• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grassroots beginning to the Free State Party

Started by Russell Kanning, January 04, 2009, 11:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacobus

Can we have something about abolition of all police and law enforcement agents? 

That might not be Rothbardian, since he would have supported enforcement of property rights contracts and restitution or whatever, but if there is no tax collector, the state can make taxes as high as it wants.  Without police, it can regulate whatever it wants.

Jacobus

Oh, and shutting down all state-run prisons and letting the inmates go free :-)

Friday

I really can't tell if this is serious or not.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jacobus on January 04, 2009, 07:37 PM NHFT
Can we have something about abolition of all police and law enforcement agents? 
hmmm sounds interesting ... I guess we could discuss the timetable for the official plank ... but if you were running on this issue, you would be welcome in the Free State Party. :)

You can join us in person or communicate over the internet your ideas.

We might have a short list of candidates we can endorse ..... after all they have to have radical, strike-the-root ideas like yours.

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jacobus on January 04, 2009, 07:38 PM NHFT
Oh, and shutting down all state-run prisons and letting the inmates go free :-)
hmmm
I guess it would depend on the office you were running for. You could say you want to shut whatever detention facility is being funded by your government's taxes.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on January 04, 2009, 07:44 PM NHFT
Well .... I was lying that this was brought about by an overwhelming grassroots push ... but I always thought that if you are going to run ... or support others ... why not have radical current goals?

I have found the LP to be very boring (they seem to give in to political correctness), and I gave up on the Republicans a few years ago, and the Democrats are commies, other "liberty" groups are not quite radical enough, so why not hold up the banner of liberty under our own colors?

Our guiding principles would be that we have to always be the most extreme (towards freedom) group and that we never compromise with evildoers. As long as we are pushing as hard as possible, then we are headed in the right direction at the right speed. :)

I think radical ideas appeal to normal people, and can get publicity. So they can possibly help you get elected and educate the public. I am sure this is why other groups (like the LP) have started, they have just morphed over time. If we can remain a party that Thomas Jefferson and Rothbard could give their approving nod to, then we should be safe.

I don't think politics are the solution, but many times people have trouble understanding us ... so why not give them an organization they can relate to.

Some of you who have dealt with similar groups will have good ideas of pitfalls we should avoid.

BTW where on the internet, should we talk about this idea? After a while, we will want others to find us.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 04, 2009, 07:56 PM NHFT
Friday for Radical Rep

many decent folk ran for NH State Rep recently  (many for educational purposes) .... it would be fun to be able to run as an independent with the endorsement of the Free State Party and get out a truly radical freedom message. We also endorse "Mickey Mouse" and frost heaves, since they are better than almost all encumbants. We could have a more entertaining debate and primary process than the donkeys or elephants.

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 04, 2009, 08:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on January 04, 2009, 07:44 PM NHFT
Well .... I was lying that this was brought about by an overwhelming grassroots push ... but I always thought that if you are going to run ... or support others ... why not have radical current goals?

I have found the LP to be very boring (they seem to give in to political correctness), and I gave up on the Republicans a few years ago, and the Democrats are commies, other "liberty" groups are not quite radical enough, so why not hold up the banner of liberty under our own colors?

Our guiding principles would be that we have to always be the most extreme (towards freedom) group and that we never compromise with evildoers. As long as we are pushing as hard as possible, then we are headed in the right direction at the right speed. :)

I think radical ideas appeal to normal people, and can get publicity. So they can possibly help you get elected and educate the public. I am sure this is why other groups (like the LP) have started, they have just morphed over time. If we can remain a party that Thomas Jefferson and Rothbard could give their approving nod to, then we should be safe.

I don't think politics are the solution, but many times people have trouble understanding us ... so why not give them an organization they can relate to.

OK, sign me up.  :D

Russell Kanning

since we don't do politics on this forum .... should we discuss this on the NHLA's forum, or would we we too radical? They might not be able to endorse our candidates, since they are so closely tied to the republicans.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on January 04, 2009, 08:16 PM NHFT
OK, sign me up.  :D
I was thinking this idea would appeal to people such as yourself, since some of my more progressive ideas are harder to get your mind around (like the Shire). I had candidates like Morey in mind when thinking this up. He wanted to have some radical proposals and we could endorse him or have him as an official candidate.

I was also thinking that we could all have nametags that said something like "Chairman" or "Head of the Free State Party". :)

This idea would also appeal to guys that are attracted to the Free State Project and what to be in an "official" group that is also very radically liberty oriented. We can distance ourselves from the other parties and embrace liberty.

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 04, 2009, 08:18 PM NHFT
since we don't do politics on this forum .... should we discuss this on the NHLA's forum, or would we we too radical? They might not be able to endorse our candidates, since they are so closely tied to the republicans.
The first thing I thought of when I started to read this thread was "Gee, ya think the NHLA would actually endorse or give money to a political candidate promoting *true* liberty?" 

I think discussing this on the NHLA forum is a delightful idea.   >:D  Also open to other suggestions.

Pat K

I predict the phrase ruining it for the rest of us,
will be making a big come back.

Tom Sawyer

Ad that the Prez and I produced for Morey. A slightly modified version was run on cable for his campaign.

Friday

Quote from: Pat K on January 04, 2009, 08:36 PM NHFT
I predict the phrase ruining it for the rest of us,
will be making a big come back.
Why, PatK, how could you think such a thing?

I'm going to run for Empress.   :icon_queen:  If elected, I will subjugate the masses in a kinder, gentler manner, feeling their pain and toasting marshmallows in 1000 points of light.