• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grassroots beginning to the Free State Party

Started by Russell Kanning, January 04, 2009, 11:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Rumor has it there will be radical candidates running in the city council race this year in Keene...

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Friday on January 04, 2009, 09:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 04, 2009, 08:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on January 04, 2009, 08:50 PM NHFT
I'm going to run for Empress.   :icon_queen:  If elected, I will subjugate the masses in a kinder, gentler manner, feeling their pain and toasting marshmallows in 1000 points of light.
yikes
I think I saw the white lady's face from Lord of the Rings.

"In place of the Dark Lord, you would have a Queen, not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Dawn. Treacherous as the Sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth...all shall love me and despair! "

Yes, that will make a most excellent campaign speech.   :)

....and honest!

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: error on January 05, 2009, 12:56 AM NHFT
Did I wake up in the wrong universe? ???
possibly .... I will have to soon take this discussion somewhere else :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: BagOfEyebrows on January 05, 2009, 05:12 AM NHFT
right universe, wrong timeframe - wish we'd all been around during the founding of this nation.  But maybe that's why we're here now.  To form The Shire?  Chance to get it right. 
I think the differences between a voluntary society and government oppression go deeper than the phrases used in a constitution.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: BagOfEyebrows on January 05, 2009, 05:00 AM NHFT
I can't join the political party, but I like the idea.  Some suggested platforms to add to secession (which I strongly support):
thanks for the ideas

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 05, 2009, 06:32 AM NHFT
Rumor has it there will be radical candidates running in the city council race this year in Keene...

can you point me to a thread on freekeene or something?

ancapagency

Perhaps:

The Shire Party

The Freedom Party

The Voluntary Party

The Granite State Party (Seth Cohn was considering this at one point)

The Radical Party

If you call it the Free State Party, some of those political members of the Free State Project who are engaged in the Republican and Democratic Parties may ruin it for the rest of us, by advocating for some larger continuation of government--and thus give people a mistaken idea about what members of this party stand for.

AntonLee

this project sounds like it could be a fun time. . . I think I know a few people who are not for government that would probably join a very radical party such as this, mostly because there is no where else that would ever take them.

I like Free State Party as much as I like the Freedom Party. 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ancapagency on January 05, 2009, 07:56 AM NHFT
Perhaps:

The Shire Party

If you call it the Free State Party, some of those political members of the Free State Project who are engaged in the Republican and Democratic Parties may ruin it for the rest of us, by advocating for some larger continuation of government--and thus give people a mistaken idea about what members of this party stand for.
The Shire is a voluntary society .... it grows as people join it ... not through party politics.

I am not worried. We will be able to get our radical message out. We can advertise and write letters to our own media outlets that reach much of our audience. As we have seen in the past, the radical elements usually make the noise and get the attention.

I also anticipate that we will get shafted by other political organizations, since they use force and we don't. We can revel in that instead of crying about lack of access to the ballot or debates.

We are the Free State Party .... and we are having a fun. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AntonLee on January 05, 2009, 07:59 AM NHFT
this project sounds like it could be a fun time. . . I think I know a few people who are not for government that would probably join a very radical party such as this, mostly because there is no where else that would ever take them.

I like Free State Party as much as I like the Freedom Party. 
We seem to be reaching our intended audience.

we could also have

"Free State Party"
    "Fan Boy"

t-shirts :)

instead of being known as the party of Lincoln or some such ... we can be the party of Patrick Henry and Thomas Paine

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 05, 2009, 07:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 05, 2009, 06:32 AM NHFT

can you point me to a thread on freekeene or something?

Bureaucrashing the Municipal Election : Ideas?
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=276.0

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 04, 2009, 08:18 PM NHFT
since we don't do politics on this forum .... should we discuss this on the NHLA's forum, or would we we too radical? They might not be able to endorse our candidates, since they are so closely tied to the republicans.

Come on over. ;D

NHLA endorsement for new candidates is done via a questionnaire; for existing candidates, their voting record. And, we're non-partisan, so despite the fact that a lot of NHLA members are Republicans, we will endorse candidates from other parties, e.g., Joel Winters (D) and the several L candidates that ran last year.

BillKauffman

How about resurrecting the "Free Soil Party"?

Their moto was "Free Soil, Free Speech, Free Labor and Free Men"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Soil

NH's Abolitionist Senator John P. Hale was the party's nominee for President in 1852. He was a staunch opponent of Franklin Pierce who he lost the race to. Also, a staunch opponent of the Mexican-American War and one of the first openly anti-slavery Senators. Interestingly, his daughter was married to John Wilkes Booth - Honest Abe's assassin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Hale

You can tell that the country is ripe for a new party because over half the people in New Hampshire don't like either party, and I keep telling the Repuplicans that the party is dead, totally driven into the ground by GWB, and the best way out is to just create a new party. I like the quote that "the Republicans went from the party of Lincoln to the party of winkin'." Myself I kind of like being independent for now.