• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grassroots beginning to the Free State Party

Started by Russell Kanning, January 04, 2009, 11:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

error

Russell Kanning

if you want to make it happen, then you choose the time

Mike Barskey

One of the volunteers has made the first Free State Party T-shirt (actually a "Vote No" shirt, but with "TheFreeStateParty.com" at the bottom). It's not "Don't Vote," but "Vote No" is a pretty good philosophy: if everything the government tries to do is voted down, the government does nothing. :)

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 18, 2009, 10:18 PM NHFT
if you want to make it happen, then you choose the time

I will party tomorrow night. Perhaps some people will join me. :)

dalebert

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 18, 2009, 11:21 PM NHFT
One of the volunteers has made the first Free State Party T-shirt (actually a "Vote No" shirt, but with "TheFreeStateParty.com" at the bottom). It's not "Don't Vote," but "Vote No" is a pretty good philosophy: if everything the government tries to do is voted down, the government does nothing. :)

Voting IN a broken system is voting FOR a broken system. There is no such thing as a "no" vote. They are all "yes" votes.

Tom Sawyer

Ok I guess we can mark Dale down in the category of No, no means Yes, yes!

Russell Kanning

I guess Dale will not be joining us. I understand. I didn't help start the party for people such as yourself. :)

Mike Barskey

I don't know about that. First: I agree with him. Voting no still implies that your vote should have control over others (what about the people who want the vote to be yes?). I think true freedom and voluntaryism means not voting to control others, either with a "yes" or a "no" vote. Second: He didn't say he wasn't interested in joining the Free State Party, he just described his view of a "no" vote. Assuming he is interested, are there other ways he can participate?

Russell Kanning

AntonLee

he COULD still campaign and at the very least help someone who was a voluntaryist who ran for some job in order to push for elimination of the government. 

Mike Barskey

Right. Are there other things a volunteer can do besides vote "no?"

Russell Kanning

I wasn't telling dale to vote. I wasn't thinking he should join our party.
Others will want to join, who want to practice radical politics.

Dale's t-shirts are different

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 20, 2009, 07:45 PM NHFT
I wasn't telling dale to vote. I wasn't thinking he should join our party.
Others will want to join, who want to practice radical politics.

Dale's t-shirts are different

I misunderstood. But I may have misunderstood Dale, too, so I'll let you two hash it out. :)

Mike Barskey

Irony: The ad at the bottom of this thread at the moment is for www.vote-nobody.com