• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

How about a small stakes (penny ante?) poker game outdoors in public? It's a way to have several people participate at once.

Kat Kanning

They did that in Keene.  The Keene police ignored it, though they were right there.

They say "well we have to arrest you, it's the law" but they look they other way when it suits them.

http://www.newhampshirefreepress.com/NHFreePress/?q=node/82

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Free libertarian on June 03, 2008, 06:56 AM NHFT
How about a small stakes (penny ante?) poker game outdoors in public? It's a way to have several people participate at once.

According to a police officer, it's literally too small for the law to care about. It'd have to involve more serious amounts of money.

Russell Kanning

nothing is too small if they decide they want to hurt you

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 06, 2008, 07:15 AM NHFT
nothing is too small if they decide they want to hurt you

But that's the excuse they can use to keep ignoring stuff like this.

John Edward Mercier

Actually some things are...
They continually complain that the DA refuses to prosecute... and the courts/juries refuse to find guilty certain crimes. I've even heard legislators complain that they're making laws no one intends to comply with or enforce.

William

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on June 08, 2008, 12:25 PM NHFT
They continually complain that the DA refuses to prosecute... and the courts/juries refuse to find guilty certain crimes. I've even heard legislators complain that they're making laws no one intends to comply with or enforce.

They're definitely making laws that I don't plan to comply with.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: William on June 08, 2008, 09:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on June 08, 2008, 12:25 PM NHFT

They're definitely making laws that I don't plan to comply with.

Most of them?

John Edward Mercier

I don't think the Legislature is worried about the non-compliance as much as the non-enforcement.

William

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on July 03, 2008, 07:58 AM NHFT
I don't think the Legislature is worried about the non-compliance as much as the non-enforcement.

They should be worried about both. People will begin to realize how worthless more laws really are and by extension, legislators.

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

"misuse" a milk crate

fix nashua park (see original post for link)

"askifICare (9 hours ago)
Yipes look out. The Nashua,NH city attorney has indicated that volunteers need to get the permission of the director of parks and rec to do things like this.

The city unions have written letters to the local paper saying that volunteers are not properly trained to cut grass or fix a baseball field and that it will result in a safety hazard.
If the video was shot in Nashua I am sure we would hear the cries of the union saying kids will get hung on these untrained nets. "

Pat K

"misuse" a milk crate

They were giving out tickets for this in NYC.

Pat McCotter

From Australia March 23, 2005
===========================================================
Milk crates
To borrow a phrase from Ikea, milk crates make ideal storage solutions. They're also handy to sit, sleep or stand on to catch an eyeful of parades and concerts. In fact, so useful are milk crates that Dairy Farmers estimates more than 700,000 go missing in NSW every year. And they're not happy about it.

Janet Saunders, strategic consultant for corporate affairs at Dairy Farmers, says it costs $3 million a year to replace missing crates. The company's Milk Crate Recovery Program aims to "raise public awareness about the theft and misuse of our milk crates".

There's even a telephone hotline (1800 883 534) for people to report where they have seen crates.

One way of stopping people from pinching milk crates is to redesign them so they cannot be sat or stood on or used for storage. Design students at the University of Technology, Sydney, have been working on collapsible crates with tracking devices.

Don't expect change any time soon, though. "Milk crates are the most effective and environmentally friendly way to deliver our milk," Saunders says. - Andrew Taylor

Pat K

WXII12.com - News - 'Blame Bloomberg': N.Y. Man Ticketed For Sitting On Milk Crate

NEW YORK—It appears the New York City budget crunch has police writing tickets for things that are moving and not moving.

A Bronx man told the Daily News that he was given a ticket for sitting on a milk crate outside the hair salon where he works on the Grand Councourse.

The ticket says "unauthorized use of a milk crate." The fine was not immediately known.