• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grassroots beginning to the Free State Party

Started by Russell Kanning, January 04, 2009, 11:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BagOfEyebrows

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 05, 2009, 07:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: BagOfEyebrows on January 05, 2009, 05:00 AM NHFT
I can't join the political party, but I like the idea.  Some suggested platforms to add to secession (which I strongly support):
thanks for the ideas

hope they help - I think a new party is a great idea.  You form one and I'll spread it around here in my neck fo the woods.

BagOfEyebrows

Quote from: ancapagency on January 05, 2009, 07:56 AM NHFT
Perhaps:

The Shire Party

The Granite State Party (Seth Cohn was considering this at one point)

those two are really, really good.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Neal Jiutai on January 05, 2009, 01:05 PM NHFT
Russell, I fully support the creation of truly pro-liberty political parties, even if only to make a statement. The more competition, the better.
thanks

QuoteHowever, seriously, I implore you to name it something other than the Free State Party.
Sorry .... the volunteers have spoken.

The Free State Project is decidedly non-endorsing of any political action, much less a political party.
That is why we will not expect an endorsment from them.

An entity named the Free State Party would necessarily be conflated with the Free State Project, and is unarguably named in order to do so. As such, it would make our recruiting efforts and the endeavors of fellow porcupines more difficult.
its a feature :)
People wanted a Free State Party and we are giving it to me.

To speak in your terms, why do such a disservice to fellow voluntaryist/anarchist/non-politicos within the Free State Project by associating and conflating the movement with the very thing they are fighting against?
I don't quite understand .... voluntaryists should be able to distance themselves easily from the Free State Party. Maybe they can be small f's and s's free staters.

Myself, and I'm sure many others, would be happy to assist and participate in such an endeavor, if only it were named something else. Still others would at least remain neutral or open to the idea. But if named the "Free State Party," many more would be compelled to disassociate with such an organization, if not outright oppose it.
actually that is another feature of the Free State Party .... those who are not ready for our style of radical and fun politics will exclude themselves. Some of you guys might be too politically savvy and might be dragged down by our strident stands and sophomoric stunts. We wish you well.

Post Script: Call it the Porcupine Party even, and I'll be glad to help out. Besides, I think that has a better ring to it anyway.
I think that might be a great name for your Party.
as for me "Give me the Free State, or give me death!"

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 05, 2009, 01:09 PM NHFT
It must be politics - the discussion has already devolved into a name debate!   ;)
you are so right .... as soon as you make an organization let alone an extreme libertarian party, you will have debate and conflict. Luckily our current core of volunteers are united under the Free State Party banner. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on January 05, 2009, 01:25 PM NHFT
There are several L candidates missing from the NHLA endorsed list.
didn't we put you in charge of that for the Free State Party? We can avoid those kinds of oversights. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Caleb on January 05, 2009, 01:51 PM NHFT
hmmmmmm.  hasn't russel proposed this idea before?  8)
I have always endorsed the idea, when others have brought it up before. I think I have even jokingly proposed it before.
But I figure why not actually do it and have fun in the process. It will inspire and tweak all the right people.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AntonLee on January 05, 2009, 02:35 PM NHFTI would hope that the NHLA supported the MOST liberty loving people as opposed to someone who 'could win' from one of the lame parties.

Did the NHLA support the Mayor Frank Guinta?  From what I've read of him he's quite a weasel.
we can't change the NHLA, but we can support the good guys with the Free State Party

I am afraid the volunteers say that Guinta is too closely tied to the establishment to pass the rigorous Free State Party test.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 05, 2009, 05:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on January 05, 2009, 02:35 PM NHFT
Did the NHLA support the Mayor Frank Guinta?  From what I've read of him he's quite a weasel.
I am afraid the volunteers say that Guinta is too closely tied to the establishment to pass the rigorous Free State Party test.
His tirade over a state rep voting in favor of marijuana reform comes to mind - trying to get them fired if I recall.

Russell Kanning

after a little while the volunteers will have a website and forum up for us to enjoy ... until then we can tempt fate and hope the forum nazis don't catch us talking politics.

I just can't drag down anyone (like the NHLA) with our crazy plans.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AntonLee on January 05, 2009, 02:35 PM NHFT
Did the NHLA support the Mayor Frank Guinta? 

As far as I know the NHLA is mostly about State politics and doesn't do much in the area of local politics.  It's possible that some members of the NHLA supported Guinta for Mayor.

Russell Kanning

oh
I guess the Free State Party will be concerned with anything effecting NH residents and those who live in the Shire

FTL_Ian

Is the Free State Party going to actually "register" as a in-the-system party?

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 05, 2009, 08:42 PM NHFT
::)

It's a test.  If he says yes, I suggest taking his temperature - something is truly awry.   :o

dalebert

Russell, you realize you're supposed to do this on April 1st, right?