is concealed if it is "covered in whole, or in part". Plain meaning: if you dangled it by a single length of dental floss, it would be illegally "concealed" by the dental floss.

NH has no such silliness.

So basically open carry is illegal there unless you have a concealed license?

KBCraig

Quote from: doobie on April 28, 2009, 11:47 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on April 28, 2009, 12:47 AM NHFT

So basically open carry is illegal there unless you have a concealed license?

Yep.

I stay out of Mississippi for lots of reasons. That's just an example of the attitude that keeps me away.