• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to build a house in 1 day

Started by Pat K, January 05, 2009, 11:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

AntonLee

Lloyd Danforth

I noticed that they were showing no fear about the snow, Pat.

ColdSoul

Very cool and affordable it seems! Sad it doesn't have a little more things to make it livable from the start, but that's not a show stopper for me or a lot of people.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: ColdSoul on January 06, 2009, 12:09 PM NHFT
Sad it doesn't have a little more things to make it livable from the start, but that's not a show stopper for me or a lot of people.

For ease of construction: yeah. But these are so cheap it makes it worth it even without an interior.

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 06, 2009, 06:31 AM NHFT
I noticed that they were showing no fear about the snow, Pat.

I have no fear of snow Lloyd.

I just think it sucks !!!!!!!

Lumpy

I can see a porc village...  anyone?
All you need is land.  These things ain't that expensive.

dalebert

12 acres in Swanzey is going for < $100k right now. There are two plots like that actually that I know of. How many trailers can you fit on that? Could it become a sort of libertarian HOA? How many people could raise maybe $10k to chip in toward it? Maybe eight would be enough to make an offer.

Mike Barskey

And check out these tiny and pretty inexpensive things: Bungalow In A Box.

Puke

Neat. Add a garage and you're really set.

AntonLee

get a bunch of people and you could have your own city.  I always wanted a big chunk of land I could call Defiant

Lumpy

Quote from: dalebert on January 10, 2009, 08:42 AM NHFT
12 acres in Swanzey is going for < $100k right now. There are two plots like that actually that I know of. How many trailers can you fit on that? Could it become a sort of libertarian HOA? How many people could raise maybe $10k to chip in toward it? Maybe eight would be enough to make an offer.

How do you like the sound of "Mr. President of the Anarchistic Home Owner's Association of Swanze" Dale?

Free libertarian

If anyone is serious about a house like this come to Grafton, I will provide labor for for a day or two for warm beer and cold pizza.

ArvinJA

Quote from: AntonLee on January 10, 2009, 04:48 PM NHFT
get a bunch of people and you could have your own city.  I always wanted a big chunk of land I could call Defiant
But I get to name the actual houses. LIBERTY HUTS! Remember that.
This seems very affordable, if I ever figure out how to move to NH, I have to buy one of these, would be fun to do the wiring and so on myself.
I like warm and cozy though, I wonder what type of heating would be the best alternative.
I'm thinking a house like that, solar panels and a private well would be awesome if one wants to avoid government.
I'm sure one could even set up a village in secret with these.

slim

The prefab and modular houses is a great way to build cheep but good construction homes. Since most of the construction is done in a factory the quality is increased, the quantity is increased, the injuries and labor needed is decreased.