• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

What do you think is the best act of civil disobedience a person could do in New Hampshire?

----

edit:

Here's a summary of the ideas we had after the above question was posted, and some other ideas too.  I'll continue updating the summary from time to time.

serve wine to underage Iraq war vet in front of an appropriate state office
operate pocket bike on a quiet public road
fish w/o license
hand out petition for redress of grievances at IRS office inside
hand out ron paul literature at IRS office inside

sell sales-taxable items without adding the tax  ( i.e. sell meals in front of state house )
occupy a home or business threatened with Eminent Domain seizure, or one which has already been seized
occupy a home or business threatened with tax seizure
set up a sales kiosk on the 34 west property in keene (citizens voted to sell it in 06 but the school board won't).
do some type of licensed business w/o license
spend liberty dollars in front of fed bldg - not illegal but the Mint says it is
establish "free zone"  inside a property targetted for seizure

walk up to Post Office anti gun signs ... and adding the rest of the law to one of them....the part that says you *can* carry guns into post  offices
cc jail visit
melt a penney or nickel outside a fed building
Plant industrial hemp seeds in front of an appropriate bureaucracy
Light or puff a joint in front of an appropriate bureaucracy
Demonstrate inside the DEA or some other jackboot-friendly bureaucracy
Take piece of hard candy to Elaine Brown in Plainfield ( they're already getting resupplied I think but the difference in this case would be informing the authorities in advance).
Police Checkpoint civil dis - half the fun would be spreading out and finding it LOL
  - could be replicated at Federal checkpoint on the interstate
FIJA disobedience (maybe enter a court with literature for the jurors or stand at entrance with "Jurors may overrule Judges" sign).
Hire a worker for below minimum wage ... in front of the appropriate government office
Hire a worker below minimum *age*...in front of the appropriate government office
Audio-record a cop (whoops looks like this is legal)

Maybe also some other kind of disobedience related to ron paul?  someone suggested arrests at a democrat reps office who voted to continue the iraqupation.
parent serving small amount of wine to son or daughter who's a minor
Alter a U.S. coin:  http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Silver_Surfer_Coin.html
sell cold meds w/o requiring ID, or in unapproved quantities (I think four bottles would do it!)
Play poker for money, with friends, in front of relevant state bureaucracy
Get married before the state three day waiting period in front of the relevant bureaucracy.
Stage a demonstration outside a funeral (with the approval of the funeralgoers.  Not sure if that would be illegal in this context)

Attempt to place a FIJA.org banner on a courthouse, or to chalk the FIJA URL on a courthouse
Attempt to chalk a V on a government building
"Structure" a financial transaction to "conceal" its amount; (buy three postal money orders at just below the minimum reporting amount)
drive with heavy window tint to right and left of driver
play a game of lawn darts....illegal now in the u.s. apparently
think of some way to violate 10 federal nanny laws in 10 minutes, in front of a fed building.  can it be done?
make a fire on own property with five fire extinguishers present, but no permit
selling Polar Pure water purification kit without requiring ID, in front of DEA building

buy something with a liberty dollar
allow someone to smoke inside your business
refusal to accept Fed dollar.
pick some sort of flower from a national forest that you're  not supposed to.
take a lawful unloaded firearm into a national park
step across the mass border with a round of ammo in your pocket but no gun license - warning...i've heard this is a one year penalty.  probably not worth it jus to trya and help that hopeless place!
drive without an ID
drive without a license plate, or with a placebo plate
selling incandescent light bulbs after the fed ban in 2012 - or sooner if the state bans them sooner (there is a bill at the state house 2008)
refusal to pay one or more taxes

give out loans at a 37% annual interest rate after Jan 1 2009 in New Hampshire (not positive this would be an arrestable offense...might just result in revocation of some license.

attempt to board an aircraft on or after may 11 using a new hampshire drivers license, without submitting to whatever rules Homeland Security begins imposing on that DL.

attempt to carry a sign or videotape near a TSA checkpoint
attempt to tag along with a controversial bureaucrat or agency for a day documenting their activities.
and...the current front runner:   conduct an illegal puppet show!

idling a car for over 30 minutes when the temperature is between zero and 32 degrees.  class A misdemeanor under state law apparently! One could put three homeless people, or just friends, in the car and heat them up.   that way you'd be doing something constructive not just harmless.  any ways you can think of to make such an act even more constructive and harmless? something that could minize any pollution that might result?

carrying an industrial hemp seed
planting an industrial hemp seed (?)

placing window tint over a certain density, on certain car windows

also...remember gandhi's dandi salt march?  Where he walked from one part of india to another and made illegal salt at the ocean?    i wonder if there is something like that we could do here...

ignore city attorney in nashua's order that you need permission to fix parks:
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=OD3jIULO8wo

clean litter off white mountains without permit
clear seaweed off beach

pan a camera in keene courtroom:
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=15211.0

try to deliver, in person, a newspaper to a jail that has banned it

go to a city or town hall and put up a poster that has a mug shot of some particularly bad politicain or bureaucrat...along with the words "enemy of the people" or something along those lines

jog in manchester without wearing blaze orange
try to enter a jail with a camera
tour guiding without license

openly attempt to bring any recording device or cell phone into Federal district court in concord
openly attempt to bring a camera into hillsborough district court - into the area between the metal detector and the courtroom itself.  They've told me it's not allowed, though in the courtroom you're fine given one day's notice

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Good question Dave.
While I applaud the individual efforts at Civil didobedience and ?the attention it has brought. ?I think mass CD would be more effective.
When the average, unenlightened individual, whose attention is what, I imagine we are trying to get, hears of an individual getting busted as a protest against an existing law, (the individual might know anything about) they, often, think: 'Nut job'!
When they hear that 3 ?or 4 hundred people were publically violating some law, they are going to ask themselves , "what is it about this law that caused this number of people to stop what they were doing and come out and protest it"
The above is probably the most important reason we need thousands of activists, not, studying legislation and testifying.

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Yes, but:

The state exists. It performs functions, most of which it probably shouldn't, by it's own constitution. But, its there and it need funds to do this stuff. 

You can work at cutting back functions and reducing the tax burden.

You can starve the beast.

300 or so people who may all get the nerve to withold taxes will not starve the beast or even get it's attention.

20,000 wouldn't starve it, but, might get it's attention.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 28, 2005, 10:52 AM NHFTThe state exists. It performs functions, most of which it probably shouldn't, by it's own constitution. But, its there and it need funds to do this stuff.

if it needs funds ... then it has to be impaired if you withhold some :D

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on August 28, 2005, 11:07 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 28, 2005, 10:52 AM NHFTThe state exists. It performs functions, most of which it probably shouldn't, by it's own constitution. But, its there and it need funds to do this stuff.

if it needs funds ... then it has to be impaired if you withhold some :D

Yes, Russell.  You've impaired it .0000000000000001%!  But, I admit, you're doing your part!

Michael Fisher

Withholding taxes, like Russell, is a moral obligation for any free person, in my opinion.? The only reason I pay taxes is because my wife will leave me if I do not.

Kat's right.? Nonviolent noncooperation must usually begin with a few individuals, and it already has.

But Lloyd's probably right as well.? Maybe it's time to organize more people for the next one.? Unfortunately, there are few of us in this world educated enough about the true nature of government that are willing to do it.? We have broken through countless barriers around us and within us, and freed our own souls.? I'm not willing to sit around and wait for everyone else to figure it out.

Dave Ridley

Here are some brainstorms; what do you guys think of them:

Dressing up as Gandhi and shaving someone's head for money in front of the board of barbering?  Then the person with the newly shaved head dons a Gandhi oufit themselves and goes off to break a second unjust law?

Dressing up as Gandhi and riding a pocket bike on a public street? 

"                     "     and appearing at an oppresive government office for the purpose of gently interfering with their operations?

Michael Fisher

You're definitely the creative one when it comes to press coverage.   I'd do the dress up as Gandhi thing, but I prefer to be myself.  Or at least I like to think so.  ;)  Civil disobedience, fasting, noncooperation, living simply, forgiveness, truth, and celibacy are fairly new concepts to me, but that's who I am now.

I'll gladly dress up as Gandhi some day by spinning my own thread and wearing only clothes that I have created, but I have not learned how to do this yet.  I really don't see what's so strange about that - it was normal a few generations ago, and may become normal again some day soon.  Creating more of what we use and saving more of what we earn is true capitalism.