• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tchassis

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on June 06, 2008, 07:17 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 06, 2008, 07:15 AM NHFT
nothing is too small if they decide they want to hurt you

Shouldn't the goal then be to make the CD actions so big they can't be ignored?
How about half a dozen people playing poker with stacks of $20s & $50s on the table?

John Edward Mercier

You would have to run something like a 'booking' operation...
The State's problem is with the gambling (though the statute might suggest otherwise) its with the individual making a profit with little to no risk. This is why non-profit gambling is permitted, but with tight restrictions.

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

another idea from ryan:

it's apparently against city ordinance in manchester to jog without a blaze orange vest or something along those lines.  not sure if it's always illegal or just at night.

also there's a city ordinance that says you have to keep moving while demonstrating, and that is enforced to some extent.  it may only be for groups of 3 or more

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT
selling incandescent light bulbs after the fed ban in 2012 - or sooner if the state bans them sooner (there is a bill at the state house 2008)
refusal to pay one or more taxes

Is this really going through? This would be outragous. These types of light bulbs are necessary for the cheap, light weight, lights I use for video. I drop them sometimes while setting up, so I won't be spending $5 a piece on toxic lightbulbs where the wattage can't be changed out.

John Edward Mercier

To some degree. There is an incoming federal regulation on the efficiency of lighting products. Incandescents don't seem to meet the specifications.

Dave Ridley

While holding signs yesterday I had a conversation with another sign holder standing next to me.  He was an ex con holding a sign for a write-in candidate who he says wants to reform valley street jail.    there are apparently abuses over there.

That got me thinking...reforming the jail using government, would cost money.  But any one of us could reform a jail at no cost to taxpayers simply by spending time in there with a video camera.

Of course, they'd probably arrest you for trying.  So maybe one type of civil disobedience would be to walk up to the entrance with a camera and just stand there until arrested or allowed in.  if they ignored you then you could just put on one of those "report jail abuses here" signs.

ideally this would be somethign to do after a jail is back in the news.   maybe one could contact them and let them know this may be what will happen if they get caught committing abuses again.

i guess this idea could apply to any area where cameras are restricted.

Dave Ridley

Sent to me via the ridley report youtube channel:
i think it's an rsa

<< CHAPTER 215
REGISTRATION AND LICENSING OF GUIDES
Section 215:1
215:1 When Required. – No person shall engage in the business of guiding, until he has registered with the executive director and procured from him a license so to do.

I don't know what they mean by "guiding", but I think it means being a tour guide. So theoretically, even if you were to take somebody on a tiny little tour around Veterans' park, that would be illegal unless you had a license from this "executive director" person.>>

ReverendRyan

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 19, 2008, 11:45 AM NHFT
Sent to me via the ridley report youtube channel:
i think it's an rsa

<< CHAPTER 215
REGISTRATION AND LICENSING OF GUIDES
Section 215:1
215:1 When Required. – No person shall engage in the business of guiding, until he has registered with the executive director and procured from him a license so to do.

I don't know what they mean by "guiding", but I think it means being a tour guide. So theoretically, even if you were to take somebody on a tiny little tour around Veterans' park, that would be illegal unless you had a license from this "executive director" person.>>

Applies only to hunting and fishing guides.

ReverendRyan

291-A:11 Sale or Purchase of Parts Prohibited. –
    I. A person shall not knowingly, for valuable consideration, purchase or sell a part, if removal of the part occurs or is intended to occur after the death of the decedent.
    II. Valuable consideration does not include reasonable payment for the removal, processing, disposal, preservation, quality control, storage, transportation, or implantation of a part.
    III. A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and, notwithstanding RSA 651:2, upon conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $50,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 5 years, or both.

I hereby announce my intent to sell to Mr. David Ridley, for one ounce of silver, upon my death, the fingernail and/or toenail trimmings customarily produced by preparation of my corpse for disposal. They should be collected from the funeral director, and the silver paid to my estate.

289:22 Stone Rubbings. – No person shall make gravestone rubbings in any municipal cemetery or burial ground without first obtaining the written permission of the town selectmen or the mayor of a city or designee. Before granting such permission, the selectmen or mayor will ascertain to the best of their ability that the person making the request knows the proper precautions to be taken and the proper materials to be used for this activity. The town selectmen or city mayor or their designee shall notify the cemetery trustees of the request and its disposition. Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

This is a pretty easy and straightforward one. I'd make sure only to do this on marble or metal plaques rather than any granite (NH granite is relatively soft), so that you know any damage is near impossible. Also, stick to public figures on this one.

J’raxis 270145

Apparently Manchester's city bus network does not allow firearms on board their buses.

The Manchester Transit Authority is ostensibly "private" but partially owned by the city. I don't know about their funding sources, but if they're like most other public transit authorities, they probably receive well over half of their funding through tax dollars (e.g., Boston's MBTA system is funded about 75% by the State sales tax).

FTL_Ian