• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

....so take back the weed and take back the cocaine baby...take back the beer and take back the wisky to... all along your love was all I was after.. and right now baby I could get off on you....

jgmaynard

STILL NOTHING getting done or planned...........

You folks are doing EXACTLYwhat the big-government forces want........... NOTHING!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JM

Lloyd Danforth

Is this the Jim Maynard who showed up at Kat's Proprty tax Protest only because he bumped into me in front of Lindy's and reminded him about it?

Kat Kanning

Hey don't criticize Jim, the man who's done so many acts of civil disobedience.

jgmaynard

Hey, I think that stuff is great........ Arguing and pontificating over useless subjects like fasting is not getting anything done.... When was the last time we did anything newsworthy? Arguing about trivalities is exactly what they want.....

Here's an idea:

We could have an "illegal business day" where people do things without a license....... Geology, manicuring, whatever.

Now...... What are the chances people will comment on that idea, or suggest new ones? Or will it all go back to a discussion of something else? Or maybe someone will be opposed to the idea and then we can spend a month talking about how the rights of the grass are being trampled on.........  ::)

I'm sorry if I sound pissed, but I am. It's like this great opportunity to keep one state free is spinning its wheels over slight philosophical differences and no one being able to stay on track.

And Lloyd, Kat, I have run for office twice, we all have our ways of making a difference......

JM

jgmaynard

LOL......... Sorry, what I should have said above was that just disccssing trivial things and getting off-topic was what was not accomplishing anything. You folks have been great.

I'll also make you folks a deal, but I'm putting it on another thread, because it's off-topic :)  lol

JM

FTL_Ian

Obviously my opinion on what you all are doing (or not doing), is not worth much.  However as an "outsider", I was quite disappointed to have Dada Orwell not be able to answer my recent inquiry (on the air) about what Liberty oriented things were going on in NH.  We passed it off as summertime slowdown, but it still was a bummer to hear.   :-\  You guys had some momentum going for a few months there...

Take that however you want, as I am not there personally to make a difference.  I hope this is not percieved as a complaint.  It's not.  I still think you guys are doing more than any Liberty group around here, and I know your numbers are limited, but know that there are a LOT of people watching and wondering what's next.

Russell Kanning

In the arena of civil disobedience the goal is to put pressure so the oppressive regime either gives in or shows their tyrannical nature.

Right now the government is giving into us on a couple issues. They have still not thrown me in jail for blatantly not paying income taxes or reacted to our not paying school property taxes. I am just enjoying it right now. We could up the ante as we have the drive and nerve.

I have been focusing on school issues and taxes in general. Maybe we could rev up an anti-war tax resistance movement.......see how they react to people refusing to pay fed taxes because they use the money for war.

The government doesn't seem to like the LSF much .... maybe we can keep ramping up the action and see if they try to shut down our pro-liberty action.

They have not given in on the licensing issue yet .... Mike seems encouraged by the reaction that a rep has had.....so I guess we could wait and see or do something more to show how silly and rotten those rules are.

AlanM

It strikes me that the gubmint is stretched thin these days. Doing something that shows their basic incompetence would be good, I would think. But what? I haven't come up with anything. If it could dramatize the idea of don't do what the gov tells you to do, your life may be in danger if yo do. Tie it in with what has happened in NO to those who followed gov orders.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AlanM on September 04, 2005, 07:21 AM NHFTDoing something that shows their basic incompetence would be good, I would think. But what?

whip up a storm?

AlanM

Maybe a protest against gov schools? Emphasize how they teach kids to do what the gov tells them to do, instead of using their own initiative.

SteveA

Don't accept dollars as payment for your services.  It's the paper machine that powers the system.  (Sadly, I don't know how you'd be able to pay taxes either if the transactions weren't in dollars :( ;))  "Barter" using silver coins, instead of dollars.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: SteveA on September 04, 2005, 07:35 AM NHFT
Don't accept dollars as payment for your services.? It's the paper machine that powers the system.? (Sadly, I don't know how you'd be able to pay taxes either if the transactions weren't in dollars :( ;))? "Barter" using silver coins, instead of dollars.

The book Transfer by Gerald "Jerry" Furland visited this idea. A transition to a cashless society where monetary transactions were by implanted chips. Those who did not accept the chip could not pay their taxes so lost there property.

Lloyd Danforth

The schools are starting up again this year. ?You could start informational pickets in front of the schools explaining the deficincies and dangers of government schools.