• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Another idea: 

Making and delivering a fake i.d. openly, in front of an appropriate government building, maybe to protest real id.    This could start to make the point that in today's surveillance state,  fake I.D.'s are becoming potentially a good thing which harmless and likable people want, to protect their privacy.  It could make the point that not everyone who wants one is an underage drinker or harmful criminal.

Think of how many times you wished you could just show someone an ID that had a fictitious person's name off of it, to keep your location and activities from being monitored and recorded.

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: DadaOrwell on June 25, 2006, 02:18 PM NHFT
Another idea might be dressing up like the Robert DeNiro character from the movie Brazil... the "guerilla repairman"

Fly into someone's house on a bungie cord or something and perform an unauthorized repair.
I haven't seen that movie, but last week I mowed several lawns on my street one night with my (quiet, human powered) reel mower.  I don't think any of the residents saw or heard me.  I don't think that would qualify as CD though.  For me it was just doing an anonymous kind act.

Dreepa

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on July 26, 2006, 02:44 PM NHFT
[my (quiet, human powered) reel mower. 
My wife said I am the only crazy person with a reel mower.

Bruehound

Quote from: Dreepa on July 26, 2006, 03:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Defender of Liberty on July 26, 2006, 02:44 PM NHFT
[my (quiet, human powered) reel mower. 
My wife said I am the only crazy person with a reel mower.

Add me to the list of Reel Mower owners. I love mine. :P

Russell Kanning

Dreepa

My problem is that I have an acre... and when the grass gets really long it totally sucks.... That is why I now mow a portion every day. ;D

Reel Mowers of the World Unite.

KBCraig

My trees are what keep me from using a reel mower. I have pine cones, gumballs, and a continuous shower of small limbs still being shed from an ice storm in December 2000.

But you'll be happy to know that we use them at the prison.  ;)

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on July 27, 2006, 02:59 AM NHFT

That does make me happy.
Or better yet can we free the ones who didn't commit any 'crimes' and make the other ones use scissors?

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on July 27, 2006, 09:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on July 27, 2006, 02:59 AM NHFT

That does make me happy.
Or better yet can we free the ones who didn't commit any 'crimes' and make the other ones use scissors?

Nothing would make me happier than to set free the drug users and "illegal" immigrants, so that we could focus on having the baby rapers clean floors and toilets with toothbrushes (preferably their own), and manicure the lawns with kindergarten safety scissors.

There's one fellow who gave his five year old niece gonorrhea. Another who raped his own daughters from the age of 3 on up to 10. The cases involving step-kids or strangers are just too numerous to go into.

Keeping with the topic, I can think of a good use for those reel mowers...

Kevin

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on July 27, 2006, 11:40 AM NHFT

There's one fellow who gave his five year old niece gonorrhea. Another who raped his own daughters from the age of 3 on up to 10. The cases involving step-kids or strangers are just too numerous to go into.

Fuckers like that .....damn!  Is it true that other prisoners  beat/rape/mess with  these scum?

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on July 27, 2006, 01:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on July 27, 2006, 11:40 AM NHFT

Fuckers like that .....damn!  Is it true that other prisoners  beat/rape/mess with  these scum?

In the state systems, yes. In the federal system, we've reached a critical mass where such scum are "just another inmate".

From a professional point of view, that's a good thing. We treat all inmates firmly, fairly, and consistently, and are responsible for their safety and wellbeing.

From a personal point of view... well, sometimes it's best we don't let our personal feelings come into play.

Kevin

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: Dreepa on July 27, 2006, 12:55 AM NHFT
My problem is that I have an acre... and when the grass gets really long it totally sucks.... That is why I now mow a portion every day. ;D

Reel Mowers of the World Unite.
My first mower was gas powered, but since I had to do maintenance on it almost every time I used it, I sold it a few months later and bought the reel mower in 1998.  I haven't had to do any maintenance on it since I bought it.  If the grass gets too long, I use a swing blade, which is also human powered and quiet.  It's easier to just cut the grass with a reel mower about once a week.  I used to use scissors to trim around the edges.  Now I just let it grow.  The hill next to my side lawn has a lot of wildflowers growing on it, so I leave it alone.  (It reminds me of the fields that used to be across the street from the farm I lived at when I was a kid.)

Pat McCotter

Well, when we finally get our property you'd better keep those things out of it. We want the wildflowers to grow thick.

Also, God is really upset about lawns:

Lawns & God
GOD: St. Francis, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down there in the USA? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle and stuff I started eons ago? I had a perfect, no-maintenance garden plan. Those plants grow in any type of soil, withstand drought and multiply with abandon. The nectar from the long lasting blossoms attracts butterflies, honeybees and flocks of songbirds. I expected to see a vast garden of colors by now. But all I see are these green rectangles.

ST. FRANCIS: It's the tribes that settled there, Lord. The Suburbanites. They started calling your flowers weeds and went to great lengths to kill them and replace them with grass.

GOD: Grass? But it's so boring. It's not colorful. It doesn't attract butterflies, birds and bees, only grubs and sod worms. It's temperamental with temperatures. Do these Suburbanites really want all that grass growing there?

ST. FRANCIS: Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep it green. They begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any other plant that crops up in the lawn.

GOD: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast. That must make the Suburbanites happy.

ST. FRANCIS: Apparently not, Lord. As soon as it grows a little, they cut it, sometimes twice a week.

GOD: They cut it? Do they then bale it like hay?

ST. FRANCIS: Not exactly Lord. Most of them rake it up and put it in bags.

GOD: They bag it? Why? Is it a cash crop? Do they sell it?

ST. FRANCIS: No, sir -- just the opposite. They pay to throw it away.

GOD: Now, let me get this straight. They fertilize grass so it will grow. And when it does grow, they cut it off and pay to throw it away?

ST. FRANCIS: Yes, sir.

GOD: These Suburbanites must be relieved in the summer when we cut back on the rain and turn up the heat. That surely slows the growth and saves them a lot of work.

ST. FRANCIS: You aren't going to believe this, Lord. When the grass stops growing so fast, they drag out hoses and pay more money to water it so they can continue to mow it and pay to get rid of it.

GOD: What nonsense. At least they kept some of the trees. That was a sheer stoke of genius, if I do say so myself. The trees grow leaves in the spring to provide beauty and shade in the summer. In the autumn they fall to the ground and form a natural blanket to keep moisture in the soil and protect the trees and bushes. Plus, as they rot, the leaves form compost to enhance the soil. It's a natural circle of life.

ST. FRANCIS: You'd better sit down, Lord. The Suburbanites have drawn a new circle. As soon as the leaves fall, they rake them into great piles and pay to have them hauled away.

GOD: No. What do they do to protect the shrub and tree roots in the winter and to keep the soil moist and loose?

ST. FRANCIS: After throwing away the leaves, they go out and buy something which they call mulch. They haul it home and spread it around in place of the leaves.

GOD: And where do they get this mulch?

ST. FRANCIS: They cut down trees and grind them up to make the mulch.

GOD: Enough! I don't want to think about this anymore. St. Catherine, you're in charge of the arts. What movie have you scheduled for us tonight?

ST. CATHERINE: Dumb and Dumber, Lord. It's a real stupid movie about ...

GOD: Never mind, I think I just heard the whole story from St. Francis.

Pat K

:)  Thats goes along with my theory of leaves= They have been falling on the ground for millions of years and never bothered any one, I just let them fall were they may.

Dave Ridley

Here is another civil dis idea russell inspired with his talk of figuratively breaking lauren out of jail...

How about, at some point in the future, when a freedom lover is wrongly jailed....a symbolic visit to a jail with a nail file or pliers or what not....

If they arrest you, then you make the news.  If they don't, you walk in and start filing down the first set of bars you can find.  :)