• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grassroots beginning to the Free State Party

Started by Russell Kanning, January 04, 2009, 11:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 14, 2009, 09:46 AM NHFT
any ideas for a better agreement?

Here are some ideas, but I'm not 100% certain I agree with myself  :P

I understand that sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me unless I let them.  I agree that, if I don't like the opinions of other users, I am free to ignore them or to leave. [but I don't think slander should be tolerated, so...?]

I agree not to advocate or promote violence, or to applaud others who are doing so.  The Free State Party is opposed to the initiation of force and fraud.

I agree not to post information about other forum users which may cause the gooberment to pursue and/or harm them. [my thinking here is, for example, if Joe LibertyGuy grows weed or evades taxes, it's not for others to post that in a place where it could cause him to get busted.  Joe is free to post that about himself, though.]

[] I Agree

error

Do you want a serious agreement or a funny serious agreement?

Russell Kanning

I had already cut it down. I like Friday's additions, so I am putting them in.

serious ... and funny is good

Kat Kanning

What's the final word from the volunteers on the registration agreement?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 14, 2009, 11:11 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 14, 2009, 09:46 AM NHFT
any ideas for a better agreement?

I agree to not initiate aggression.
I also like that one ... we might want to go with a really simple one like that.

Friday

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 14, 2009, 02:58 PM NHFT
Works for me (Russell even left in my parenthetical aside  :laughing1:); I'm just waiting to be approved.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on January 14, 2009, 06:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 14, 2009, 02:58 PM NHFT
Works for me (Russell even left in my parenthetical aside  :laughing1:); I'm just waiting to be approved.
woops ... I let you in and will fix it .... the volunteers didn't make me do that one :)

FTL_Ian

memenode

Quote from: dalebert on January 09, 2009, 10:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 09, 2009, 05:36 AM NHFT
it is not up to me ... the volunteers are very insistent that they want and will have the Free State Party

Something tells me the politicos are going to regret two things.

1) Endlessly insisting that the apoliticos get politically active.
2) Complaining that the apoliticos with their "extremist" views are constantly associating themselves with the FSP

:icon_pirat:

You know what Dale,

1. I will never get politically active.
2. I might as well disassociate myself from the FSP then (and encourage other apoliticos to do so) and their little problem is solved.

I think what Russel is doing here is almost ludicrous. I thought he was a voluntaryist. Even if all of this was just a joke I consider it to be a very bad one.

Russel, after so many times being caged for asserting your own rights you come around and start talking their language. I honestly feel that this turn of events is a sign of erosion of this project and this movement. I still want to come to NH though. In fact this motivates me even more to come, but in order to OPPOSE all political action just as I oppose all coercion. I want to start a Voluntaryist Lands Project and proceed with a combination of all kinds of apolitical activity, from building wealth in hands of voluntaryists to sway capital investments in favor of propagandizing voluntaryist ideas to agorism and good old civil disobedience, but no compromise with the state and politics whatsoever is to be principally tolerated.

The only way to win liberty is to de-legitimize government's coercion, NOT to start speaking their language and actually become a part of that same coercive monopoly. Even if you're attempting to do so only to turn it into a non-coercive organization, you're facing a corrupt and self-preserving system in combination with your own potential for corruption (power corrupts). You are seeking power over others in order to stop anyone having power over others.  ::)

I may tolerate other people having different strategies in pursuit of liberty (however they conceptualize it), but I reserve the right to loudly criticize those strategies which I feel are either misleading, harmful or least heinously, inefficient. I also reserve the right to call for competition to such strategies.

I just hope I can come to NH within 2010 at least, cause this shouting over the ocean while being stuck in this statist sh*thole called "croatia" is beginning to annoy (especially when it is beginning to seem like politics is taking over the one project in the world that had the potential to empower people to stand up to politics).

Russell Kanning

this guy is stealing my ls and is going to break up my evil plan to use politics to free us all? .... the volunteers are going to be steaming

Friday

Now I'm confused... is Russell ruining it for the rest of us... or is gu3st ruining it for Russel?   :dontknow:

dalebert

Quote from: gu3st on January 16, 2009, 07:58 PM NHFT
Even if all of this was just a joke I consider it to be a very bad one.

Oh, I don't know. It's kind of a good joke.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on January 16, 2009, 10:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: gu3st on January 16, 2009, 07:58 PM NHFT
Even if all of this was just a joke I consider it to be a very bad one.

Oh, I don't know. It's kind of a good joke.

very good joke
so is thinking that politics can solve anything
so are the republican and democrate parties

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on January 16, 2009, 10:18 PM NHFT
Now I'm confused... is Russell ruining it for the rest of us... or is gu3st ruining it for Russel?   :dontknow:
both
mutually assured destruction