• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke S

Quote from: highline on May 11, 2008, 07:43 AM NHFT
i must confess... i did shine a laser pointer at myself once whilst on-duty.

:o

Wait a minute, you're a cop?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Luke S on May 11, 2008, 07:51 AM NHFT

Yeah, and he doesn't think that pot smokers should be used as slave labor to build your wall Herr Luke.  ;D

Luke S

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 11, 2008, 08:06 AM NHFT

Yeah, and he doesn't think that pot smokers should be used as slave labor to build your wall Herr Luke.  ;D

To be honest, I'll admit that I'm not getting my hopes up that any state will agree to my proposal regarding sentencing those guilty of drug possession to building the border wall. It seems like beyond the death penalty for (a few) murderers, there are really only two punishments for crimes in this country: fines and incarceration. Everything else has been declared "cruel and unusual" by all the bleeding hearts. (Of course it goes without saying that such declarations are usually a bunch of BS.) Of course there is still community service, but as far as I know that's limited to extremely easy things like picking up trash. It's a shame, really.

Luke S

Oh, and once again for the record, it's not slave labor, it's community service.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 09, 2008, 08:22 PM NHFT
"Reasonable" public safety laws aren't something we're going after—yet, at least...
we're not doing what?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: feralfae on May 10, 2008, 12:49 AM NHFT
has someone already mentioned giving the Nazi salute complete with remark whenever you see any Homeland Security?
some have done it .... I might have to add that one to the arsenal :)

FTL_Ian

Plus, he drives one of these:

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Luke S on May 11, 2008, 08:35 AM NHFT
Oh, and once again for the record, it's not slave labor, it's community service.
He is against drug prohibition.

LEAP

Luke should go support McCain for president and leave the revolution to folks that have a clue.  ;D

NJLiberty

Except that you are making them the property of the community, hence slaves.

So let me understand Luke, if I were to get caught possessing marijuana, which in most jurisdictions is a trivial offense, you want the state to go to the incredible expense of shipping me to the southern border, paying to feed and house me there, paying to teach me and others who are not in the construction industry how to build things, so I can build a wall to restrict the free movement of people? Have you really thought this through?

First of all Luke, if you are picked up for possessing marijuana you are going to the county jail, at least here in NJ. Second, why would the receiving state want a large population of dangerous criminals, which you seem to feel drug users are, being sent to their state and endangering their citizens? This would have to be a federal program and that won't happen because the feds would much rather contract things out to their friends and cohorts than to do anything cheaply and effectively.

Question Luke, do you have nutmeg in your pantry?

George

Luke S

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 11, 2008, 08:41 AM NHFT
He is against drug prohibition.

LEAP

Oh, so he is, is he?

Officers who are part of LEAP are officers who are basically making the statement that they don't want to do their jobs, and that their jobs should be given to other people who are willing to enforce the laws and protect the community.

Luke should go support McCain for president

I wanted Ron Paul to be president, but it's pretty apparent that Paul doesn't have enough popular support, so out of the three that have enough popular support to potentially become president (McCain, Obama, Clinton), I think McCain is the lesser of the three evils.

and leave the revolution to folks that have a clue.  ;D

I could say the same thing right back to you. You blame people like me for your problems, when in reality we're on the same side most of the time. 90% of the people who are screwing up America are leftist interest groups, free government money freeloaders (welfare, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.), and criminals, including druggies and dealers. People like me are trying to rein in all three of those groups of people and are working hard to restore freedom.

Luke S

Quote from: NJLiberty on May 11, 2008, 08:52 AM NHFT

Except that you are making them the property of the community, hence slaves.

I've already explained why this is not so, George:

Quote from: Luke S on April 22, 2008, 02:45 PM NHFT
[C]ommunity service is not slavery, nor are fines robbery. That fact is made clear in the famed 14th "Anti-Slavery" Amendment. Although slavery was abolished, they made sure to write the Amendment to make it very clear that involuntary servitude could still be used as a punishment for a crime.
(Oops, I meant 13th amendment, not 14th. Oh well.)

Quote from: NJLibertySo let me understand Luke, if I were to get caught possessing marijuana, which in most jurisdictions is a trivial offense, you want the state to go to the incredible expense of shipping me to the southern border, paying to feed and house me there, paying to teach me and others who are not in the construction industry how to build things, so I can build a wall to restrict the free movement of people? Have you really thought this through?

First of all Luke, if you are picked up for possessing marijuana you are going to the county jail, at least here in NJ. Second, why would the receiving state want a large population of dangerous criminals, which you seem to feel drug users are, being sent to their state and endangering their citizens? This would have to be a federal program and that won't happen because the feds would much rather contract things out to their friends and cohorts than to do anything cheaply and effectively.

I've already answered that, too:

Quote from: Luke S on April 25, 2008, 01:04 PM NHFT
[A]ll marijuana user offenders who do not live in a border state, will for their community service be assigned to special factories that will be built throughout the US (paid for by marijuana fines), in which the individual sections of the fence will be pre-made by the offenders.

Quote from: NJLiberty

George
Is that some sort of New Hampshirism or New Jerseyism? Because I've never heard it before.

NJLiberty

Quote from: Luke S on May 11, 2008, 09:22 AM NHFT
[C]ommunity service is not slavery, nor are fines robbery. That fact is made clear in the famed 14th "Anti-Slavery" Amendment. Although slavery was abolished, they made sure to write the Amendment to make it very clear that involuntary servitude could still be used as a punishment for a crime.

(Oops, I meant 13th amendment, not 14th. Oh well.)

Actually that proves the point that it is slavery. If it weren't they would not have had to make an exception to provide for it in an anti-slavery amendment. Just because it is "legal" Luke, doesn't make it any less slavery. It just means you get to call it "involuntary servitude" and feel better about yourself. It is still slavery as those who crafted the amendment clearly realized.

Quote from: Luke S on April 25, 2008, 01:04 PM NHFT
[A]ll marijuana user offenders who do not live in a border state, will for their community service be assigned to special factories that will be built throughout the US (paid for by marijuana fines), in which the individual sections of the fence will be pre-made by the offenders.

Didn't see that one, though you are going to have to raise the fines through the roof for that to work.

Quote from: NJLiberty

George
Is that some sort of New Hampshirism or New Jerseyism? Because I've never heard it before.
[/quote]

It is actually just a question of whether or not you are in possession of a known hallucinogenic drug, which also has some rather harmless and tasty uses. If you do and it were arbitrarily made illegal next week should I have you arrested and banished to your concentration camps for illegal drug possession?

The point is Luke that there are a lot of natural drugs in the world. The fact that the feds in this country have arbitrarily decided that some of them are illegal does not suddenly make the people who use them bad people anymore than it makes the plants themselves bad plants. If the feds next week added nutmeg to their list of banned substances and you continued to eat apple pie you wouldn't be a bad person, nor would you be a bad person if you took it further and made nutmeg shakes from it and used it as a hallucinogen. You would still be Luke. The same thing applies if they ever prohibited alcohol again. Those who continued to drink wouldn't all of a sudden be any different than they were the day before. They would just be newly minted criminals according to an arbitrary system.

I ask you Luke, if you lived in the 1800's when all of these drugs were legal, would you have have still wanted to punish your neighbors for doing the drugs?

George

FTL_Ian

LEOs in LEAP are courageous and heroic for opposing bad law.

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Depends on the department.

They certainly face retaliation.