• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: russellkanning on September 04, 2005, 07:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on September 04, 2005, 07:21 AM NHFTDoing something that shows their basic incompetence would be good, I would think. But what?

whip up a storm?

Bumper sticker thought:

Shut Up!
THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS BEST
Don't Question Anything

John

John

Government Always Protects Us
Just Ask The Folks In _______
Fill in The Blank!

polyanarch

It's something we used to say on the old "Smith 2004-for president yahoo group"

FTL_Ian

Hmm.. I was just listening to one of my archives, where we mentioned that NHFree was planning a public social security card burning this summer.  What happened to that one?

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Seems like an easy, poweful disobedience that several people could participate in.

Michael Fisher

I say we hold a public diploma burning / learning event to prove that knowledge is as free as the air.  Burn high school diplomas and read out of books of vast knowledge, wisdom, and art at the same time.  Books to read could be Newton, Einstein, Thoreau, Twain, Shakespeare, Plato, Galileo, Darwin, Copernicus, the Bible, Kant, Aristotle, Planck, Descartes, Maynard's new book, Thomas Paine, Kepler, Pythagoras, Jefferson, Spooner, Mises, etc.

Real knowledge is free.  As free as the air we breathe, the sunlight that shines, the rain that falls, and the dirt beneath our feet.  Anyone can learn.  ANYONE!

Government "diplomas" are only another method of control.  Knowledge is not a mass-manufactured product to be rationed to foolish, ignorant people.  Genius is as common as water, but it is crushed out of us under the weight of those forced learning concentration camps they call schools.

Michael Fisher

But rather than destroying government diplomas with fire, let's destroy them with water somehow.   ;)

FTL_Ian

Destroy *something*!  We need more stuff to talk about from NH besides this doctor being sued!

Michael Fisher

How about a protest related to forced institutionalization?

One Hundred ADAPT Activists Arrested at the White House
http://www.freeourpeople.org/aar/wdc03/rpt2a.htm

Dave Ridley

OK then, since it appears that action and activity are lacking, and since there is no consensus right now regarding a civil disobedience path:

here is what I suggest we do this month that is simple and doable and will at least give us...something to do!

A protest on September19th in front of Hampton Town Hall at 6:30 P...   to remind local officials that we have not forgotten Myrtle Woodward and the town's continued persecution fo her family for the crime of having a sink in a rec room.

Their town meeting should start a half hour later that evening so even if no media shows, the town leaders and local drivers will see us. 

Their hearing comes up a couple weeks later (supposedly - the city keeps asking to have the date pushed back) but why wait? 

In the absence of objections I will put this on the calendar.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 05, 2005, 03:32 AM NHFT
How about a protest related to forced institutionalization?

One Hundred ADAPT Activists Arrested at the White House
http://www.freeourpeople.org/aar/wdc03/rpt2a.htm

How about consetrating on New Hampshire.