• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 27, 2005, 06:53 PM NHFT
Time is short, but this would be a good opportunity for CD:

http://smokeoutamerica.ca/

Lloyd should show up at the Boston protest with his big Bong.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 29, 2005, 12:34 AM NHFT
You're definitely the creative one when it comes to press coverage.? ?I'd do the dress up as Gandhi thing, but I prefer to be myself.? Or at least I like to think so.? ;)? Civil disobedience, fasting, noncooperation, living simply, forgiveness, truth, and celibacy are fairly new concepts to me, but that's who I am now.

I'll gladly dress up as Gandhi some day by spinning my own thread and wearing only clothes that I have created, but I have not learned how to do this yet.? I really don't see what's so strange about that - it was normal a few generations ago, and may become normal again some day soon.? Creating more of what we use and saving more of what we earn is true capitalism.

Just remember that the time you use to "create more of what we use" is time that you take away from other activities - opportunity cost?

Yes, the ability to do these things are important for a time when the items are not available, or are too expensive to buy, but when they are available at a low cost you would probably be better off using that time on other things.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: TN-FSP on August 29, 2005, 01:42 AM NHFT

Lloyd should show up at the Boston protest with his big Bong.

I will be in Boston at MassCann Hempfest on September 17, with my 9 foot joint.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

No, and, I have to be careful to keep it hidden from all these Jamacians that live around me.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 28, 2005, 09:06 PM NHFT
Then the person with the newly shaved head dons a Gandhi oufit themselves and goes off to break a second unjust law?

I like the chain of civil disobedience idea

especially if it benefited the next person (like a cheap haircut)

pay it forward
8)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 29, 2005, 12:34 AM NHFTCivil disobedience, fasting, noncooperation, living simply, forgiveness, truth, and celibacy are fairly new concepts to me, but that's who I am now.

I have one problem with this list

Russell Kanning

Maybe we can do things that don't get you thrown in jail .... so more people can participate 8)

Like the manicure or haircut idea .... if it wasn't in front of their office ..... or make fun of some silly laws (like toe tapping)

Kat could continue Mike Fisher's outlaw manicure .... by giving me a $1 unlicensed haircut

I could then go sell some alcohol to a 20 year old (like JP)

.... then

We will not be hurting anyone .... instead helping them :D

Lloyd Danforth

I'm not so sure that Mike giving you a haircut would help you ;)
Perhaps he should practice on Ridley!

Kat Kanning

Quote from: russellkanning on August 29, 2005, 07:09 AM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 29, 2005, 12:34 AM NHFTCivil disobedience, fasting, noncooperation, living simply, forgiveness, truth, and celibacy are fairly new concepts to me, but that's who I am now.

You sure do!  ;D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 29, 2005, 06:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: TN-FSP on August 29, 2005, 01:42 AM NHFT

Lloyd should show up at the Boston protest with his big joint.

I will be in Boston at MassCann Hempfest on September 17, with my 9 foot joint.

I know.? And that is why I'm saying you should be at the Sep. 10th event with your joint.? Hand out FSP matches and legalize pot flyers.

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on August 29, 2005, 07:09 AM NHFT

Fasting?  Or celibacy?   ;)

Kat Kanning