• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visit a park in Manchester after 11PM or before 7AM

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 27, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

William

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 24, 2008, 09:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: oscar_swede on September 24, 2008, 09:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 21, 2008, 11:26 AM NHFT
At 10:45 p.m. that night a group of us will again gather outside the park.  We'll first vioate the city ordinance that says you can't jog without a blaze orange vest.   Then we'll enter the park after curfew and repeat our litter-removing activities.  Since this is the fifth event in a "constructive disobedience series," I will harmlessly violate at least *five* bad laws or rules (in the absence of illness or emergency).  Besides breaching the victimless crime ordinances against jogging and being in the park, I'll hold a puppet show without a license, place trash into milk containers and hire a person for less than minimum wage.

So how did things work out in the park?

Are you serious that those things are all considered crimes? I thought the Swedish government was good at making up bad laws, but these are all just downright silly. I was actually laughing out loud when I read this post.

They ignored us again. At least 3–4 cop cars drove by.

Best possible outcome.?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: William on September 25, 2008, 04:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 24, 2008, 09:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: oscar_swede on September 24, 2008, 09:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 21, 2008, 11:26 AM NHFT
At 10:45 p.m. that night a group of us will again gather outside the park.  We'll first vioate the city ordinance that says you can't jog without a blaze orange vest.   Then we'll enter the park after curfew and repeat our litter-removing activities.  Since this is the fifth event in a "constructive disobedience series," I will harmlessly violate at least *five* bad laws or rules (in the absence of illness or emergency).  Besides breaching the victimless crime ordinances against jogging and being in the park, I'll hold a puppet show without a license, place trash into milk containers and hire a person for less than minimum wage.

So how did things work out in the park?

Are you serious that those things are all considered crimes? I thought the Swedish government was good at making up bad laws, but these are all just downright silly. I was actually laughing out loud when I read this post.

They ignored us again. At least 3–4 cop cars drove by.

Best possible outcome.?

From the "ignore us and we win" perspective, certainly. But there's also merit in finally having a confrontation and making them enforce these idiotic laws: Them ignoring us doesn't help to expose the evil of their system. And without doing so, and then us using such to try and get rid of these laws, they can just go about enforcing them arbitrarily against everyone else except us.

I'm torn on which I think is the better outcome.

FTL_Ian

Perhaps the next CD should occur in front of the police station?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 26, 2008, 07:46 PM NHFT
Perhaps the next CD should occur in front of the police station?

It almost does. The station is visible from the park. (And the courthouse abuts the park.)