• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

Quote from: aries on May 04, 2006, 06:35 PM NHFT
It will be available to NH resident US citizens, with a birth certificate as the only "paper" required to get one.

Why would you need a birth certificate to get one?

All a driver's license is for is to prove that you are capable of driving, right?

How about just putting a fingerprint (or some other "foolproof" bio-metric) on it that can be compared to an actual finger as proof that the bearer is the one that passed the driving test?

Pat McCotter

Your insurance company should be the one to issue you a certificate of drving skills. They have the financial liability if you cannot drive properly.

They should also be the party that requires a safety inspection of your vehicle. They should certify garages for these inspections.

Zork

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 04, 2006, 07:08 PM NHFT
Your insurance company should be the one to issue you a certificate of drving skills. They have the financial liability if you cannot drive properly.

They should also be the party that requires a safety inspection of your vehicle. They should certify garages for these inspections.

Nothing wrong with a third party liscencing body.  Then the insurance company can decide if that liscencing body meets their specifications, rather than each any every insurance company reinventing the wheel.

aries

Quote from: Ron Helwig on May 04, 2006, 07:00 PM NHFT
It will be available to NH resident US citizens, with a birth certificate as the only "paper" required to get one.

Why would you need a birth certificate to get one?

All a driver's license is for is to prove that you are capable of driving, right?

How about just putting a fingerprint (or some other "foolproof" bio-metric) on it that can be compared to an actual finger as proof that the bearer is the one that passed the driving test?

To at least somewhat appease the statists and make it look more legit. Everyone has a birth certificate (well, almost).

The fingerprint idea is good too. It isn't so much a "hey look I can drive" card as a parallel, private ID card. The driving component would be optional, and only displayed as a flag on the card.

Lex

In that case what is the point of the ID? Can't I just say "Hi officer, I'm me."

aries

Perhaps the card could exceed the standard for licensing in the state. State issued licenses would also be transferrable to this card.

We'd need at least a few full time employees if this got big enough, so we'd need a good way for it to turn a profit. Perhaps a somewhat quick renewal cycle and a decent rate to renew. If 1000 people renewed every year at $25 per year, that would generate $25,000. Enough for equipment and time, I suppose, but not enough for employees.

I can only imagine the ads taken out in the Union Leader - "New Hampshire state police remind citizens that the counterfeit ID "FreeStateID" is not a valid identification card, and should not be accepted by retailers of tobacco or alcoholic beverages, and will not be considered a valid license by the state police."

That of course, would come before we got a bill in the house to make it recognized.

aries

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on May 04, 2006, 07:36 PM NHFT
In that case what is the point of the ID? Can't I just say "Hi officer, I'm me."
Because big brother likes papers.

And we don't mind carrying state papers, as the current licensing system shows.

So we fork the system and create a private ID card. It doesn't have to be a driving license. I just like the idea of a privatized drivers license.

A private ID is the first goal, so you can do all that fancy age-restricted stuff without showing or obtaining a RealID.

A private DL is a ways off, I think.

Russell Kanning

Burning all your government paperwork in front of the appropriate agency. :)

Recumbent ReCycler

I don't have a birth certificate, but I could make a copy in photoshop.  >:D

The gov't has the only official copies of my citizenship papers, as mine disappeared along with a lot of my records when I had a moving co. pack and deliver my household goods.  Some moving companies will pack everything in the house, including stuff that you tell them not to if you don't have a person watching each of them to make sure they do things right.  The co that moved me even packed my trash and perishable foods when I wasn't looking.

aries

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3638 for discussion of a different kind of ID. Not quite CD until we implement a driving test component.

Defender - you should be able to have a copy of your birth certificate mailed to you by contacting the hospital or place where you were born.

Tunga

Not getting a Real ID.

What about us sworn Nationals of the USA? Tunga knows the definition of US citizen is derived from a constitutional ammendment that was never properly ratified. Tunga would be purjuring hisself if he were to admit to being a lowly "US citizen".

A National of the USA is one of the People mentioned in the preamble to the Constitution. A "US citizen" is a government slave. Please note that whenever the word citizen is used in the Constitution (pre - 14th amendment) it is always capitalized. Not so with todays uniformed citizens. Who continue to subjugate themselves without understanding how.

Russell Kanning

Creating a different ID and taking driving tests is not my idea of civil disobedience.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: aries on May 05, 2006, 05:55 AM NHFT
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3638 for discussion of a different kind of ID. Not quite CD until we implement a driving test component.

Defender - you should be able to have a copy of your birth certificate mailed to you by contacting the hospital or place where you were born.

Some counties/parishes in Katrina/Rita ravaged Gulf Coast communities womn't be able to. Many places around the country are similar due to natural/other causes.

Zork

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 05, 2006, 07:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 05, 2006, 05:55 AM NHFT

Some counties/parishes in Katrina/Rita ravaged Gulf Coast communities womn't be able to. Many places around the country are similar due to natural/other causes.

Not an ideal solution.  But birth certificates get filed with the county and with the state, at least here in NJ.  NJMVC (DMV) no longer accepts hospital birth certificates (since they're not "secure" enough) so I had to get a certified copy from the Division of Health and Human Services.  I'd hazard a guess to say that would be the case (copies available with the state, not that the state won't accept non-state copies) in most states.

aries

Quote from: Tunga on May 05, 2006, 07:07 AM NHFT
Not getting a Real ID.

What about us sworn Nationals of the USA? Tunga knows the definition of US citizen is derived from a constitutional ammendment that was never properly ratified. Tunga would be purjuring hisself if he were to admit to being a lowly "US citizen".

A National of the USA is one of the People mentioned in the preamble to the Constitution. A "US citizen" is a government slave. Please note that whenever the word citizen is used in the Constitution (pre - 14th amendment) it is always capitalized. Not so with todays uniformed citizens. Who continue to subjugate themselves without understanding how.
If your birth certificate is from a US hospital, then you get it.

I am thinking it isn't that important for US citizens, it's just that I dont know how to verify foreign birth certificates..